PDA

View Full Version : A scan of an old slide - TSR2

Andrew B
July 1st 09, 10:53 AM
I think this was RAF Finningley in the late 60's or early 70's.
--
Andrew B (Cheshire, England)

"Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible."
(Lord Kelvin, president Royal Society, 1895.)

Alan Dicey
July 1st 09, 02:00 PM
Andrew B wrote:
> I think this was RAF Finningley in the late 60's or early 70's.

That looks like the condition the Duxford example was in when I first
saw it, in 1982.

Thunder and Lightnings says that XR222 went to Cranfield and then Duxford.
http://www.thunder-and-lightnings.co.uk/tsr2/survivor.php?id=2

XR220 stayed at Boscombe, then went to Henlow and finally to Cosford
http://www.thunder-and-lightnings.co.uk/tsr2/survivor.php?id=1

Andrew B
July 1st 09, 04:54 PM
"Alan Dicey" > wrote in message
o.uk...
> Andrew B wrote:
>> I think this was RAF Finningley in the late 60's or early 70's.
>>

> That looks like the condition the Duxford example was in when I first
> saw it, in 1982.
>

> Thunder and Lightnings says that XR222 went to Cranfield and then Duxford.
> http://www.thunder-and-lightnings.co.uk/tsr2/survivor.php?id=2
>
> XR220 stayed at Boscombe, then went to Henlow and finally to Cosford
> http://www.thunder-and-lightnings.co.uk/tsr2/survivor.php?id=1

Alan, I never managed a photo showing the full aircraft outside.
Would you mind if I saved your pictures purely for my personal viewing.

--
Andrew B (Cheshire, England)

"Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible."
(Lord Kelvin, president Royal Society, 1895.)

Alan Dicey
July 1st 09, 10:19 PM
Andrew B wrote:
> "Alan Dicey" > wrote in message
> o.uk...
>> Andrew B wrote:
>>> I think this was RAF Finningley in the late 60's or early 70's.
>>>
>> That looks like the condition the Duxford example was in when I first
>> saw it, in 1982.
>>

>> Thunder and Lightnings says that XR222 went to Cranfield and then Duxford.
>> http://www.thunder-and-lightnings.co.uk/tsr2/survivor.php?id=2
>>
>> XR220 stayed at Boscombe, then went to Henlow and finally to Cosford
>> http://www.thunder-and-lightnings.co.uk/tsr2/survivor.php?id=1
>>

> Alan, I never managed a photo showing the full aircraft outside.
> Would you mind if I saved your pictures purely for my personal viewing.

Andrew, what I have posted are reductions from the original scans of my
slides, which are tiffs and about 20MB each. Send me mail with your
addy and I'll arrange to get you some better images, depending on what
your email provider will allow. Mine will let me send 100MB
attachments, which is about a 70MB image after allowing for the UUencode
overhead.

XR222 looks a lot better now after restoration.

Andrew B
July 1st 09, 11:17 PM
"Alan Dicey" > wrote in message
> Andrew B wrote:
>> "Alan Dicey" > wrote in message
>> o.uk...
>>>>
>>> That looks like the condition the Duxford example was in when I first
>>> saw it, in 1982.
>>>

>>> Thunder and Lightnings says that XR222 went to Cranfield and then
>>> Duxford.
>>> http://www.thunder-and-lightnings.co.uk/tsr2/survivor.php?id=2
>>>
>>> XR220 stayed at Boscombe, then went to Henlow and finally to Cosford
>>> http://www.thunder-and-lightnings.co.uk/tsr2/survivor.php?id=1
>>>

>> Alan, I never managed a photo showing the full aircraft outside.
>> Would you mind if I saved your pictures purely for my personal viewing.
>>

> Andrew, what I have posted are reductions from the original scans of my
> slides, which are tiffs and about 20MB each. Send me mail with your addy
> and I'll arrange to get you some better images, depending on what your
> email provider will allow. Mine will let me send 100MB attachments, which
> is about a 70MB image after allowing for the UUencode overhead.
>
> XR222 looks a lot better now after restoration.

Alan, many thanks for your kind offer, my email is correct once the 'spam'
is removed but I have sent you an email to be sure.

--
Andrew B (Cheshire, England)

"Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible."
(Lord Kelvin, president Royal Society, 1895.)

none
July 2nd 09, 11:14 PM
On Wed, 01 Jul 2009 22:19:02 +0100, Alan Dicey wrote:

> Andrew, what I have posted are reductions from the original scans of my
> slides, which are tiffs and about 20MB each. Send me mail with your
> addy and I'll arrange to get you some better images, depending on what
> your email provider will allow. Mine will let me send 100MB
> attachments, which is about a 70MB image after allowing for the UUencode
> overhead.
>
> XR222 looks a lot better now after restoration.

How about doing a multi-part post to the group?

Google