PDA

View Full Version : (USA) Region 5 East hosted by Bermuda High Soaring - South Carolina

February 11th 09, 02:25 AM
It is my pleasure to invite you to Bermuda High Glider Field for 6
days of fun or longer if you want to come on in for the practice days
May 30 and 31st. We are hosting the Region 5 East Soaring
Championships June 1st through June 6th 2009. Have a look at your
calendar for the first week of June and come on down or up or over as
the case may be! Bermuda High Soaring is located near the small town
of Jefferson, SC in an area called Flat Creek. This private strip
“SC79” is a site made for soaring, complete with a 4000 foot grass
strip, wide enough to handle any long wings. The clubhouse has
showers for those who like to get back to nature. The terrain is
friendly with airports within gliding distance ….yea I said that,.. as
well as farmland. It will be great to see familiar faces again and
hopefully new ones too. The caliber of volunteers involved in this
contest is second to none. All our contest officials are competition
pilots, so we will give you the best we have to offer to make your
experience an enjoyable one. We have a seasoned group of tow pilots
who have towed prior Nationals and Regionals with 4 Pawnees to tow
you. There will be no water ballast as I would like to see how this
runs without water. Safety is of utmost priority. Classes scored will
be Sports, 18 Meter, and combined Standard/15 meter. ELTs are highly
recommended, but not required. The entry fee is $430, with a $100
deposit due at the time of application. Those of you who have attended
our contest prior, know that the catered dinners are pretty darn good.
I’m hosting this in response to a request from some of the southern
gentlemen sailplane pilots, however, I would like to invite all of you
across the region and beyond..even Canada! The caveat, however is that
there will be a limit of 40 ships. We hope we have that predicament.
We are looking forward to a great week of good soaring. Our last
contest we hosted the first week of June held extraordinary soaring
weather with cloud bases to 6000 feet and above. For general
information www.glider.org and you can sign up on the SSA web site.
Looking forward to some soaring enthusiasm, Warm Regards, Jayne Reid

Google