PDA

View Full Version : IGC log file tabulator

Tuno
January 4th 09, 03:02 AM
PC console program to create tab-delimited files for importing into a
spreadsheet-based logbook.

http://www.justsoar.com/public/igc2tablog/

(Yes -- free!)

2NO

Gary Emerson
January 4th 09, 02:17 PM
Tuno wrote:
> PC console program to create tab-delimited files for importing into a
> spreadsheet-based logbook.
>
> http://www.justsoar.com/public/igc2tablog/
>
> (Yes -- free!)
>
> 2NO

Cool! Thanks for doing that! Works great.

Gary Emerson
January 4th 09, 03:34 PM
Gary Emerson wrote:
> Tuno wrote:
>> PC console program to create tab-delimited files for importing into a
>> spreadsheet-based logbook.
>>
>> http://www.justsoar.com/public/igc2tablog/
>>
>> (Yes -- free!)
>>
>> 2NO
>

> Cool! Thanks for doing that! Works great.

If you name the output file with an .xls extension you can open it
directly with excel.

Tuno
January 4th 09, 05:07 PM
An early bug report with an easy workaround: the hyperlinks in the
output have a semicolon between the arguments, which works for
OpenOffice Calc. If you import into Excel, you'll need to search and
replace the semicolons with commas first. (The hyperlinks exist to
open individual log files in SeeYou, or whatever software you use that
opens .IGC files.)

Thanks to Mark Hawkins for the bug report.

2NO

January 4th 09, 07:08 PM
On Jan 4, 9:07*am, Tuno > wrote:
> An early bug report with an easy workaround: the hyperlinks in the
> output have a semicolon between the arguments, which works for
> OpenOffice Calc. If you import into Excel, you'll need to search and
> replace the semicolons with commas first. (The hyperlinks exist to
> open individual log files in SeeYou, or whatever software you use that
> opens .IGC files.)
>
> Thanks to Mark Hawkins for the bug report.
>
> 2NO

Pretty neat Ted. I had to brush up on my command line skills.

I can't get the hyperlinks to work. I get a "Can't Open the Specified
File" error. I suspect it has to do with the path name. Now all I need
to do is create a linked import sheet that draws from your format into
mine.

9B

Tuno
January 4th 09, 09:02 PM
Andy - the hyperlinks will only work if you have an application
installed (like SeeYou) that is associated with .IGC files. If you
have SeeYou installed, check your system settings to make sure the
file type association is in place.

2NO

January 4th 09, 11:44 PM
On Jan 4, 1:02*pm, Tuno > wrote:
> Andy - the hyperlinks will only work if you have an application
> installed (like SeeYou) that is associated with .IGC files. If you
> have SeeYou installed, check your system settings to make sure the
> file type association is in place.
>
> 2NO

Yup - I have SeeYou and the correct association to .igc. In fact the
hyperlinks I set up manually using Excel pull-down menus work fine.

(sound of head scratching)

9B

Tom[_6_]
January 6th 09, 02:37 AM
2NO - Thanks for this tool. Helped me fill out my log book. Also, looking
at the output I noticed that throughout the year the GID in my 302 changes,
so I need to find which program (SeeYou Mobil, ConnectMe, or the Cambridge
CE tool) is setting it incorrectly.

I too have the HYPERLINK problem and I'm using OpenOffice Calc. My file
associations are okay since SeeYou is launched if I double-click an IGC in
Explorer. The error message from Calc says, file:///845C46G3.IGC The
specified path does not exist.

I have the Calc file in the same folder as the IGCs.

Tom
OD2

MarkHawke7
January 6th 09, 02:31 PM
Tom,
You can do a couple of things to get the link to be correct.
1) Do a search and replace of "///" with "///<path to IGC files>
or
2) Specify the full path to the igc files on the command line.

The problem with #2 is that, as his readme file says, he's still
working out how to allow for directory names with spaces in them such
as "Documents and Settings". So unless you have your files in
something like "C:\IGCFiles" it won't put the proper directory name in
the Hyperlink. The good news is that #1 is pretty easy to do.

Later!

-Mark
On Jan 5, 7:37*pm, "Tom" > wrote:

> I too have the HYPERLINK problem and I'm using OpenOffice Calc. *My file
> associations are okay since SeeYou is launched if I double-click an IGC in
> Explorer. *The error message from Calc says, file:///845C46G3.IGC *The
> specified path does not exist.
>
> I have the Calc file in the same folder as the IGCs.
>
> Tom
> OD2

Tom[_6_]
January 6th 09, 03:14 PM
Got it! Thanks Mark.

On Jan 5, 7:37 pm, "Tom" > wrote:

> I too have the HYPERLINK problem and I'm using OpenOffice Calc. My file
> associations are okay since SeeYou is launched if I double-click an IGC in
> Explorer. The error message from Calc says, file:///845C46G3.IGC The
> specified path does not exist.
>
> I have the Calc file in the same folder as the IGCs.
>
> Tom
> OD2

Tuno
January 7th 09, 04:09 AM
I've updated the readme.txt file at the web site with a few more tips.

If you like to use the hyperlink feature to open flights in SeeYou,
the trick is to provide the full path to your flight storage folder
when you run the program. Unfortunately, paths have to be short (DOS
8.3) format (GNU gcc does not give me a function to convert).

2NO

MarkHawke7
January 7th 09, 01:56 PM
Perhaps it could look for a text file in the same directory as the IGC
files named something like path.txt that would simply contain the full
path to the directory where the IGC Files are located. Then you could
simply pre-pend this path to the actual file names. Just my 2 cents.
I'm not the one that has to code it up though. :-)

-Mark
On Jan 6, 9:09*pm, Tuno > wrote:
> I've updated the readme.txt file at the web site with a few more tips.
>
> If you like to use the hyperlink feature to open flights in SeeYou,
> the trick is to provide the full path to your flight storage folder
> when you run the program. Unfortunately, paths have to be short (DOS
> 8.3) format (GNU gcc does not give me a function to convert).
>
> 2NO

Google