PDA

View Full Version : At The Movies, concluded - Von Richtofen and Brown.jpg (1/1)

Mitchell Holman[_4_]
May 15th 09, 01:59 AM

Neil Hoskins
May 15th 09, 04:57 PM
Not one that I know. The Red Baron was actually shot down by an Aussie
machine gunner on the ground. I suppose everybody already knew that.

"Mitchell Holman" > wrote in message
. 130...

arjay
May 15th 09, 07:58 PM
"Neil Hoskins" > wrote in message
> Not one that I know. The Red Baron was actually shot down by an Aussie
> machine gunner on the ground. I suppose everybody already knew that.

Not when the flick was made, they didn't.
The film dates 1971, well before the trajectories of the Aussie AA gunners
were calculated.
See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Von_Richthofen_and_Brown for other errors
in the film.

> "Mitchell Holman" > wrote in message
> . 130...

Mitchell Holman[_4_]
May 15th 09, 11:07 PM
"Neil Hoskins" > wrote in
:

> Not one that I know. The Red Baron was actually shot down by an Aussie
> machine gunner on the ground. I suppose everybody already knew that.

Only in hindsight.

It is one of the better WWI flying movies, IMHO.

Google