PDA

View Full Version : OT -- Cancer Cures

February 8th 09, 03:55 AM
To All:

Yeah, I know... a bit off topic. But I wanted to say 'Thank you' to
those of you who have taken the time to offer tales of unorthodox
treatments and cures, often anonymously (hence the public post).

Some will think I've lost my marbles, digging in to tales of Seaweed
Cures or what-not. And you're right -- most of the tales are just
that. But... I can't help but recall that it wasn't too long ago that
we didn''t know the cause -- nor the cure -- for such things as
malaria, polio or a dozen other diseases. So I give your messages a
fair amount of my time. And wanted you to know that I appreciate the
thought behind the messages, even when sent anonymously.

-R.S.Hoover

PS -- Of the several 'cures' I've been able to verify, the truth is
the person was NOT suffering from cancer. Certainly 'cancer-like' but
not verified. (One appears to have been an advanced case of scurvy
[that is, a Vitamin C deficiency] .) -- rsh

Stealth Pilot[_2_]
February 8th 09, 01:58 PM
On Sat, 7 Feb 2009 19:55:20 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>To All:
>
>Yeah, I know... a bit off topic. But I wanted to say 'Thank you' to
>those of you who have taken the time to offer tales of unorthodox
>treatments and cures, often anonymously (hence the public post).
>
>Some will think I've lost my marbles, digging in to tales of Seaweed
>Cures or what-not. And you're right -- most of the tales are just
>that. But... I can't help but recall that it wasn't too long ago that
>we didn''t know the cause -- nor the cure -- for such things as
>malaria, polio or a dozen other diseases. So I give your messages a
>fair amount of my time. And wanted you to know that I appreciate the
>thought behind the messages, even when sent anonymously.
>
>-R.S.Hoover
>
>PS -- Of the several 'cures' I've been able to verify, the truth is
>the person was NOT suffering from cancer. Certainly 'cancer-like' but
>not verified. (One appears to have been an advanced case of scurvy
>[that is, a Vitamin C deficiency] .) -- rsh

you realise that you put the wind up a few of us here.
missed you from our club med here and were wondering...
Stealth Pilot

since you're back I'll bore you ****less tomorrow with an account of
how your driveway furnace burner should work. :-)

February 8th 09, 06:42 PM
On Feb 8, 5:58*am, Stealth Pilot >
wrote:

> since you're back I'll bore you ****less tomorrow with an account of
> how your driveway furnace burner should work. :-)
>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Stealth,

Then I suggest you do it privately, or -- better still -- post it
where those who are interested may copy/read it at their leisure,
rather than posting it here and possibly interfering with topics which
are more directly related to aviation.

Other reasons for suggesting this is, first off -- my need for
castings has been adequately met in the past using charcoal or
propane, and secondly, I plan to cast only plates, about 4 x 14",
having a suitable draft across the narrow dimension so as to allow
them to be used as fins.

These plates will be machined to match a pair of heads to which they
will then be welded using TIG. I think this method will improve my
odds of success, plus it is a method that matches my present
equipment.

-R.S.Hoover

Stealth Pilot[_2_]
February 9th 09, 07:48 AM
On Sun, 8 Feb 2009 10:42:52 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Feb 8, 5:58*am, Stealth Pilot >
>wrote:
>
>> since you're back I'll bore you ****less tomorrow with an account of
>> how your driveway furnace burner should work. :-)
>>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>Dear Stealth,
>
>Then I suggest you do it privately, or -- better still -- post it
>where those who are interested may copy/read it at their leisure,
>rather than posting it here and possibly interfering with topics which
>are more directly related to aviation.
>
>Other reasons for suggesting this is, first off -- my need for
>castings has been adequately met in the past using charcoal or
>propane, and secondly, I plan to cast only plates, about 4 x 14",
>having a suitable draft across the narrow dimension so as to allow
>them to be used as fins.
>
>These plates will be machined to match a pair of heads to which they
>will then be welded using TIG. I think this method will improve my
>odds of success, plus it is a method that matches my present
>equipment.
>
>-R.S.Hoover

you should still try to learn something new every day :-)

February 10th 09, 03:09 AM
On Feb 8, 11:48*pm, Stealth Pilot >
wrote:
> you should still try to learn something new every day :-)

Dear Stealth,

I couldn't agree with you more!

Vertebroplasty, antineoplaston therapy, Doxycycline, Flexeril, Lyrica,
Dexamethasone, Ativan...

The lexicon of cancer has been variously estimated at between ten
thousand and twenty thousand words. As a school-boy I was taught that
if I used a word (correctly, with regard to pronunciation) just ten
times, it would be mine forever. In a similar vein, if I would simply
WRITE a word (correctly) ten times, thereafter I would be able to
spell it correctly.

Sometimes the old fashioned ways are best. But they do take a fair
amount of time -- hearing a new word causes it to be written
phonetically, which then turns into a search to discover it's proper
spelling and definition, after which the word is written over and over
and over again, usually two sets of five.

It has been nine months since I was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma.
I'm hearing a lot fewer new words. I'm understanding more of what I am
hearing, which allows me to ask questions that make sense. Also,
articles about this form of cancer now make more sense, especially
with regard to the drugs used in its treatment.

I think it's fair to say I'm keeping busy :-)

-Bob

Stealth Pilot[_2_]
February 10th 09, 10:37 AM
On Mon, 9 Feb 2009 19:09:34 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Feb 8, 11:48*pm, Stealth Pilot >
>wrote:
>> you should still try to learn something new every day :-)
>
>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>Dear Stealth,
>
>I couldn't agree with you more!
>
>Vertebroplasty, antineoplaston therapy, Doxycycline, Flexeril, Lyrica,
>Dexamethasone, Ativan...
>
>The lexicon of cancer has been variously estimated at between ten
>thousand and twenty thousand words. As a school-boy I was taught that
>if I used a word (correctly, with regard to pronunciation) just ten
>times, it would be mine forever. In a similar vein, if I would simply
>WRITE a word (correctly) ten times, thereafter I would be able to
>spell it correctly.
>
>Sometimes the old fashioned ways are best. But they do take a fair
>amount of time -- hearing a new word causes it to be written
>phonetically, which then turns into a search to discover it's proper
>spelling and definition, after which the word is written over and over
>and over again, usually two sets of five.
>
>It has been nine months since I was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma.
>I'm hearing a lot fewer new words. I'm understanding more of what I am
>hearing, which allows me to ask questions that make sense. Also,
>articles about this form of cancer now make more sense, especially
>with regard to the drugs used in its treatment.
>
>I think it's fair to say I'm keeping busy :-)
>
>-Bob

you're an inspiration.

Google