PDA

View Full Version : Portable PDA System for sale.

January 9th 09, 12:35 AM
Hello, for anyone interested I'm selling my portable system now that I
have my own ship with a cradle and solid mount. Proved to be a great
set up for moving between club ships.

Dell X30 Color PDA: This PDA includes Bluetooth, WiFi, IR, PPC2003.
Unit works great, always has had a screen protector and I'll put a
fresh one on before it gets sent out. Also includes XC Soar set up
and downloaded for use on an SD card. Let me know what and where you
fly and I'll work out setting up the color Terrain/Topography and
waypoints for your area as well as the polar for the ships you fly.
Includes a standard battery as well as an extended long run pack.
It's been a while since I used this big pack but it did get me through
the 5 hour duration flight for my silver badge last summer. Another
nice feature of XC Soar is that it has a built in logger, nice to have
a back up log file during a race in case your Data Logger goes tango
uniform. Unfortunatly this log file isn't any good for badges or OLC,
but the nice guys at XC Soar are working on that. What a great easy
to use program! I fly for a living and taught myself to use the
program on long boring flights.....it keeps up with the jet just
fine! Not to mention it's fun to see yourself 40,000ft over glide.

For GPS signal, a EMTAC GPS puck. Also works great, as a matter of
fact it probably works faster/better than my Cambridge 302. Comes
with wall and a cigarette charger. You can use this puck with any
other bluetooth device such as a phone, laptop, or other PDA. That's a
nice feature for someone who might want to use a GPS street navigation
program with thier super phone or PDA.

Additional items included:

Aluminum hard case for the PDA
Portable RAM style suction cup mount (works but would benefit from
some new suction cups)
Docking station for the PDA that also includes a separate charging
port to charge both batteries at once.
SD card with XC Soar ready to go with polars/terrain/topography.
Travel cords for the PDA so you don't have to drag the docking station
around.

Like I said, it's a great setup for someone flying club ships or just
getting into XC soaring. It's nice that it also doubles as a good PDA
too. Even though I have my own ship and logger now, I still take it
with me as a back up (already had an electrical problem once and
needed it), and it helps in the car to locate others on those wierd
off airport landouts. I would keep it but I need the money for Oxygen
System parts!

$250 or best offer. Email, and I'd be happy to send some pictures!

Thanks,
Bryce

Google