PDA

View Full Version : Captain Zoom tests Flying Car

April 1st 09, 06:14 AM
Terrafugia's Flying Car Proves Itself in the Air according to test
Pilot.

Jim "Captain Zoom" Campbell successully completed Terrafugia's second
flight today.

Despite the predictions of a whole number of nay-sayers, I was
successful," said Campbell. "The handling characteristics were great,
with delightful control harmony and minimal phugoid oscillations.

Campbell continued "After a few trips around the patch, I explored the
edges of the envelope by doing a few snap rolls, and spinning and
loooping it."

Following the flight, Campbell demonstrated the versatility of the
Terrafugia by driving to Starbucks for a Latte, then cruising Main
attempting - unsuccessfully - to pick up women. Back at the airport he
announced "Now that I've got a couple hundred hours in the Flying Car
I've arranged to test the Flying Pickup Truck and the Flying Sport
Utility Vehicle."

Longtime Zoom observer Shczk Crzshlrsczrk commented "I think that for
the past ten years Zoom has logged most of his time with Flying
Toasters."

Dan[_12_]
April 1st 09, 06:20 AM
wrote:
> Terrafugia's Flying Car Proves Itself in the Air according to test
> Pilot.
>
> Jim "Captain Zoom" Campbell successully completed Terrafugia's second
> flight today.
>
> Despite the predictions of a whole number of nay-sayers, I was
> successful," said Campbell. "The handling characteristics were great,
> with delightful control harmony and minimal phugoid oscillations.
>
> Campbell continued "After a few trips around the patch, I explored the
> edges of the envelope by doing a few snap rolls, and spinning and
> loooping it."
>
> Following the flight, Campbell demonstrated the versatility of the
> Terrafugia by driving to Starbucks for a Latte, then cruising Main
> attempting - unsuccessfully - to pick up women. Back at the airport he
> announced "Now that I've got a couple hundred hours in the Flying Car
> I've arranged to test the Flying Pickup Truck and the Flying Sport
> Utility Vehicle."
>
> Longtime Zoom observer Shczk Crzshlrsczrk commented "I think that for
> the past ten years Zoom has logged most of his time with Flying
> Toasters."

1 April has struck again.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Harry K
April 1st 09, 03:06 PM
On Mar 31, 10:20*pm, Dan > wrote:
> wrote:
> > Terrafugia's Flying Car Proves Itself in the Air according to test
> > Pilot.
>
> > Jim "Captain Zoom" Campbell successully completed Terrafugia's second
> > flight today.
>
> > Despite the predictions of a whole number of nay-sayers, I was
> > successful," said Campbell. "The handling characteristics were great,
> > with delightful control harmony and minimal phugoid oscillations.
>
> > Campbell continued "After a few trips around the patch, I explored the
> > edges of the envelope by doing a few snap rolls, and spinning and
> > loooping it."
>
> > Following the flight, Campbell demonstrated the versatility of the
> > Terrafugia by driving to Starbucks for a Latte, then cruising Main
> > attempting - unsuccessfully - to pick up women. Back at the airport he
> > announced "Now that I've got a couple hundred hours in the Flying Car
> > I've arranged to test the Flying Pickup Truck and the Flying Sport
> > Utility Vehicle."
>
> > Longtime Zoom observer Shczk Crzshlrsczrk commented "I think that for
> > the past ten years Zoom has logged most of his time with Flying
> > Toasters."
>
> * *1 April has struck again.
>
> Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired- Hide quoted text -

And I don't think it is a reall April fool when it is a repost of one
of his "test flight" reports with only minor changes.

Harry K

BobR
April 1st 09, 03:56 PM
On Apr 1, 12:14*am, wrote:
> Terrafugia's Flying Car Proves Itself in the Air according to test
> Pilot.
>
> Jim "Captain Zoom" Campbell successully completed Terrafugia's second
> flight today.
>
> Despite the predictions of a whole number of nay-sayers, I was
> successful," said Campbell. "The handling characteristics were great,
> with delightful control harmony and minimal phugoid oscillations.
>
> Campbell continued "After a few trips around the patch, I explored the
> edges of the envelope by doing a few snap rolls, and spinning and
> loooping it."
>
> Following the flight, Campbell demonstrated the versatility of the
> Terrafugia by driving to Starbucks for a Latte, then cruising Main
> attempting - unsuccessfully - to pick up women. Back at the airport he
> announced "Now that I've got a couple hundred hours in the Flying Car
> I've arranged to test the Flying Pickup Truck and the Flying Sport
> Utility Vehicle."
>
> Longtime Zoom observer Shczk Crzshlrsczrk commented "I think that for
> the past ten years Zoom has logged most of his time with Flying
> Toasters."

WHAT? I thought his latest was the flying lawn mower, I hadn't heard
about the flying toaster. Did he do a pop-up stall with it?

Google