PDA

View Full Version : 6lb 50A alternator

Philippe[_2_]
May 8th 09, 08:22 AM
Hello,

Is someone knows this alternator?

http://www.ecae.com/alt1.html
part number 2025 or 2026

2lb more heavy than kubota but 50A vs 15A....

Any comments?
Other source cheaper?

thanks
--
« Si tous les počtes voulaient se donner la main, ils toucheraient enfin
des doigts d'auteur! »

et
May 8th 09, 02:56 PM
On May 8, 12:22*am, Philippe > wrote:
> Hello,
>
> * *Is someone knows this alternator?
>
> http://www.ecae.com/alt1.html
> part number 2025 or 2026
>
> * 2lb more heavy than kubota but 50A vs 15A....
>
> Any comments?
> Other source cheaper?
>
> thanks
> --
> « Si tous les počtes voulaient se donner la main, ils toucheraient enfin
> des doigts d'auteur! »
> * * Philippe Vessaire *ŇżÓ¬

I bought a small single wire 50A from greatplainsas.com for less than
$100. Seems to work well.

Ed

Anthony W
May 8th 09, 03:49 PM
This one is 60 amps and about $125 I'd have to get back to you on the
weight but I think it's 5 or 6 pounds and a 1 wire connect...
http://www.oregonmotorcycleparts.com/images/alt2s.JPG

Tony

Philippe wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is someone knows this alternator?
>

> http://www.ecae.com/alt1.html
> part number 2025 or 2026
>
> 2lb more heavy than kubota but 50A vs 15A....
>
> Any comments?
> Other source cheaper?
>

> thanks

Anthony W
May 8th 09, 08:40 PM
I made a mistake, that's a 45 amp alternator and it sells for $120.

Tony

Anthony W wrote:
> This one is 60 amps and about $125 I'd have to get back to you on the
> weight but I think it's 5 or 6 pounds and a 1 wire connect...
> http://www.oregonmotorcycleparts.com/images/alt2s.JPG
>
> Tony
>
> Philippe wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Is someone knows this alternator?
>>

>> http://www.ecae.com/alt1.html
>> part number 2025 or 2026
>>
>> 2lb more heavy than kubota but 50A vs 15A....
>>
>> Any comments?
>> Other source cheaper?
>>

>> thanks

jerry wass
May 9th 09, 08:14 PM
Philippe wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is someone knows this alternator?
>

> http://www.ecae.com/alt1.html
> part number 2025 or 2026
>
> 2lb more heavy than kubota but 50A vs 15A....
>
> Any comments?
> Other source cheaper?
>

> thanks

Yes, I know that alternator--I have one just like it--except it comes
with a multi-groove pulley from the junk yard-(easy to swap pullys )
It's made by Nippondenso. several Japanese cars use them.

A good junk yard or alternator/starter rebuilder should be able to fix
you up with a used-(checked out on machine) or rebuilt one.

see if they can cut off the vehicle plug end for you while they're at it

If I recall correctly there's only a sensor wire that goes direct to
batt, and an activator that goes to Ign. Switch,

Make certain you get new brushes & bearings--The engine you're going to
put it on is going to shake the s**t out of it.

jerry wass
May 9th 09, 08:17 PM
Philippe wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is someone knows this alternator?
>

> http://www.ecae.com/alt1.html
> part number 2025 or 2026
>
> 2lb more heavy than kubota but 50A vs 15A....
>
> Any comments?
> Other source cheaper?
>

> thanks

Since you're in France, you'd be better off finding one there.

Charlie[_2_]
May 10th 09, 02:37 AM
Philippe wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is someone knows this alternator?
>

> http://www.ecae.com/alt1.html
> part number 2025 or 2026
>
> 2lb more heavy than kubota but 50A vs 15A....
>
> Any comments?
> Other source cheaper?
>

> thanks
Search Ebay for 'suzuki samuri alternator' & you'll find dozens, if
you're not in a big hurry. Late '80s to early '90s models. There are 7
on there right now.

A favorite of RV builders.

Be aware that with the one-wire alternators, there's typically no way to
shut them down if the internal regulator fails. If you don't have
over-voltage protection, you can cook your avionics.

I'm not telling you not to use it (I'm flying a similar model); just be
aware of the issues.

Lots of discussion on RV-x forums and on the aeroelectric list.

http://aeroelectric.com/consulting.html

It's actually an email list; use the link above to sign up. There's also
an archive search engine for the list available at Matronics.com.

Charlie

abripl[_2_]
May 10th 09, 09:03 AM
They sell those on eBay too. In 2004 when doing my 40hour phase 1 test
I had a couple of those mini alternators. One worked intermittently
and the second "replacement" one fried on me. Then I got a larger 60A
one from Vans Aircraft parts and it has been working so far.

On May 8, 2:22 am, Philippe > wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is someone knows this alternator?
>
> http://www.ecae.com/alt1.html
> part number 2025 or 2026
>
> 2lb more heavy than kubota but 50A vs 15A....
>
> Any comments?
> Other source cheaper?
>
> thanks
> --
> « Si tous les počtes voulaient se donner la main, ils toucheraient enfin
> des doigts d'auteur! »
> Philippe Vessaire ŇżÓ¬

Google