PDA

View Full Version : Glider Graphic

Uncle Fuzzy
February 11th 09, 09:33 PM
I'm sure I've seen something about this before, but my searching
hasn't turned anything up.
I'm looking for that 36" wide white graphic of a nose-on glider. The
only place I've found it so far is a place that (mostly) sells winches
and stuff for R/C gliders: http://www.theshope.net/store.aspx
I'd really rather support someone in OUR sport, if possible. Also,
one without winglets would be nice.

flying_monkey
February 11th 09, 10:23 PM
On Feb 11, 4:33*pm, Uncle Fuzzy > wrote:
> I'm sure I've seen something about this before, but my searching
> hasn't turned anything up.
> I'm looking for that 36" wide white graphic of a nose-on glider. *The
> only place I've found it so far is a place that (mostly) sells winches
> and stuff for R/C gliders:http://www.theshope.net/store.aspx
> I'd really rather support someone in OUR sport, if possible. *Also,
> one without winglets would be nice.

The one on the back window of my truck is more like 18" wide, and no
winglets. It came from Tom Knauff - http://www.eglider.org. I know
he used to be in and out of stock on these.

Good luck,
Ed

KevinFinke
February 12th 09, 12:21 AM
Have Razor Blade? No more winglets...

Pete Dawson
February 12th 09, 01:15 AM
At 22:23 11 February 2009, flying_monkey wrote:
>On Feb 11, 4:33=A0pm, Uncle Fuzzy wrote:
>> I'm sure I've seen something about this before, but my searching
>> hasn't turned anything up.
>> I'm looking for that 36" wide white graphic of a nose-on glider.
=A0The
>> only place I've found it so far is a place that (mostly) sells
winches
>> and stuff for R/C gliders:http://www.theshope.net/store.aspx
>> I'd really rather support someone in OUR sport, if possible. =A0Also,
>> one without winglets would be nice.
>
>The one on the back window of my truck is more like 18" wide, and no
>winglets. It came from Tom Knauff - http://www.eglider.org. I know
>he used to be in and out of stock on these.
>
>Good luck,
>Ed

I believe that got mine 2 summers ago from Randy Acree while at Parowan. I
don't want to post his contact details but you can find him using the SSA
member locator.
QQ

chipsoars
February 12th 09, 03:25 AM
On Feb 11, 8:15*pm, Pete Dawson >
wrote:
> At 22:23 11 February 2009, flying_monkey wrote:
>

> >On Feb 11, 4:33=A0pm, Uncle Fuzzy *wrote:
> >> I'm sure I've seen something about this before, but my searching
> >> hasn't turned anything up.
> >> I'm looking for that 36" wide white graphic of a nose-on glider.
> =A0The
> >> only place I've found it so far is a place that (mostly) sells
> winches
> >> and stuff for R/C gliders:http://www.theshope.net/store.aspx
> >> I'd really rather support someone in OUR sport, if possible. =A0Also,
> >> one without winglets would be nice.
>
> >The one on the back window of my truck is more like 18" wide, and no
> >winglets. *It came from Tom Knauff -http://www.eglider.org. *I know
> >he used to be in and out of stock on these.
>
> >Good luck,
> >Ed
>
> I believe that got mine 2 summers ago from Randy Acree while at Parowan. I
> don't want to post his contact details but you can find him using the SSA
> member locator.
> QQ- Hide quoted text -

Search Ebay for glider decals Bluff Design Works has many. I haven't
found anyone that knows that the secret handshake.........

Chip F.

Uncle Fuzzy
February 12th 09, 04:18 AM
On Feb 11, 7:25*pm, chipsoars > wrote:
> On Feb 11, 8:15*pm, Pete Dawson >
> wrote:

> > =A0The
> > winches
>
> > >The one on the back window of my truck is more like 18" wide, and no
> > >winglets. *It came from Tom Knauff -http://www.eglider.org. *I know
> > >he used to be in and out of stock on these.
>
> > >Good luck,
> > >Ed
>
> > I believe that got mine 2 summers ago from Randy Acree while at Parowan.. I
> > don't want to post his contact details but you can find him using the SSA
> > member locator.
> > QQ- Hide quoted text -

> Search Ebay for glider decals *Bluff Design Works has many. *I haven't
> found anyone that knows that the secret handshake.........
>
> Chip F.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks,
That's just what I was looking for! Perfect for the rear shell
window of my new-to-me glider tuggin' truck.

bumper
February 12th 09, 04:31 AM
I have 18", 24" and 36" wide glider decals in white or medium gray for sale
locally at Minden, NV (sorry, I do not ship them). I purchase them in
quantity from Bluff Designs at a small discount and sell them for the same
prices Bluff charges. He does a great job and they are the best decals I've
seen so far.

see
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ASW-20-Glider-Decal-Front-View-Sailplane-Pilot-Sticker_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ130010408164QQptZMo torsQ5fAviationQ5fPartsQ5fGear

Unfortunately, shipping from Bluff is almost as much as the smaller decals
cost, at they can't be folded flat. That's the reason I decided to stock
them for local pilots to save them shipping. You can look me up if you're in
Minden to enjoy our spectacular soaring! I hear there's an "soon to be
announced" Wave Camp at "Soaring NV" in early April, with some truly world
class speakers, so you'll have a good excuse to visit here anyway (g).

bumper
PS. I will gladly ship the Quiet Vent kit and MKIII "high tech" yaw strings
satisfaction guaranteed, of course

"chipsoars" > wrote in message
On Feb 11, 8:15 pm, Pete Dawson >
wrote:
> At 22:23 11 February 2009, flying_monkey wrote:
>

> >On Feb 11, 4:33=A0pm, Uncle Fuzzy wrote:
> >> I'm sure I've seen something about this before, but my searching
> >> hasn't turned anything up.
> >> I'm looking for that 36" wide white graphic of a nose-on glider.
> =A0The
> >> only place I've found it so far is a place that (mostly) sells
> winches
> >> and stuff for R/C gliders:http://www.theshope.net/store.aspx
> >> I'd really rather support someone in OUR sport, if possible. =A0Also,
> >> one without winglets would be nice.
>
> >The one on the back window of my truck is more like 18" wide, and no
> >winglets. It came from Tom Knauff -http://www.eglider.org. I know
> >he used to be in and out of stock on these.
>
> >Good luck,
> >Ed
>
> I believe that got mine 2 summers ago from Randy Acree while at Parowan. I
> don't want to post his contact details but you can find him using the SSA
> member locator.
> QQ- Hide quoted text -

Search Ebay for glider decals Bluff Design Works has many. I haven't
found anyone that knows that the secret handshake.........

Chip F.

LOV2AV8
February 12th 09, 06:40 AM
I have a large decal, at least 36" across of me flying my Zuni on the
back window of my truck. Brad of Bluff Designs works with me in
Tucson. He will do some excellent custom work for a small design
fee. I have also gotten several custom T shirts from him for a great
price. We have a Zuni on the front with our racing numbers on it and
a nice 3 view on the back. Billy Hill and George Applebay each have
one if you're in ABQ. I like the black sihlouettes on a gray shirt
the best. I have files showing them but not with me. I'll post if
anyone wants to see them. I'm sure Bluff can send you the file as
well.

Randy "AV8"

Google