PDA

View Full Version : US Air pilot and gliders

January 16th 09, 01:53 AM
CNN just announced Sully Sullenberger is a glider instructor. Assuming
this is true, may I congratulate him, US Air and perhaps the SSA for
helping produce an incredible landing on the Hudson and no major
injuries.

Seems gliding experience can be of use on occasion to airline pilots,
as Canada's Capt. Pearson found out at Gimli Manitoba (aka: the Gimli
glider) many years back.

Congratulations to Capt. Sullenberger and his crew! I hope has will
take in good humor any promotion to Commodore Sullenberger.

Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe
January 16th 09, 03:01 AM
> wrote in message
> CNN just announced Sully Sullenberger is a glider instructor. Assuming
> this is true, may I congratulate him, US Air and perhaps the SSA for
> helping produce an incredible landing on the Hudson and no major
> injuries.
>
> Seems gliding experience can be of use on occasion to airline pilots,
> as Canada's Capt. Pearson found out at Gimli Manitoba (aka: the Gimli
> glider) many years back.
>
> Congratulations to Capt. Sullenberger and his crew! I hope has will
> take in good humor any promotion to Commodore Sullenberger.

CHESLEY BURNETT SULLENBERGER III

Certificate: AIRLINE TRANSPORT PILOT

Rating(s):
AIRLINE TRANSPORT PILOT
AIRPLANE SINGLE ENGINE LAND
AIRPLANE MULTIENGINE LAND
COMMERCIAL PRIVILEGES
GLIDER

Type Ratings

A/A-320 A/AVR-146 A/B-737 A/BAE-146 A/DC-9
A/LR-JET

Limits

A-320 CIRC. APCH. - VMC ONLY.

Certificate: FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR

Rating(s):
FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR
AIRPLANE SINGLE AND MULTIENGINE
INSTRUMENT AIRPLANE
GLIDER

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com

PMSC Member
January 16th 09, 03:06 AM
I think we just found next year's Convention Keynote Speaker.

Google