PDA

View Full Version : surely this engine has uses in aircraft

Stealth Pilot[_2_]
January 26th 09, 11:36 AM
http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2006/06/19/neander-turbo-diesel-motorcycle/

this engine is the 'really interesting combustion engine' in model
engine builder magazine this month.

when I saw this design and it's benefits I thought immediately of a
low vibration aircraft conversion.

this engine has potential.

Stealth Pilot

January 27th 09, 01:00 AM
On Jan 26, 4:36*am, Stealth Pilot >
wrote:
> http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2006/06/19/neander-turbo-diesel-mot...
>
> this engine is the 'really interesting combustion engine' in model
> engine builder magazine this month.
>
> when I saw this design and it's benefits I thought immediately of a
> low vibration aircraft conversion.
>
> this engine has potential.
>
> Stealth Pilot

Probably costs as much as an aircraft engine, too.

Dan

January 27th 09, 01:10 AM
Stealth Pilot wrote:

> when I saw this design and it's benefits I thought immediately of a
> low vibration aircraft conversion.
>
> this engine has potential.

A couple of years ago their website showed, they had the same idea, now,
they just barely mention aircraft.

January 27th 09, 05:08 PM
On Jan 26, 5:00*pm, wrote:
> * *Probably costs as much as an aircraft engine, too.

Since the complete bike has a sticker price of . . . (cymbal crash and
drum roll) . . . $85,000, the engine cost would give me pause.

Rich S.

Stealth Pilot[_2_]
February 1st 09, 02:57 PM
the company advised in an email that it will not consider separate
sale of engines.

Google