PDA

View Full Version : Murphy Renegade Builders?

Steve
February 24th 09, 09:37 PM
Hi Folks,

Been thinking of this kit for quite some time now, and was wondering if
there are any builders or owners here that I could get in contact with?

TIA
Steve

Drew Dalgleish
February 27th 09, 01:52 PM
On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 21:37:54 GMT, Steve > wrote:

>Hi Folks,
>
>Been thinking of this kit for quite some time now, and was wondering if
>there are any builders or owners here that I could get in contact with?
>
>TIA
>Steve

I don't know if Murphy is still producing renegade kits. They were
trying to sell the design a while ago as it doesn't fit with their all
aluminum lineup. Bov Patterson in Toronto is the sales rep that could
help you out and there's a builders group as well.

List administrator:

D.Rizzato[_3_]
February 27th 09, 04:45 PM
I was told the Renegade has been sold and Murphy is getting out of the
business, changing over to building parts for helicopters.
There shop looks like a cemetery and the employees act
like the work for a company that is going down the tube.
You can not get any parts none in stock, all parts have to be ordered
from the suppliers before you get them ( Cash flow permitting -:)

Dan

"Drew Dalgleish" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 21:37:54 GMT, Steve > wrote:
>
>>Hi Folks,
>>
>>Been thinking of this kit for quite some time now, and was wondering if
>>there are any builders or owners here that I could get in contact with?
>>
>>TIA
>>Steve
>
> I don't know if Murphy is still producing renegade kits. They were
> trying to sell the design a while ago as it doesn't fit with their all
> aluminum lineup. Bov Patterson in Toronto is the sales rep that could
> help you out and there's a builders group as well.

> List administrator:

Drew Dalgleish
February 27th 09, 05:55 PM
Murphy has been making certified helicopter parts for many years. They
still make and sell kits but only in batches of 10 or more so some
buyers are waiting a long time to get their kit. Quite a while ago
they stopped reselling parts that they don't make but stuff that they
manufacture is available. I haven't been to the factory lately but
employees are still upbeat on the phone. Besides Van's is there a kit
company that doesn't have to worry about cash flow?

On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 08:45:49 -0800, "D.Rizzato" >
wrote:

>I was told the Renegade has been sold and Murphy is getting out of the
>business, changing over to building parts for helicopters.
>There shop looks like a cemetery and the employees act
>like the work for a company that is going down the tube.
>You can not get any parts none in stock, all parts have to be ordered
>from the suppliers before you get them ( Cash flow permitting -:)
>
>Dan
>

>"Drew Dalgleish" > wrote in message
>> On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 21:37:54 GMT, Steve > wrote:
>>
>>>Hi Folks,
>>>
>>>Been thinking of this kit for quite some time now, and was wondering if
>>>there are any builders or owners here that I could get in contact with?
>>>
>>>TIA
>>>Steve
>>
>> I don't know if Murphy is still producing renegade kits. They were
>> trying to sell the design a while ago as it doesn't fit with their all
>> aluminum lineup. Bov Patterson in Toronto is the sales rep that could
>> help you out and there's a builders group as well.

>> List administrator:

D.Rizzato[_3_]
February 28th 09, 04:30 AM
My last visit was quite an experience, I was told there are only 2 people
left in the company ? But I couldn't find any, only one fellow who was
looking after
the office and he was not very friendly.
Next time I get there I will take some picture of the shop you may have a
fit
I have been to different kit manufacturer including the one in Arlington
Glastar
but I have never seen one so dirty, and unorganized .

Dan

"Drew Dalgleish" > wrote in message
> Murphy has been making certified helicopter parts for many years. They
> still make and sell kits but only in batches of 10 or more so some
> buyers are waiting a long time to get their kit. Quite a while ago
> they stopped reselling parts that they don't make but stuff that they
> manufacture is available. I haven't been to the factory lately but
> employees are still upbeat on the phone. Besides Van's is there a kit
> company that doesn't have to worry about cash flow?
>
> On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 08:45:49 -0800, "D.Rizzato" >
> wrote:
>
>>I was told the Renegade has been sold and Murphy is getting out of the
>>business, changing over to building parts for helicopters.
>>There shop looks like a cemetery and the employees act
>>like the work for a company that is going down the tube.
>>You can not get any parts none in stock, all parts have to be ordered
>>from the suppliers before you get them ( Cash flow permitting -:)
>>
>>Dan

>>> I don't know if Murphy is still producing renegade kits. They were
>>> trying to sell the design a while ago as it doesn't fit with their all
>>> aluminum lineup. Bov Patterson in Toronto is the sales rep that could
>>> help you out and there's a builders group as well.

>>> List administrator:

March 27th 09, 02:18 AM
On Feb 24, 5:37*pm, Steve > wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> Been thinking of this kit for quite some time now, and was wondering if
> there are any builders or owners here that I could get in contact with?
>
> TIA
> Steve

Hey Steve
Ii just bought a Renegade that is in the process of a ' ground-up'
restoration.
It is a 20 year old plane that sat at a tie-down for at least 15
years.... it was a "Roach' thanks to its aluminium tubing structure,
it has been Completely stripped down to the Zinc chromate and every
inch will be inspected, cleaned, reconditioned and recovered and
painted. it will be a "AS NEW" plane with a brand new engine when
done. at minimum expense ( except for the engine upgrade....)
I'm in So. jersey....where do you hail from ?

Steve
March 27th 09, 04:50 PM
Hi,

> Ii just bought a Renegade that is in the process of a ' ground-up'
> restoration.

I'm jealous.

> It is a 20 year old plane that sat at a tie-down for at least 15
> years.... it was a "Roach' thanks to its aluminium tubing structure,
> it has been Completely stripped down to the Zinc chromate and every
> inch will be inspected, cleaned, reconditioned and recovered and
> painted. it will be a "AS NEW" plane with a brand new engine when
> done. at minimum expense ( except for the engine upgrade....)

Pics?

> I'm in So. jersey....where do you hail from ?

I'm in Victoria, BC. Just a stones throw from the factory :) Still
haven't gone for a tour though, not much to see these days I'm told :(

I've just touched base with a "local" who now has two for sale. He'll be
keeping whichever one doesn't sell. Once the weather gets a tad better
around here, I'm going to head off his direction and look at both of
them. One's in flying condition, he uses it frequently, but has a small
engine in it. The second one he just scooped is engineless, but is all
configured for a 912 which is what I want. It has only a few hours on
the airfame, been parked for years waiting for an engine.

Steve

Google