PDA

View Full Version : RevMaster rod bolt torque spec

Perri Bachini
June 20th 09, 01:12 AM
I recently bought a set of RevMaster VW I beam rods, they have 3/8 black rod bolts with no name on them. I forgot what the torque spec was and called RevMaster today but Joe was gone until Monday. Does anyone know what the torque spec is. I searched the posts and found no info and also searched RevMasters web site and only the ARP bolt torque was listed for Honda/Accura engines. Thanks in advance
Perri

flybynightkarmarepair
June 20th 09, 02:39 AM
On Jun 19, 5:12*pm, Perri Bachini <Perri.Bachini.
> wrote:
> I recently bought a set of RevMaster VW I beam rods, they have 3/8 black
> rod bolts with no name on them. I forgot what the torque spec was and
> called RevMaster today but Joe was gone until Monday. Does anyone know
> what the torque spec is. I searched the posts and found no info and
> also searched RevMasters web site and only the ARP bolt torque was
> listed for Honda/Accura engines. Thanks in advance
> Perri
>
> --
> Perri Bachini

Try posting an inquiry on http://shoptalkforums.com
Those rods are probably generic ChinCom HiPo stuff, same thing all the
vendors are selling.
Is this the final assembly of this engine, or just the first "dry"
test assembly? If it's just a preliminary assembly to check
clearances, just use the manual rod bolt torque for stock rods, and
you should be good. In our slow speed engines, that MIGHT be good
enough for final, but IF those rod bolts are higher than stock
strength, you won't see any benefit from them unless you stretch them
to spec.

Perri Bachini
June 26th 09, 01:37 AM
wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the reply. I talked to Joe at RevMaster and got the specs. He has them made to his specifications.

Google