PDA

View Full Version : I wonder what the SNF turnout will be like?

rich[_2_]
April 17th 09, 12:46 AM
I almost hate to spend the money to make the trip if the turnout is
going to be really light. Last year I thought the homebuilt turnout
was pretty small. SNF has done a lot of this to themselves. Ever since
they tried to make it into a money making event more than anything
else, and their split from the EAA, plus the $30 a day admission.
The reasons start to add up not to even go, and go to OSH instead,
even if it is a bit further away.

April 17th 09, 01:49 PM
Well, we exhibited for a long time but the numbers dropped off every
year. Now we only go to Osh and Sebring, besides the idiots at SNF are
just strange. They even damaged my car one year because they wouldn't
let me out on the last day even when i showed them my ticket for an
international flight later in the day. The exhibitors office wouldn't
help and in the end i had to call the police and get them to let me out
because i was being 'unlawfully detained' by the organisers. Needless
to say, that was my LAST visit.

rich wrote:
> I almost hate to spend the money to make the trip if the turnout is
> going to be really light. Last year I thought the homebuilt turnout
> was pretty small. SNF has done a lot of this to themselves. Ever since
> they tried to make it into a money making event more than anything
> else, and their split from the EAA, plus the $30 a day admission.
> The reasons start to add up not to even go, and go to OSH instead,
> even if it is a bit further away.

rich[_2_]
April 17th 09, 02:12 PM
Sounds typical of their behavior. If you can believe anything Zoom
writes, he says the organisers of SNF have asked for stimulus money.
If that's true, they must be forecasting a light turnout. But then
again, that's what Zoomer says. Which is always questionable.
Especailly when disucssing SNF, his arch enemy.

On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 12:49:46 GMT, wrote:

>Well, we exhibited for a long time but the numbers dropped off every
>year. Now we only go to Osh and Sebring, besides the idiots at SNF are
>just strange. They even damaged my car one year because they wouldn't
>let me out on the last day even when i showed them my ticket for an
>international flight later in the day. The exhibitors office wouldn't
>help and in the end i had to call the police and get them to let me out
>because i was being 'unlawfully detained' by the organisers. Needless
>to say, that was my LAST visit.
>

>rich wrote:
>> I almost hate to spend the money to make the trip if the turnout is
>> going to be really light. Last year I thought the homebuilt turnout
>> was pretty small. SNF has done a lot of this to themselves. Ever since
>> they tried to make it into a money making event more than anything
>> else, and their split from the EAA, plus the $30 a day admission.
>> The reasons start to add up not to even go, and go to OSH instead,
>> even if it is a bit further away.

WestCDA
April 19th 09, 05:36 AM
I don't know what the turnout will be like, but I'm going to take in a day's
worth. According to their site they'll have most of the major players
there for exhibitors, and when I was there a couple years ago they had a
pretty good homebuilt presence. I'd still rather spend a day wandering
amongst airplanes and airplane related 'stuff' than most other activities.

BTW, I'm traveling (commercially) from western Canada. I'll be in Florida
for a week or so, but one full day of SNF is just about right.

"rich" > wrote in message
>I almost hate to spend the money to make the trip if the turnout is
> going to be really light. Last year I thought the homebuilt turnout
> was pretty small. SNF has done a lot of this to themselves. Ever since
> they tried to make it into a money making event more than anything
> else, and their split from the EAA, plus the $30 a day admission.
> The reasons start to add up not to even go, and go to OSH instead,
> even if it is a bit further away.

Google