PDA

View Full Version : HP310 and XCSoar

Jim White[_3_]
January 14th 09, 03:30 PM
Hi Helpers!

I have my HP314 and have got XCSoar working on it. Can anyone tell me how
to stop the backlight turning off after 30 secs?

Many tx

Jim

Richard[_9_]
January 14th 09, 04:24 PM
On Jan 14, 7:30*am, Jim White > wrote:
> Hi Helpers!
>
> I have my HP314 and have got XCSoar working on it. Can anyone tell me how
> to stop the backlight turning off after 30 secs?
>
> Many tx
>
> Jim

JIm,

Shut down the XC Soar Program. In Windows CE Start - settings-
Control Panel- Display - Backlight Uncheck all the boxes.

Now Control Panel - Power - Schemes - Set Battery Power and AC
Power All to Never.

This works on my 310.

Can you give us your opinion of the screen visibility outside will
full direct sun from the rear on your screen? My 310 the map on
SeeYou is basically unreadable.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

Jim White[_2_]
January 14th 09, 06:15 PM
At 16:24 14 January 2009, Richard wrote:
>On Jan 14, 7:30=A0am, Jim White wrote:
>> Hi Helpers!
>>
>> I have my HP314 and have got XCSoar working on it. Can anyone tell me
>how
>> to stop the backlight turning off after 30 secs?
>>
>> Many tx
>>
>> Jim
>
>JIm,
>
>Shut down the XC Soar Program. In Windows CE Start - settings-
>Control Panel- Display - Backlight Uncheck all the boxes.
>
>Now Control Panel - Power - Schemes - Set Battery Power and AC
>Power All to Never.
>
>This works on my 310.
>
>Can you give us your opinion of the screen visibility outside will
>full direct sun from the rear on your screen? My 310 the map on
>SeeYou is basically unreadable.
>
>Richard
>www.craggyaero.com

Tx Richard...sorted. I also found a setting where I could turn the screen
up to full brightness all the time. Have used it in sunlight today and it
seemed fine. I will report back.

I think the xcsoar implementation is pretty good so far. Have upped the
font size for the info boxes and they are really clear in white / colour
on black.

Next power feed then bluetooth connection to my vario! My first idea is to
get another car adaptor for £10 and pull it apart. Any thoughts?

Jim

Google