PDA

View Full Version : US Contest Pilots, Register Online in 2009!

January 15th 09, 02:22 AM
The SSA recently upgraded online contest pilot registration. All US
contest pilots are encouraged use the new online registration this
season.

There are many advantages to registering online including complete
entry and waivers using the new 2009 form along with a handy document
checklist. Plus your information is remembered for future
registrations. Contest managers will be happy as your entry will show
up in their email box and the scorer can import online registrations
directly to scoring software. Keep your Contest Manager happy and
register online in 2009.

To register online go to the SSA web site (www.ssa.org) under the
Sailplane Racing > Online Registration menu. You must be logged into
the SSA web site to register.

Special appreciation to SSA Webmaster Doug Easton for his insightful
and brilliant work on the web based contest resources and this
upgrade.

Register online in 2009!

John Seaborn

DRN
January 15th 09, 12:46 PM
On Jan 14, 9:22*pm, wrote:
> The SSA recently upgraded online contest pilot registration. All US
> contest pilots are encouraged use the new online registration this
> season.
>
> There are many advantages to registering online including complete
> entry and waivers using the new 2009 form along with a handy document
> checklist. Plus your information is remembered for future
> registrations. Contest managers will be happy as your entry will show
> up in their email box and the scorer can import online registrations
> directly to scoring software. Keep your Contest Manager happy and
> register online in 2009.
>
> To register online go to the SSA web site (www.ssa.org) under the
> Sailplane Racing > Online Registration menu. You must be logged into
> the SSA web site to register.
>
> Special appreciation to SSA Webmaster Doug Easton for his insightful
> and brilliant work on the web based contest resources and this
> upgrade.
>
> Register online in 2009!
>
> John Seaborn

And it works great ! Thanks John and all who worked on this.
Best Regards, Dave

Tuno
January 15th 09, 01:41 PM
Not only is the contest registration automated online, but members can
activate their own blogs and upload photos into their own gallery. (To
see a member blog, just click on a name under "Contestant List"). Your
blog is your own little soaring myspace, even your soaring
achievements are automatically listed there (badges, records and
contests with placings).

Very nice work Doug.

2NO

Andy[_1_]
January 15th 09, 02:50 PM
On Jan 15, 6:41*am, Tuno > wrote:
> Not only is the contest registration automated online, but members can
> activate their own blogs and upload photos into their own gallery. (To
> see a member blog, just click on a name under "Contestant List"). Your
> blog is your own little soaring myspace, even your soaring
> achievements are automatically listed there (badges, records and
> contests with placings).

I poked around for a while but never found any of this. Can you say
where "contetstant list" is please.

Andy

Andy[_1_]
January 15th 09, 03:15 PM
On Jan 15, 7:50*am, Andy > wrote:
> On Jan 15, 6:41*am, Tuno > wrote:
>
> > Not only is the contest registration automated online, but members can
> > activate their own blogs and upload photos into their own gallery. (To
> > see a member blog, just click on a name under "Contestant List"). Your
> > blog is your own little soaring myspace, even your soaring
> > achievements are automatically listed there (badges, records and
> > contests with placings).
>
> I poked around for a while but never found any of this. *Can you say
> where "contetstant list" is please.
>
> Andy

Never mind, I found it. It is linked to a specific contest so I
suppose if you are not entered in a contest no one can see your info
during that year.

I have been awarded a US diamond according to this record but it is
actually on the UK register.

Nice idea to have the contest history in one place though, even
though mine is not complete. I seem to have lost 2 regionals and they
were ones I placed well. I'd rather the disasters had been lost ;)

Would be nice to have a link to post updates/corrections otherwise
looks great, thanks.

Andy

Andy[_1_]
January 15th 09, 03:33 PM
On Jan 15, 8:15*am, Andy > wrote:

> Nice idea to have *the contest history in one place though, even
> though mine is not complete. *I seem to have lost 2 regionals and they
> were ones I placed well. *I'd rather the disasters had been lost ;)

I should have checked a few more pilots. It looks like everyone's
contest history starts in 2001.

Andy

Tim Hanke
January 15th 09, 05:33 PM
Hi John,

Something you should consider is a paypal account or a direct bank
account link to send the deposit for the pilot. When you don't have
this the Contest Manager still needs to chase pilots for their
deposits.

Tim Hanke
Region 3 Dansville, NY
Contest Registration

Region 3
August 16th thru 22nd
www.flsc.org

On Jan 14, 9:22*pm, wrote:
> The SSA recently upgraded online contest pilot registration. All US
> contest pilots are encouraged use the new online registration this
> season.
>
> There are many advantages to registering online including complete
> entry and waivers using the new 2009 form along with a handy document
> checklist. Plus your information is remembered for future
> registrations. Contest managers will be happy as your entry will show
> up in their email box and the scorer can import online registrations
> directly to scoring software. Keep your Contest Manager happy and
> register online in 2009.
>
> To register online go to the SSA web site (www.ssa.org) under the
> Sailplane Racing > Online Registration menu. You must be logged into
> the SSA web site to register.
>
> Special appreciation to SSA Webmaster Doug Easton for his insightful
> and brilliant work on the web based contest resources and this
> upgrade.
>
> Register online in 2009!
>
> John Seaborn

MickiMinner
January 16th 09, 12:45 AM
On Jan 15, 10:33*am, Tim Hanke > wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> Something you should consider is a paypal account or a direct bank
> account link to send the deposit for the pilot. When you don't have
> this the Contest Manager still needs to chase pilots for their
> deposits.
>
> Tim Hanke
> Region 3 Dansville, NY
> Contest Registration
>
> Region 3
> August 16th thru 22ndwww.flsc.org
>
> On Jan 14, 9:22*pm, wrote:
>

> > The SSA recently upgraded online contest pilot registration. All US
> > contest pilots are encouraged use the new online registration this
> > season.
>
> > There are many advantages to registering online including complete
> > entry and waivers using the new 2009 form along with a handy document
> > checklist. Plus your information is remembered for future
> > registrations. Contest managers will be happy as your entry will show
> > up in their email box and the scorer can import online registrations
> > directly to scoring software. Keep your Contest Manager happy and
> > register online in 2009.
>
> > To register online go to the SSA web site (www.ssa.org) under the
> > Sailplane Racing > Online Registration menu. You must be logged into
> > the SSA web site to register.
>
> > Special appreciation to SSA Webmaster Doug Easton for his insightful
> > and brilliant work on the web based contest resources and this
> > upgrade.
>
> > Register online in 2009!
>
> > John Seaborn- Hide quoted text -

MickiMinner
January 16th 09, 12:49 AM
As a contest manager, I can't tell you how THRILLED I am with the on-
line registration! I just open up my e-mail and there are the
applications...I just click one button, and I have a spreadsheet with
all the information I need at the contest, I just click another button
and I have an e-mail to all the contestants.

I agree, that another step in progress would be paying through the
website...but WOW...there is so much now, I can't believe how good it
is! I really like the fact that I can look at one place to see if the
pilot has the correct badges, and ranking to place in the contest. I
don't have to take anybody's word for it, it automatically fills in.
I also don't have to look at SSA membership cards, because only
members can sign up. I have a contest that is reguarly over-
subscribed (by a LOT)...and if the on-line registration can handle
Parowan, it can handle ANY contest (to quote a famous frostfighter)
I can't thank the team enough for this wonderful software advance on
the SSA website!
Micki Minner
contest manager Parowan Super-Regional 2009
contest manager Logan Region 9 North
contest manager Parowan Sports Nationals 2010

Fred Blair
January 16th 09, 10:23 PM
Micki,
Can you email at , I have a question about
the SSA process.
Fred Blair
Houston, TX
"MickiMinner" > wrote in message
> As a contest manager, I can't tell you how THRILLED I am with the on-
> line registration! I just open up my e-mail and there are the
> applications...I just click one button, and I have a spreadsheet with
> all the information I need at the contest, I just click another button
> and I have an e-mail to all the contestants.
>
> I agree, that another step in progress would be paying through the
> website...but WOW...there is so much now, I can't believe how good it
> is! I really like the fact that I can look at one place to see if the
> pilot has the correct badges, and ranking to place in the contest. I
> don't have to take anybody's word for it, it automatically fills in.
> I also don't have to look at SSA membership cards, because only
> members can sign up. I have a contest that is reguarly over-
> subscribed (by a LOT)...and if the on-line registration can handle
> Parowan, it can handle ANY contest (to quote a famous frostfighter)
> I can't thank the team enough for this wonderful software advance on
> the SSA website!
> Micki Minner
> contest manager Parowan Super-Regional 2009
> contest manager Logan Region 9 North
> contest manager Parowan Sports Nationals 2010

Tuno
January 20th 09, 06:49 PM
A note of caution to SSA members who upload photos from within their
blog page: the default sharing mode is SSA, not your personal blog, so
if you upload personal or family photos like I did, be careful to
select how you want them shared.

2NO (with apologies for boring the masses with family vacation
photos :)

Google