PDA

View Full Version : mSeeYou and HP310 (USA)

Tuno
January 21st 09, 12:01 AM
I've e-mailed Naviter for instructions on how to install/run mSeeYou
on the HP 310, but no response yet. If anyone has the secret decoder
ring and can e-mail it to me (or post it here) I would much appreciate
it. (Extracting the mSeeYou SD install to a "2577" folder on the SD
didn't do the trick.)

Once I get that done, I'll post pictures of my hx4705 and hp310
running SeeYou Mobile side by side in the afternoon sun.

~ted/2NO

Darryl Ramm
January 21st 09, 12:06 AM
On Jan 20, 4:01*pm, Tuno > wrote:
> I've e-mailed Naviter for instructions on how to install/run mSeeYou
> on the HP 310, but no response yet. If anyone has the secret decoder
> ring and can e-mail it to me (or post it here) I would much appreciate
> it. (Extracting the mSeeYou SD install to a "2577" folder on the SD
> didn't do the trick.)
>
> Once I get that done, I'll post pictures of my hx4705 and hp310
> running SeeYou Mobile side by side in the afternoon sun.
>
> ~ted/2NO

I think you need the beta release to do this. I think you'll find
they'll ask you to wait for the next update to be released.

Thanks HP for making such an unwanted (in the mainstream) PNA product
just to subsidize us.

Darryl

January 21st 09, 12:39 AM
On Jan 20, 4:06*pm, Darryl Ramm > wrote:
> On Jan 20, 4:01*pm, Tuno > wrote:
>
> > I've e-mailed Naviter for instructions on how to install/run mSeeYou
> > on the HP 310, but no response yet. If anyone has the secret decoder
> > ring and can e-mail it to me (or post it here) I would much appreciate
> > it. (Extracting the mSeeYou SD install to a "2577" folder on the SD
> > didn't do the trick.)
>
> > Once I get that done, I'll post pictures of my hx4705 and hp310
> > running SeeYou Mobile side by side in the afternoon sun.
>
> > ~ted/2NO
>
> I think you need the beta release to do this. I think you'll find
> they'll ask you to wait for the next update to be released.
>
> Thanks HP for making such an unwanted (in the mainstream) PNA product
> just to subsidize us.
>
> Darryl

Someone should hoard these so that there will still be a market for
them once HP stops making them.

:-)

Darryl Ramm
January 21st 09, 12:49 AM
On Jan 20, 4:39*pm, wrote:
> On Jan 20, 4:06*pm, Darryl Ramm > wrote:
>

> > On Jan 20, 4:01*pm, Tuno > wrote:
>
> > > I've e-mailed Naviter for instructions on how to install/run mSeeYou
> > > on the HP 310, but no response yet. If anyone has the secret decoder
> > > ring and can e-mail it to me (or post it here) I would much appreciate
> > > it. (Extracting the mSeeYou SD install to a "2577" folder on the SD
> > > didn't do the trick.)
>
> > > Once I get that done, I'll post pictures of my hx4705 and hp310
> > > running SeeYou Mobile side by side in the afternoon sun.
>
> > > ~ted/2NO
>
> > I think you need the beta release to do this. I think you'll find
> > they'll ask you to wait for the next update to be released.
>
> > Thanks HP for making such an unwanted (in the mainstream) PNA product
> > just to subsidize us.
>
> > Darryl
>
> Someone should hoard these so that there will still be a market for
> them once HP stops making them.
>
> :-)

It's already happening. Enough pilots are acquiring these HP toxic
assets to sustain their price a bit. The iPAQ 310 shows some strange
product decisions for the PNA market, like MP3 music player but no way
to integrate to the car radio (like an FM modulator etc.) and other
weirdness.

Darryl

Tuno
January 21st 09, 02:07 AM
Just as well. The FM modulator in my Garmin 7200 is useless in the two
vehicles I've tried it in. Glad HP skipped on adding that hardware.

Google