PDA

View Full Version : AOPA Article Supporting Glider Training

RN
January 23rd 09, 12:33 PM
AOPA ONLINE has a nice article on the benefits of glider training
based on the recent Hudson River Landing.

http://www.google.com/accounts/RP?c=COGKzJWbgYOk0QEQs_is05uH3Ya_AQ&hl=en

Mike125
January 23rd 09, 01:51 PM
On Jan 23, 7:33*am, RN > wrote:
> AOPA ONLINE has a nice article on the benefits of glider training
> based on the recent Hudson River Landing.
>
> http://www.google.com/accounts/RP?c=COGKzJWbgYOk0QEQs_is05uH3Ya_AQ&hl=en

That link didn't work for me. Try this one:

http://www.aopa.org/training/articles/2009/090122gliders.html

Mike

TonyV[_2_]
January 23rd 09, 02:39 PM
RN wrote:
> AOPA ONLINE has a nice article on the benefits of glider training
> based on the recent Hudson River Landing.
>
> http://www.google.com/accounts/RP?c=COGKzJWbgYOk0QEQs_is05uH3Ya_AQ&hl=en

That link did not work for me. Try this one
http://www.aopa.org/training/articles/2009/090122gliders.html?WT.mc_id=090123epilot&WT.mc_sect=gan

Tony V.

MarkHawke7
January 23rd 09, 03:12 PM
It should be noted that the article was written by the SSA's Publicity
Chairperson, Val Paget. Great Job, Val!!!

-Mark
On Jan 23, 7:39*am, TonyV > wrote:
> RN wrote:
> > AOPA ONLINE has a nice article on the benefits of glider training
> > based on the recent Hudson River Landing.
>
> >http://www.google.com/accounts/RP?c=COGKzJWbgYOk0QEQs_is05uH3Ya_AQ&hl=en
>
> That link did not work for me. Try this onehttp://www.aopa.org/training/articles/2009/090122gliders.html?WT.mc_i...
>
> Tony V.

January 23rd 09, 04:13 PM
Also a nice quote from USAF Captain Danny Sorenson who learned his
glider flying at the Soaring Club of Houston. Ken and Michelle
Sorenson are Danny's proud parents.

DVM

Frank Whiteley
January 23rd 09, 04:35 PM
On Jan 23, 9:13*am, wrote:
> Also a nice quote from USAF Captain Danny Sorenson who learned his
> glider flying at the Soaring Club of Houston. *Ken and Michelle
> Sorenson are Danny's proud parents.
>
> DVM

Flying Magazine 2009 also
http://www.flyingmag.com/piloting/1317/green-wings.html

HoUdino
January 23rd 09, 04:50 PM
Absolutely great! Good timely work!

LT

bildan
January 23rd 09, 09:12 PM
On Jan 23, 9:50*am, HoUdino > wrote:
> Absolutely great! *Good timely work!
>
> LT

Folks, it looks if we may have a small groundswell of interest
developing. Much of this interest will be channeled through the SSA
"where to fly" page.

Please go to the SSA "where to fly" page and look at your
organizations contact information and make sure it is correct.t.

Bill Daniels
SSA Growth and Development Committee Chairman

CLewis95
January 24th 09, 05:11 PM
On Jan 23, 10:35*am, Frank Whiteley > wrote:
> On Jan 23, 9:13*am, wrote:
>
> > Also a nice quote from USAF Captain Danny Sorenson who learned his
> > glider flying at the Soaring Club of Houston. *Ken and Michelle
> > Sorenson are Danny's proud parents.
>
> > DVM
>
> Flying Magazine 2009 also

http://www.flyingmag.com/piloting/1317/green-wings.html

This article (by Jay Hopkins) is the BEST, most comprehensive summary
of our sport, "aimed at the general flying public", that I have ever
seen! VERY WELL DONE!

Curt Lewis - 95
CFIG

January 28th 09, 11:04 PM
FYI, the AOPA article by Val Paget - When Every Second Counts - was
viewed 17,448 times by 16,490 individuals. Average time spent on the
article was 05m05s. A link was provided at the end of the article to
the SSA. It wasn't smart tagged, so there are no counts for click
through to the SSA. Perhaps the SSA webmaster would like to share...

Please note also that Let's Go Flying (letsgofling.com) has a flight
school search tool. This function is used daily by about 350 potential
pilots. Soaring schools are included. Updating this information is
probably as critical as updating the information at SSA.

January 28th 09, 11:07 PM
Typo... the url is http://www.letsgoflying.com

Refresh to see a variety of aircraft types on the landing page.

On Jan 28, 6:04*pm, "
> wrote:
> FYI, the AOPA article by Val Paget - When Every Second Counts - was
> viewed 17,448 times by 16,490 individuals. Average time spent on the
> article was 05m05s. A link was provided at the end of the article to
> the SSA. It wasn't smart tagged, so there are no counts for click
> through to the SSA. Perhaps the SSA webmaster would like to share...
>
> Please note also that Let's Go Flying (letsgofling.com) has a flight
> school search tool. This function is used daily by about 350 potential
> pilots. Soaring schools are included. Updating this information is
> probably as critical as updating the information at SSA.

Google