PDA

View Full Version : Get out of the Cold and SOAR!

Mike Schumann
January 21st 09, 02:37 AM
The Everglades Soaring Club in Immokalee FL has created a Monthly Membership
category for glider pilots who want to escape the frigid weather up north
and go soaring in balmy SW Florida.

We are located 20 miles east of Ft. Myers and Naples on Florida's gulf
coast. Typical temperatures in January and February range from the mid 70s
to low 80s. Fly down for a couple of weeks and go soaring with us, while
your spouse enjoys our beautiful beaches (or goes soaring with you)!

Our club has a Balanik L-13 and a Schweizer 1-26. The Monthly Membership
fee is $500. 50% of the Monthly Membership fee can be applied to a full
membership if you upgrade within 12 months. The Monthly Membership fee
includes unlimited use of our gliders (club sharing rules apply).

For more information check out our web site:
http://www.evergladessoaring.traditions.com/. Feel free to contact one of
our club officers for more information. We can even provide tips on local
accommodations!

Mike Schumann

Dave Doe
January 21st 09, 03:52 AM
In article >, mike-
says...
> The Everglades Soaring Club in Immokalee FL has created a Monthly Membership
> category for glider pilots who want to escape the frigid weather up north
> and go soaring in balmy SW Florida.
>
> We are located 20 miles east of Ft. Myers and Naples on Florida's gulf
> coast. Typical temperatures in January and February range from the mid 70s
> to low 80s. Fly down for a couple of weeks and go soaring with us, while
> your spouse enjoys our beautiful beaches (or goes soaring with you)!
>
> Our club has a Balanik L-13 and a Schweizer 1-26. The Monthly Membership
> fee is $500. 50% of the Monthly Membership fee can be applied to a full
> membership if you upgrade within 12 months. The Monthly Membership fee
> includes unlimited use of our gliders (club sharing rules apply).
>
> For more information check out our web site:
> http://www.evergladessoaring.traditions.com/. Feel free to contact one of
> our club officers for more information. We can even provide tips on local
> accommodations!

And, FYI, it's currently 22C in Christchurch, and 20C in Omarama :)

http://www.omarama.com/

--
Duncan

BT
January 22nd 09, 04:24 AM
$500 a month??
That's more than our annual membership!!
Interesting.. 1/3 the annual dues for one months (1/12th) dues

"Mike Schumann" > wrote in message
> The Everglades Soaring Club in Immokalee FL has created a Monthly
> Membership category for glider pilots who want to escape the frigid
> weather up north and go soaring in balmy SW Florida.
>
> We are located 20 miles east of Ft. Myers and Naples on Florida's gulf
> coast. Typical temperatures in January and February range from the mid
> 70s to low 80s. Fly down for a couple of weeks and go soaring with us,
> while your spouse enjoys our beautiful beaches (or goes soaring with you)!
>
> Our club has a Balanik L-13 and a Schweizer 1-26. The Monthly Membership
> fee is $500. 50% of the Monthly Membership fee can be applied to a full
> membership if you upgrade within 12 months. The Monthly Membership fee
> includes unlimited use of our gliders (club sharing rules apply).
>
> For more information check out our web site:
> http://www.evergladessoaring.traditions.com/. Feel free to contact one of
> our club officers for more information. We can even provide tips on local
> accommodations!
>
> Mike Schumann

Mike the Strike
January 22nd 09, 05:17 AM
Naples has a freeze warning and red flag alert tonight. I'd hardly
call that balmy!

By the way, we hit a record temperature today of 80 degrees in
Scottsdale. No freeze warnings, no red flags.

No Balaniks either.

Mike

BT
January 22nd 09, 06:03 AM
We were in the 70s on Tues.. high 60s today.. and rain moving in.
We are a little farther north than you.
No Balaniks either.
BT

"Mike the Strike" > wrote in message
> Naples has a freeze warning and red flag alert tonight. I'd hardly
> call that balmy!
>
> By the way, we hit a record temperature today of 80 degrees in
> Scottsdale. No freeze warnings, no red flags.
>
> No Balaniks either.
>
> Mike

Google