PDA

View Full Version : Sand Casting

Errol Groff
February 13th 09, 02:34 AM
The upcoming North American Model Engineering Society Expo in Toledo,
Ohio (April 18 and 19) is going to have a live demonstration of the
sand casting process. I have this from the fellow in charge of
scheduling the seminars although it does not yet show in the schedule.
If you are in the midwest or are interested in all manner of model
engines it is worth the trip!

http://www.modelengineeringsoc.com/

I will try to remember ot post another reminder about the show when
the time is nearer.

Errol Groff

Preston, CT
EAA 60159

John Kimmel[_2_]
February 13th 09, 07:19 AM
Errol Groff wrote:
> The upcoming North American Model Engineering Society Expo in Toledo,
> Ohio (April 18 and 19) is going to have a live demonstration of the
> sand casting process. I have this from the fellow in charge of
> scheduling the seminars although it does not yet show in the schedule.
> If you are in the midwest or are interested in all manner of model
> engines it is worth the trip!
>
> http://www.modelengineeringsoc.com/
>
> I will try to remember ot post another reminder about the show when
> the time is nearer.
>
> Errol Groff
>
> Preston, CT
> EAA 60159

GEARS demonstrates aluminum sand casting every year. They set up a furnace that's nothing more than a stack of bricks and a torch.
http://216.197.127.227/index.html
--
John Kimmel

I think it will be quiet around here now. So long.

Google