PDA

View Full Version : Concordia

Allan[_3_]
January 1st 09, 04:26 AM
Does anyone know when its scheduled to start flying ?

Bob Kuykendall
January 1st 09, 06:14 AM
On Dec 31, 8:26*pm, Allan > wrote:
> Does anyone know when its scheduled to start flying ?

Tuesday.

Year, month, and week TBD.

Allan[_3_]
January 1st 09, 08:13 AM
On Jan 1, 7:14*pm, Bob Kuykendall > wrote:
> On Dec 31, 8:26*pm, Allan > wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know when its scheduled to start flying ?
>
> Tuesday.
>
> Year, month, and week TBD.

that really helped a lot <grin>

DRN
January 1st 09, 09:35 PM
On Jan 1, 3:13*am, Allan > wrote:
> On Jan 1, 7:14*pm, Bob Kuykendall > wrote:
>
> > On Dec 31, 8:26*pm, Allan > wrote:
>
> > > Does anyone know when its scheduled to start flying ?
>
> > Tuesday.
>
> > Year, month, and week TBD.
>
> that really helped a lot <grin>

I talked to Dick a few days ago: He had just completed mating the wing
spars and installing main pins, next up is the outer wing panel
joints. Spars are installed in lower skins, still to be completed are
a lot of control linkage and ballast components. Gerhardt was over
last month helping with the spars. Concordia is a truly gigantic
project, and Dick's working 6 long days per week on it...

Perhaps I'll start a pool for which flies first:
- HP-24
- Brad's motor-glider
- Concordia

I'm rooting for all of them !
Best Wishes for 2009, Dave "YO electric"

Udo Rumpf[_2_]
January 2nd 09, 03:15 AM
>Perhaps I'll start a pool for which flies first:
>- HP-24
>- Brad's motor-glider
>- Concordia
>
>I'm rooting for all of them !
>Best Wishes for 2009, Dave "YO electric"

Considering the financial resources and the time available,
Bob is doing a fantastic job.
Udo

Allan[_3_]
January 2nd 09, 04:59 AM

> Perhaps I'll start a pool for which flies first:
> - HP-24
> - Brad's motor-glider
> - Concordia
>
> I'm rooting for all of them !
> Best Wishes for 2009, Dave "YO electric"

You should perhaps add the Omarama 1 to that list, which sounds like a
pretty cool project from the little Ive heard about it.
Allan

Uncle Fuzzy
January 2nd 09, 05:02 PM
On Jan 1, 8:59*pm, Allan > wrote:
> > Perhaps I'll start a pool for which flies first:
> > - HP-24
> > - Brad's motor-glider
> > - Concordia
>
> > I'm rooting for all of them !
> > Best Wishes for 2009, Dave "YO electric"
>
> You should perhaps add the Omarama 1 to that list, which sounds like a
> pretty cool project from the little Ive heard about it.
> Allan

Does the 'Concordia' project have a website? Bob's HP-24 site is a
'first thing every week' for me.
Thanks,
Jim

Bob Kuykendall
January 2nd 09, 09:46 PM
On Jan 2, 9:02*am, Uncle Fuzzy > wrote:

> Does the 'Concordia' project have a website? *Bob's HP-24 site is a
> 'first thing every week' for me.
> Thanks,
> Jim

Thanks! I really appreciate everybody's interest in the project. That
really helps keep me focused on it.

Today we re-stacked the wing molds and cleaned off the height-gage
pylons from the left upper wing skin. Then I started fitting a spar
into it and marking out where we'll eventually bond it in. Sunday I'll
be back up at the shop to continue.

Thanks, Bob K.
www.hpaircraft.com/hp-24

Darryl Ramm
January 2nd 09, 10:14 PM
On Jan 2, 1:46*pm, Bob Kuykendall > wrote:
> On Jan 2, 9:02*am, Uncle Fuzzy > wrote:
>
> > Does the 'Concordia' project have a website? *Bob's HP-24 site is a
> > 'first thing every week' for me.
> > Thanks,
> > Jim
>
> Thanks! I really appreciate everybody's interest in the project. That
> really helps keep me focused on it.
>
> Today we re-stacked the wing molds and cleaned off the height-gage
> pylons from the left upper wing skin. Then I started fitting a spar
> into it and marking out where we'll eventually bond it in. Sunday I'll
> be back up at the shop to continue.
>
> Thanks, Bob K.www.hpaircraft.com/hp-24

Bob

I also enjoy reading your blog. It is great to see what goes into
modern composite construction. Can't wait to see photos of the spar
work.

But.... I can't follow Brad's digs on the shoes. Was there damage to
the skins or not?

Darryl

Brad[_2_]
January 2nd 09, 10:26 PM
On Jan 2, 2:14*pm, Darryl Ramm > wrote:
> On Jan 2, 1:46*pm, Bob Kuykendall > wrote:
>

> > On Jan 2, 9:02*am, Uncle Fuzzy > wrote:
>
> > > Does the 'Concordia' project have a website? *Bob's HP-24 site is a
> > > 'first thing every week' for me.
> > > Thanks,
> > > Jim
>
> > Thanks! I really appreciate everybody's interest in the project. That
> > really helps keep me focused on it.
>
> > Today we re-stacked the wing molds and cleaned off the height-gage
> > pylons from the left upper wing skin. Then I started fitting a spar
> > into it and marking out where we'll eventually bond it in. Sunday I'll
> > be back up at the shop to continue.
>
> > Thanks, Bob K.www.hpaircraft.com/hp-24
>
> Bob
>
> I also enjoy reading your blog. It is great to see what goes into
> modern composite construction. Can't wait to see photos of the spar
> work.
>
> But.... I can't follow Brad's digs on the shoes. Was there damage to
> the skins or not?
>
> Darryl- Hide quoted text -

Darryl,

In a private e-mail Bob assured me the wing skin is OK.

Now it's on to getting a ton of fiddly design details done and bond
those skins together.

Brad

Google