PDA

View Full Version : REPORT UNWANTED POSTINGS ON R.A.S.

rhwoody
May 26th 09, 06:17 PM
HERE IS A BETTER WAY TO "REPORT" UNWANTED POSTINGS ON R.A.S. -

To report a Message:

1. Go to the message you want to report
2. Click on "More options" on the top-right of the message
3. Click on "Report this message"
4. Fill in the contact form

Andreas Maurer
May 26th 09, 09:42 PM
On Tue, 26 May 2009 10:17:46 -0700 (PDT), rhwoody
> wrote:

>To report a Message:
>
> 1. Go to the message you want to report
> 2. Click on "More options" on the top-right of the message
> 3. Click on "Report this message"

rec.aviation.soaring is usenet.
Usenet is being dealt with by using a newsreader.

Neither of the above mentioned options is available in any newsreader,
therefore using one of these is only going to report the message in
question to some 3rd party guy who doesn't have the slightest
competence to do anything about it.

Bye
Andreas

Dave Doe
May 27th 09, 04:34 AM
In article <c4b829fa-91b4-4496-8a7b-
>, says...
> HERE IS A BETTER WAY TO "REPORT" UNWANTED POSTINGS ON R.A.S. -
>
> To report a Message:
>
> 1. Go to the message you want to report
> 2. Click on "More options" on the top-right of the message
> 3. Click on "Report this message"
> 4. Fill in the contact form

As Andreas says, it depends on how one accesses usenet. For me, using
Microplanet Gravity, you press the 'H' key, and see the header info.

The best bet is to simply ignore the the spammers and trolls. If you
have the time and patience to report them, please do so :)

One thing you should not do, is reply to their posts.

fly safe...
--
Duncan

Google