PDA

View Full Version : Tom Cooper and O'Ring...regarding Badwater Bill...

John Ammeter
March 14th 09, 03:44 AM
I've got news for both of you plus anyone that is/was friends with
Badwater Bill Phillips..

I tried to send Tommy an email but it bounced and I can't find O'Ring's
address in my email folder...

The Memorial Service for Billy will be held (at least, this is when it's
planned for so far...) on April 18th in Las Vegas. This is the same day
of the month that the accident happened that claimed Bill Phillips life
and severely injured his wife, Janice.

She has now made it out of the hospital and back home. Still recovering
from the major injuries she suffered in the accident.

Janice has shown her true courage in the recovery she has from her
injuries... Billy really picked a strong woman to marry...

I'm planning on coming down for that service. That's the very least I
can do for my best friend.... Bill could be a real asshole at times but
he was my kind of asshole...

He was also the kind of man that would do anything for his friends
without any question... I loved him like a brother... maybe better than
my actual brothers...

I'll miss him.. I'll miss being able to call him on the phone simply to
talk.. nothing serious.. just do a bit of bull****ting between friends...

John

John Ammeter
March 14th 09, 03:45 AM
remove the 123 from my address to reply

John

John Ammeter wrote:
> I've got news for both of you plus anyone that is/was friends with
> Badwater Bill Phillips..
>
> I tried to send Tommy an email but it bounced and I can't find O'Ring's
> address in my email folder...
>
> The Memorial Service for Billy will be held (at least, this is when it's
> planned for so far...) on April 18th in Las Vegas. This is the same day
> of the month that the accident happened that claimed Bill Phillips life
> and severely injured his wife, Janice.
>
> She has now made it out of the hospital and back home. Still recovering
> from the major injuries she suffered in the accident.
>
> Janice has shown her true courage in the recovery she has from her
> injuries... Billy really picked a strong woman to marry...
>
> I'm planning on coming down for that service. That's the very least I
> can do for my best friend.... Bill could be a real asshole at times but
> he was my kind of asshole...
>
> He was also the kind of man that would do anything for his friends
> without any question... I loved him like a brother... maybe better than
> my actual brothers...
>
> I'll miss him.. I'll miss being able to call him on the phone simply to
> talk.. nothing serious.. just do a bit of bull****ting between friends...
>
> John

Ed
March 17th 09, 02:32 AM
On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 20:44:09 -0700, John Ammeter
> wrote:

>I'll miss him.. I'll miss being able to call him on the phone simply to
>talk.. nothing serious.. just do a bit of bull****ting between friends...
>
>John

John, I called O-Ring, he will be there. Where will it be held? His
phone number is 559 891-1496.

Ed Sullivan

John Ammeter
March 17th 09, 06:53 AM
I've been in touch with O'ring. Janice will give more details such as
what time and where later when she firms up the details. I'll let
O'ring know and, probably, post it on RAH as well.

I'll be picking up Oyster on the way south.

We'll be staying at the Texas Station Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.

Tom Cooper has put in for vacation that day, too.

John

Ed wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 20:44:09 -0700, John Ammeter
> > wrote:
>

>> I'll miss him.. I'll miss being able to call him on the phone simply to
>> talk.. nothing serious.. just do a bit of bull****ting between friends...
>>
>> John
>
> John, I called O-Ring, he will be there. Where will it be held? His
> phone number is 559 891-1496.
>

> Ed Sullivan

John Ousterhout[_2_]
March 20th 09, 08:03 PM
Ed wrote:

> I called O-Ring, he will be there. Where will it be held?
>

> Ed Sullivan

Ed, I thought you were dead.

- John (OMG! I'm channeling BWB)

jl
March 22nd 09, 03:23 AM
On Mar 13, 11:44*pm, John Ammeter >
wrote:
> I've got news for both of you plus anyone that is/was friends with
> Badwater Bill Phillips..
>
> I tried to send Tommy an email but it bounced and I can't find O'Ring's
> address in my email folder...
>
> The Memorial Service for Billy will be held (at least, this is when it's
> planned for so far...) on April 18th in Las Vegas. *This is the same day
> of the month that the accident happened that claimed Bill Phillips life
> and severely injured his wife, Janice.
>
> She has now made it out of the hospital and back home. *Still recovering
> from the major injuries she suffered in the accident.
>
> Janice has shown her true courage in the recovery she has from her
> injuries... *Billy really picked a strong woman to marry...
>
> I'm planning on coming down for that service. *That's the very least I
> can do for my best friend.... *Bill could be a real asshole at times but
> he was my kind of asshole...
>
> He was also the kind of man that would do anything for his friends
> without any question... *I loved him like a brother... maybe better than
> my actual brothers...
>
> I'll miss him.. I'll miss being able to call him on the phone simply to
> talk.. nothing serious.. just do a bit of bull****ting between friends...
>
> John

Very sad to hear. The man was a brain and an ego and a great
storyteller and just the most fascinating character that ever posted
here. I always liked him and enjoyed his narratives, and I'm sorry I
never met him. He could be irritating at times, but he never failed
to blast away or articulate, with his unique and very readable style
of writing, a fascinating post or express the strongest opinion.
Farewell, young flyer, farewell!

Larry Smith
WNC

Google