Whose flag is that on her rudder?
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO

Robert Moore
March 15th 09, 02:08 PM
"Andrew Chaplin" wrote

> Whose flag is that on her rudder?

Probably Columbia. Back in the late '70s while on furlough from
PanAm, I flew a couple of nonsked cargo charters for Tampa Columbia
between Miami and Bogota. I was pretty much forced to take a
Columbian copilot in the B-707 that Tampa was planning to purchase
from George Batchelor's "International Air Leases-BatchAir-Arrow Air"
group of businesses. He would later (as a Tampa PIC) crash that same
aircraft on approach to the Bogota Airport.

It was interesting to see the picture of the Arrow DC-8. In 1980,
when Batchelor resurrected the dormant Arrow Air certificate using
the fleet of B-707s that he had purchased from Singapore Airlines, I
was drafted to become the first Chief Pilot.

Nope!....I was gone long before the Gander DC-8 crash, a friend of
mine, also on furlough from PanAm.

Bob Moore

Google