PDA

View Full Version : America's Only Fly-In Pool Party is 7/25/09 -- You're invited!

Jay Honeck[_2_]
July 1st 09, 05:44 PM
We're just a few weeks away from America's only fly-in pool party at our
aviation themed hotel, the Alexis Park Inn & Suites! We're located right
next to Rwy 25 in Iowa City, IA (KIOW).

Here is your official invitation:
http://www.alexisparkinn.com/iowa_city_pool_party.htm

Heading to OSH from the West? Don't do the FISK approach at the end of a
long x-country flight -- instead spend the night with fellow pilots, enjoy a
free cookout at poolside, and join us the next morning as we all fly into
OSH together! Iowa City is located just 90 minutes SW of Ripon, which means
you'll arrive in the world's busiest airspace fresh and (more importantly)
with people who have flown the approach many times.

Have you studied the NOTAM yet? If so, you'll know that you have to fly up
the railroad tracks from Ripon, after falling in trail behind the guy ahead
of you. This can be tricky, with planes converging on Ripon from all compass
points -- UNLESS you're already on the proper heading. Flying in from Iowa
City puts you precisely on the heading required, so no turns are required at
Ripon. It is quite literally a "straight shot" from Iowa City to Oshkosh!

Most of us camp in the North 40 at OSH, and one huge advantage to flying in
together as a group is that we all get parked near one another. You will
have the advantage of camping next to folks you already know, which makes
the week at OSH even more fun! (Remember, we do a Wednesday night party at
our site in the North 40, too, so you'll be close to the beer!)

This will be our 27th consecutive Oshkosh Fly In. We've thrown the pool
party for seven years (we bought the hotel in 2002, and spent the last seven
years converting each suite to a different aviation theme), and it's our way
of saying "Thanks!" to the pilot community for another great year! Whether
you spend the night, or just make Iowa City a fuel stop on your way to OSH,
be sure to join us at the Alexis Park Inn & Suites hotel for burgers, brats,
hot dogs, and refreshments -- all served for free!

Blue skies & tailwinds,

Jay & Mary

--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

vaughn[_2_]
July 1st 09, 06:20 PM
"Jay Honeck" > wrote in message

Sorry to see that you are spamming again Jay. You go back on my "list".

Vaughn

Jay Honeck[_2_]
July 1st 09, 07:56 PM
> Sorry to see that you are spamming again Jay. You go back on my "list".
>
> Vaughn

Golly, does this mean you can't make it?

It's an announcement of FREE BEER for all. (Does anyone remember the furor
THAT caused here a few years ago? Larry Dighera, where are you now?) If
that is "SPAM", well, I'm guilty. Sue me.

BTW: We're already sold out for the night, so I gain nothing by inviting
more people. It's just a helluva lot of fun...and THAT is what it's all
about.

Hope to see some of you guys in IOW!

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Ross
July 1st 09, 08:30 PM
vaughn wrote:
> "Jay Honeck" > wrote in message
>
> Sorry to see that you are spamming again Jay. You go back on my "list".
>
> Vaughn

I am sorry, but I do not see this as spam. I see a very dedicated
aviator inviting fellow aviators to join him for fun and relaxation
prior to going on to Oshkosh. It just so happens he owns a hotel (which
I want to visit sometime), and provides the opportunity for others to
join him. He even provides some amenities for free. Give the guy a
break. I find Jay just being a great open fellow. As a side, I am very
glad that he has been successful with his hotel. I still remember him
asking questions from the group on how he should proceed in building
this hotel and his changing careers. It was very interesting.

Go for it, Jay and keep it up. Maybe someday we can meet up.

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP

Ricky
July 1st 09, 08:42 PM
On Jul 1, 12:20*pm, "vaughn" >
wrote:
> "Jay Honeck" > wrote in message

> * *Sorry to see that you are spamming again Jay. *You go back on my "list".
>
> Vaughn

You're reply is rude, idiotic, and wrong.
Put Jay ..."back on your list" for inviting everyone here to a free
party with free beer, which he's been doing for years. I doubt you
would be pleasant company anyway.
Good riddance.

Ricky

spanky
July 1st 09, 09:03 PM
....is this the same vaughn simon that was building a berkut long ago
and far away? just curious.

other than that, LIGHTEN UP. It's an invitation to a free event with
free refreshments.

spanky mcf.

> * *Sorry to see that you are spamming again Jay. *You go back on my "list".
>
> Vaughn

george
July 1st 09, 09:35 PM
On Jul 2, 6:56*am, "Jay Honeck" > wrote:

> Golly, does this mean you can't make it?
>
> It's an announcement of FREE BEER for all. *(Does anyone remember the furor
> THAT caused here a few years ago? *Larry Dighera, where are you now?) *If
> that is "SPAM", well, I'm guilty. *Sue me.
>
> BTW: *We're already sold out for the night, so I gain nothing by inviting
> more people. *It's just a helluva lot of fun...and THAT is what it's all
> about.
>
> Hope to see some of you guys in IOW!

If I wasn't (and I am) about 1800 miles to far away to accept your
offer... damn!
Free beer is considered a spam?
Where do these people live ?
Have a great weekend

Bob Noel[_2_]
July 2nd 09, 02:15 AM
vaughn wrote:
> "Jay Honeck" > wrote in message
>
> Sorry to see that you are spamming again Jay. You go back on my "list".

lighten up Francis

Jay Honeck[_2_]
July 2nd 09, 04:28 AM
> Go for it, Jay and keep it up. Maybe someday we can meet up.

No worries -- we've made it through tornadoes, ice storms, 500-year floods,
and the worst economy since the 1930s. We won't let someone like Vaughn put
a damper on our enthusiasm for aviation and our fellow aviators!

Hope to see you in Iowa some day, Ross...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

D Ramapriya
July 2nd 09, 05:08 AM
On Jul 1, 11:30*pm, Ross > wrote:
> vaughn wrote:
> > "Jay Honeck" > wrote in message
>
> > * *Sorry to see that you are spamming again Jay. *You go back on my "list".
>
> > Vaughn
>
> I am sorry, but I do not see this as spam. I see a very dedicated
> aviator inviting fellow aviators to join him for fun and relaxation
> prior to going on to Oshkosh. It just so happens he owns a hotel (which
> I want to visit sometime), and provides the opportunity for others to
> join him. He even provides some amenities for free. Give the guy a
> break. I find Jay just being a great open fellow.

Notwithstanding that he'd yonks ago commented on me with a suspicion
that my origins probably naturally elicit where he comes from - and he
wasn't the only either, tbh, I couldn't concur with you more. Jay has
hardly been anything but dedicated and genial, not to mention composed
in the face of Bertie's persistent tripe. The cove's website
containing videos is a treat as well.

I wish his Pool Party a garrulous success ;))

Ramapriya

Ross
July 2nd 09, 01:24 PM
Jay Honeck wrote:
>> Go for it, Jay and keep it up. Maybe someday we can meet up.
>
> No worries -- we've made it through tornadoes, ice storms, 500-year
> floods, and the worst economy since the 1930s. We won't let someone
> like Vaughn put a damper on our enthusiasm for aviation and our fellow
> aviators!
>
> Hope to see you in Iowa some day, Ross...

We got close last September on our drive to MN on I-35. Iowa City was
just a little too far off the road with the time we had left to get
home. I guess I should have taken the Skyhawk instead of driving. that
would have been my last big X-country before having to sell my plane.
I'll be there sometime.

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP

jan olieslagers[_2_]
July 2nd 09, 05:51 PM
Jay Honeck schreef:
> We're just a few weeks away from America's only fly-in pool party at our
> aviation themed hotel, the Alexis Park Inn & Suites! We're located right
> next to Rwy 25 in Iowa City, IA (KIOW).
>
> Here is your official invitation:
> http://www.alexisparkinn.com/iowa_city_pool_party.htm

Jay, thanks very much for the kind invitation!
(and let that one yammerer just yammer, doesn't really hurt)
The ultimate I might be able to achieve in this life is crossing the
Atlantic in my homebuilt, and perhaps continue on the B369 into Russia.
And be sure that, if ever I do, from CYFB or so to yours will be easier
than from here to there. But if ever it happens, it won't be this year -
my pilot's license is the first objective now, and after that I'll see
what comes after.
So keep up the good work, and if heaven's willing I'll be along one year!

KA from continental Europe

Jay Honeck[_2_]
July 2nd 09, 06:11 PM
> So keep up the good work, and if heaven's willing I'll be along one year!
>
> KA from continental Europe

We'll be here, waiting for ya!

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Maxwell[_11_]
July 2nd 09, 07:05 PM
"Jay Honeck" > wrote in message
>> So keep up the good work, and if heaven's willing I'll be along one year!
>>
>> KA from continental Europe
>
> We'll be here, waiting for ya!
> :-)
> --
> Jay Honeck
> Iowa City, IA
> Pathfinder N56993
> Ercoupe N94856
> www.AlexisParkInn.com "Your Aviation Destination"

Your signature is nothing but spam.

Perhaps everyone that disagrees with it should log in to Google and post
their feeling of your hotel for all the world to see. No sense limiting our
feelings to such a small group.

Jim Logajan
July 2nd 09, 08:18 PM
"Maxwell" > wrote:
> "Jay Honeck" > wrote:
[...]
>> --
>> Jay Honeck
>> Iowa City, IA
>> Pathfinder N56993
>> Ercoupe N94856
>> www.AlexisParkInn.com "Your Aviation Destination"
>
> Your signature is nothing but spam.

Speaking of meat products, your claim is nothing but bologna:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signature_block

> Perhaps everyone that disagrees with it should log in to Google and
> post their feeling of your hotel for all the world to see. No sense
> limiting our feelings to such a small group.

Good luck with your emotional dispair - I suspect you are urging on a tiny
audience of Honeck-obsessed-bashers. I'd suggest not spending all day every
day bashing - be sure to get some rest between irate and angry posts.
Because if you haven't got your health, then you haven't got anything.

Maxwell[_11_]
July 2nd 09, 08:25 PM
"Jim Logajan" > wrote in message
.. .
> "Maxwell" > wrote:
>> "Jay Honeck" > wrote:
> [...]
>>> --
>>> Jay Honeck
>>> Iowa City, IA
>>> Pathfinder N56993
>>> Ercoupe N94856
>>> www.AlexisParkInn.com "Your Aviation Destination"
>>
>> Your signature is nothing but spam.
>
> Speaking of meat products, your claim is nothing but bologna:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signature_block
>
>> Perhaps everyone that disagrees with it should log in to Google and
>> post their feeling of your hotel for all the world to see. No sense
>> limiting our feelings to such a small group.
>
> Good luck with your emotional dispair - I suspect you are urging on a tiny
> audience of Honeck-obsessed-bashers. I'd suggest not spending all day
> every
> day bashing - be sure to get some rest between irate and angry posts.
> Because if you haven't got your health, then you haven't got anything.

Cool! Yet another wise ass weighs in, because in the rap tradition, they
just can't seem to mind their own business.

Great job Jim, you're a credit to the old regime that brought us to ruin the
first time.

Jim Logajan
July 2nd 09, 08:36 PM
"Maxwell" > wrote:
> Great job Jim, you're a credit to the old regime that brought us to
> ruin the first time.

Gosh, much as I'd like to take the credit alone, modesty compels me to
point out that it took a cast of, um, strong characters like yourself to
implement the evil plan to destroy the aviation newsgroups.

Maxwell[_11_]
July 2nd 09, 08:51 PM
"Jim Logajan" > wrote in message
.. .
> "Maxwell" > wrote:
>> Great job Jim, you're a credit to the old regime that brought us to
>> ruin the first time.
>
> Gosh, much as I'd like to take the credit alone, modesty compels me to
> point out that it took a cast of, um, strong characters like yourself to
> implement the evil plan to destroy the aviation newsgroups.

You're clearly the one that started it dumb ass. Blame whoever you choose.

Dudley Henriques[_2_]
July 2nd 09, 10:13 PM
On Jul 1, 2:20*pm, Nomen Nescio > wrote:

I HATE Spam!!! I always break the metal strip on the can using that
damn key!!!!!! :-))
DH

Jim Logajan
July 2nd 09, 11:22 PM
"Maxwell" > wrote:
> "Jim Logajan" > wrote in message
> .. .
>> "Maxwell" > wrote:
>>> Great job Jim, you're a credit to the old regime that brought us to
>>> ruin the first time.
>>
>> Gosh, much as I'd like to take the credit alone, modesty compels me
>> to point out that it took a cast of, um, strong characters like
>> yourself to implement the evil plan to destroy the aviation
>> newsgroups.
>
> You're clearly the one that started it dumb ass. Blame whoever you
> choose.

I'm interested in discussions about homebuilt and experimental aircraft on
this newsgroup, so when you want to engage in discussions about those
subjects I'd be happy to see them.

But if you want to continue making petty attacks from behind an anonymous
e-mail handle that may be libelous of Jay and his business, I suspect you
had better be prepared for the consequences. I expect he doesn't much care
for lawyers, but one never knows.

Peter Dohm
July 3rd 09, 01:27 AM
"Jay Honeck" > wrote in message
>> Sorry to see that you are spamming again Jay. You go back on my
>> "list".
>>
>> Vaughn
>
> Golly, does this mean you can't make it?
>
> It's an announcement of FREE BEER for all. (Does anyone remember the
> furor THAT caused here a few years ago? Larry Dighera, where are you
> now?) If that is "SPAM", well, I'm guilty. Sue me.
>
> BTW: We're already sold out for the night, so I gain nothing by inviting
> more people. It's just a helluva lot of fun...and THAT is what it's all
> about.
>
> Hope to see some of you guys in IOW!

Regrettably, I'll have to miss it all AGAIN. So drink an extra for me!

Peter

Morgans[_7_]
July 3rd 09, 04:05 AM
Everyone please consider ignoring him and others like him, this time. Don't
let us go down the same path again.

Just consider it, please. He isn't worth it.
--
Jim in NC

Ed
July 3rd 09, 07:10 AM
On Thu, 2 Jul 2009 14:13:37 -0700 (PDT), Dudley Henriques
> wrote:

>I HATE Spam!!! I always break the metal strip on the can using that
>damn key!!!!!! :-))
>DH
Obviously, Dud, you haven't bought any Spam lately.

Jay Honeck[_2_]
July 3rd 09, 02:02 PM
>>I HATE Spam!!! I always break the metal strip on the can using that
>>damn key!!!!!! :-))
> Obviously, Dud, you haven't bought any Spam lately.

Please don't tell me that Hormel has eliminated the cool key/can combo.
That was always half the fun of Spam.

Okay, more than half. :-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Tri-Pacer[_3_]
July 3rd 09, 05:36 PM
Fried Spam on buttered toast with a touch of mustard----Yum Yum

Cheers:

Paul
N1431A
KSDM
2AZ1

Peter Dohm
July 3rd 09, 11:37 PM
"Jay Honeck" > wrote in message
>>>I HATE Spam!!! I always break the metal strip on the can using that
>>>damn key!!!!!! :-))
>> Obviously, Dud, you haven't bought any Spam lately.
>
> Please don't tell me that Hormel has eliminated the cool key/can combo.
> That was always half the fun of Spam.
>
> Okay, more than half. :-)
> --
> Jay Honeck
> Iowa City, IA
> Pathfinder N56993
> Ercoupe N94856
> www.AlexisParkInn.com
> "Your Aviation Destination"
I'll have to look on my next visit to the supermarket--but I know that the
entertainment lives on for consumers of canned corned beef hash and canned
ham!

Peter

C Gattman[_3_]
July 6th 09, 07:13 PM
On Jul 1, 12:30*pm, Ross > wrote:
> > Vaughn
>
> I am sorry, but I do not see this as spam. I see a very dedicated
> aviator inviting fellow aviators to join him for fun and relaxation
> prior to going on to Oshkosh.
> Go for it, Jay and keep it up. Maybe someday we can meet up.

Hey, all. Before I left the industry to be a full-time pilot and
flight instructor, I was a network and usenet abuse policy
administrator for many years. I have been aware of Jay's business and
activity for many years. For whatever that's worth, it was up to me to
decide what to do with complaints about posts such as Jay's. Here's
how my sysadmin team would evaluate this:

"Spam" is unsolicited BULK material send to multiple off-topic forums
or e-mail addresses. The term does not apply here unless he's spamming
to, say, alt.binaries.kittens or ca.politics also.

"UCE" is Unsolicited Commercial E-mail but can also be applied to
other forums such as usenet. The Rolex spam is UCE, and if Sporty's
advertised here it would be as well because they're not active in the
forum otherwise.

Jay is an active participant of the forum announcing topical activity
that happens to have a commercial element. He's not flooding the
newsgroup with it, ie, posting excessively. He responds to posts and
complaints about it personally. He's using the forum as a bulletin
board to announce his activity to his usenet acquaintances and the
general community. He's been around here for a long time and is one of
the most regular users. As such, he flies right through any reasonable
abuse policy criteria.

Folks, the respectful use of newsgroups as a marketplace and bulletin
board is far more appropriate and vital to the community than
flamewars and bickering. As a reader here for over a decade, I'm much
more interested in learning about a potential gathering of like-minded
subscribers for an airshow than I am in people flaming each other over
the validity of the post.

Flaming and bickering about the validity of Jay's posts is off-topic.
It seems to happen every time he mentions Alexis Park Inn based on the
misconception of what constitutes usenet "spam." I would prefer a
truce, because I think there are countless more important things to
get fired up about.

Have a great time at Oshkosh, everybody. Fly safe!

Respectfully,
Chris Gattman
Commercial pilot, CFI - Troutdale, Oregon

Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe
July 6th 09, 10:32 PM
"C Gattman" > wrote in message
<...>
> Hey, all. Before I left the industry to be a full-time pilot and
> flight instructor, I was a network and usenet abuse policy
> administrator for many years. I have been aware of Jay's business and
> activity for many years. For whatever that's worth, it was up to me to
> decide what to do with complaints about posts such as Jay's. Here's
> how my sysadmin team would evaluate this:

You are assuming that you are addressing complaints from rational human
beings. Wrong on two counts. Buttnip, Maxwell and all their friends are
simply trolls bent on destruction and disorder - not rational discourse.

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com

Peter Dohm
July 7th 09, 02:01 AM
"C Gattman" > wrote in message
On Jul 1, 12:30 pm, Ross > wrote:
> > Vaughn
>
> I am sorry, but I do not see this as spam. I see a very dedicated
> aviator inviting fellow aviators to join him for fun and relaxation
> prior to going on to Oshkosh.
> Go for it, Jay and keep it up. Maybe someday we can meet up.

Hey, all. Before I left the industry to be a full-time pilot and
flight instructor, I was a network and usenet abuse policy
administrator for many years. I have been aware of Jay's business and
activity for many years. For whatever that's worth, it was up to me to
decide what to do with complaints about posts such as Jay's. Here's
how my sysadmin team would evaluate this:

"Spam" is unsolicited BULK material send to multiple off-topic forums
or e-mail addresses. The term does not apply here unless he's spamming
to, say, alt.binaries.kittens or ca.politics also.

"UCE" is Unsolicited Commercial E-mail but can also be applied to
other forums such as usenet. The Rolex spam is UCE, and if Sporty's
advertised here it would be as well because they're not active in the
forum otherwise.

Jay is an active participant of the forum announcing topical activity
that happens to have a commercial element. He's not flooding the
newsgroup with it, ie, posting excessively. He responds to posts and
complaints about it personally. He's using the forum as a bulletin
board to announce his activity to his usenet acquaintances and the
general community. He's been around here for a long time and is one of
the most regular users. As such, he flies right through any reasonable
abuse policy criteria.

Folks, the respectful use of newsgroups as a marketplace and bulletin
board is far more appropriate and vital to the community than
flamewars and bickering. As a reader here for over a decade, I'm much
more interested in learning about a potential gathering of like-minded
subscribers for an airshow than I am in people flaming each other over
the validity of the post.

Flaming and bickering about the validity of Jay's posts is off-topic.
It seems to happen every time he mentions Alexis Park Inn based on the
misconception of what constitutes usenet "spam." I would prefer a
truce, because I think there are countless more important things to
get fired up about.

Have a great time at Oshkosh, everybody. Fly safe!

Respectfully,
Chris Gattman
Commercial pilot, CFI - Troutdale, Oregon

-----------------begin new post---------------

Thanks for the excellent refresher on usenet definitions, and also on the
true purpose of usenet.

Peter

Brian Whatcott
July 7th 09, 02:55 AM
Peter Dohm wrote:
> "C Gattman" > wrote in message
>
> "Spam" is unsolicited BULK material send to multiple off-topic forums
> or e-mail addresses. The term does not apply here unless he's spamming
> to, say, alt.binaries.kittens or ca.politics also.
>
> "UCE" is Unsolicited Commercial E-mail but can also be applied to
> other forums such as usenet. The Rolex spam is UCE, and if Sporty's
> advertised here it would be as well because they're not active in the
> forum otherwise.
>
> Jay is an active participant of the forum announcing topical activity
> that happens to have a commercial element. He's not flooding the
> newsgroup with it, ie, posting excessively. He responds to posts and
> complaints about it personally. He's using the forum as a bulletin
> board to announce his activity to his usenet acquaintances and the
> general community. He's been around here for a long time and is one of
> the most regular users. As such, he flies right through any reasonable
> abuse policy criteria.
>
> Folks, the respectful use of newsgroups as a marketplace and bulletin
> board is far more appropriate and vital to the community than
> flamewars and bickering. As a reader here for over a decade, I'm much
> more interested in learning about a potential gathering of like-minded
> subscribers for an airshow than I am in people flaming each other over
> the validity of the post.
>
> Flaming and bickering about the validity of Jay's posts is off-topic.
> It seems to happen every time he mentions Alexis Park Inn based on the
> misconception of what constitutes usenet "spam." I would prefer a
> truce, because I think there are countless more important things to
> get fired up about.
>
> Have a great time at Oshkosh, everybody. Fly safe!
>
> Respectfully,
> Chris Gattman
> Commercial pilot, CFI - Troutdale, Oregon
>
> -----------------begin new post---------------
>
> Thanks for the excellent refresher on usenet definitions, and also on the
> true purpose of usenet.
>
> Peter

What Chris said; and what Peter said.

Brian W

Dudley Henriques[_2_]
July 7th 09, 05:05 AM
On Jul 6, 11:40*pm, Nomen Nescio > wrote:

Actually, like you, I like the stuff. It's the key that drives me
nuts. I can remember my mother making breakfast with spam and eggs. It
had an unusual taste that sort of grew on you over time.

Frank Stutzman[_3_]
July 7th 09, 05:06 AM
In rec.aviation.homebuilt Nomen Nescio > wrote:

> I'm one of the few people on the planet who actually likes the stuff.

I love spam. Spend enough time with the Hawaiian locals and everyone would
learn to like it. Spam musubi, MMMMMMM.

> But I gotta agree about that goddam tab. I've opened many a can
> around a campfire using a Buck knife and a hatchet.

I had to go check my pantry. Only have 4 cans left from a sampler pack I
picked up in the islands from the last trip to visit the in-laws: "Turkey
SPAM", "SPAM with Cheese", "Hawaiian Style SPAM" and "70th Anniversary
Commemorative SPAM". None of them have the twist keys. They use the same
sort of pull tab you see nowdays on a lot of canned foods. I don't think
I've seen SPAM with a key opener for more than a decade.

Frank Stutzman
Bonanza N494B "Hula Girl"
Boise, ID

K M
July 8th 09, 05:16 PM
On Jul 6, 10:05*pm, Dudley Henriques > wrote:

> Actually, like you, I like the stuff. It's the key that drives me
> nuts. I can remember my mother making breakfast with spam and eggs. It
> had an unusual taste that sort of grew on you over time.

Yum , and I like Hamburger Helper too . Although , they don't need to
call it "Hamburger " Helper because that stuff is good all by its
self .

K M
July 8th 09, 05:22 PM
On Jul 6, 12:13*pm, C Gattman > wrote:

> Before I left the industry to be a full-time pilot and
> flight instructor, I was a network and usenet abuse policy
> administrator for many years. I have been aware of Jay's business and
> activity for many years. For whatever that's worth, it was up to me to
> decide what to do with complaints about posts such as Jay's. Here's
> how my sysadmin team would evaluate this:
>

> Respectfully,
> Chris Gattman
Chris ,
Thanks for the post . I have been here on Usnet for a few years myself
and I can't help but wonder why you have too consider complaints like
this and yet there are posters who (Obviously) are only here to be
disruptive . Why has Usnet not done anything about this ?
FB

Steve Hix
July 8th 09, 10:24 PM
In article
K M > wrote:

> On Jul 6, 12:13*pm, C Gattman > wrote:
>
> > Before I left the industry to be a full-time pilot and
> > flight instructor, I was a network and usenet abuse policy
> > administrator for many years. I have been aware of Jay's business and
> > activity for many years. For whatever that's worth, it was up to me to
> > decide what to do with complaints about posts such as Jay's. Here's
> > how my sysadmin team would evaluate this:
> >

> > Respectfully,
> > Chris Gattman
> Chris ,
> Thanks for the post . I have been here on Usnet for a few years myself
> and I can't help but wonder why you have too consider complaints like
> this and yet there are posters who (Obviously) are only here to be
> disruptive . Why has Usnet not done anything about this ?
> FB

Because usenet is not "owned" by anyone, and tends to be a minarchy, if
not quite anarchy, with only a small fraction of usenet groups being
moderated.

Franklin[_7_]
July 9th 09, 01:10 AM
On Mon, 6 Jul 2009 21:05:10 -0700 (PDT), Dudley Henriques wrote:

> On Jul 6, 11:40*pm, Nomen Nescio > wrote:
>
> Actually, like you, I like the stuff. It's the key that drives me
> nuts. I can remember my mother making breakfast with spam and eggs. It
> had an unusual taste that sort of grew on you over time.

Anytime you need my help with aviation, Dudley, Do Right and look me up
:)

Franklin

Franklin[_7_]
July 9th 09, 01:11 AM
On Wed, 8 Jul 2009 09:16:59 -0700 (PDT), K M wrote:

> On Jul 6, 10:05*pm, Dudley Henriques > wrote:
>
>> Actually, like you, I like the stuff. It's the key that drives me
>> nuts. I can remember my mother making breakfast with spam and eggs. It
>> had an unusual taste that sort of grew on you over time.
>
> Yum , and I like Hamburger Helper too . Although , they don't need to
> call it "Hamburger " Helper because that stuff is good all by its
> self .

K.M.

does not stand for Kulinary Master.

Franklin[_7_]
July 9th 09, 01:12 AM
On Mon, 6 Jul 2009 11:13:05 -0700 (PDT), C Gattman wrote:

> Commercial pilot, CFI - Troutdale, Oregon

Too bad you never made it to The ATP Show.

Franklin[_8_]
July 11th 09, 01:02 AM
Franklin <"Franklin wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Jul 2009 21:05:10 -0700 (PDT), Dudley Henriques wrote:
>
>> On Jul 6, 11:40*pm, Nomen Nescio > wrote:
>>
>> Actually, like you, I like the stuff. It's the key that drives me
>> nuts. I can remember my mother making breakfast with spam and eggs.
>> It had an unusual taste that sort of grew on you over time. D
>
> Anytime you need my help with aviation, Dudley, Do Right and look me
> up
> :)
>
> Franklin

What strange thing. You've posted in my name and I didn't have to do a
thing. Heh!

Franklin[_8_]
July 11th 09, 01:08 AM
Franklin <"Franklin wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Jul 2009 11:13:05 -0700 (PDT), C Gattman wrote:
>
>> Commercial pilot, CFI - Troutdale, Oregon
>
> Too bad you never made it to The ATP Show.

Not that I knew I wrote that. Am I dreaming? Heh!

Dudley Henriques[_2_]
July 11th 09, 01:09 AM
On Jul 8, 8:10*pm, Franklin <"Franklin >> wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Jul 2009 21:05:10 -0700 (PDT), Dudley Henriques wrote:
> > On Jul 6, 11:40*pm, Nomen Nescio > wrote:
>
> > Actually, like you, I like the stuff. It's the key that drives me
> > nuts. I can remember my mother making breakfast with spam and eggs. It
> > had an unusual taste that sort of grew on you over time.
>
> Anytime you need my help with aviation, Dudley, Do Right and look me up
> :)
>
> Franklin

Not sure I get your meaning and this is after all, Usenet. I do see
your smilie, but why would I need your help with aviation?
Dudley Henriques

Franklin[_8_]
July 11th 09, 01:48 AM
Dudley Henriques wrote:

> On Jul 8, 8:10*pm, Franklin <"Franklin >>
> wrote:
>> On Mon, 6 Jul 2009 21:05:10 -0700 (PDT), Dudley Henriques wrote:
>> > On Jul 6, 11:40*pm, Nomen Nescio > wrote:
>>
>> > Actually, like you, I like the stuff. It's the key that drives me
>> > nuts. I can remember my mother making breakfast with spam and
>> > eggs. It had an unusual taste that sort of grew on you over time.
>>
>> Anytime you need my help with aviation, Dudley, Do Right and look
>> me up
>> :)
>>
>> Franklin
>
> Not sure I get your meaning and this is after all, Usenet. I do see
> your smilie, but why would I need your help with aviation?
> Dudley Henriques

Hi Dud. You're being trolled by someone who is trying to spoof my
posts.

Some months ago you asked him a question on how energy management
could predicted an F-14's behavior. He was posting as "Ari",
"Maxwell", "Payton Byrd", and "Little Luke".

He couldn't answer so I popped over from where I knew him in
alt.comp.freeware to bail him out. He's got really sore because you
asked him a difficult question and other posters saw how much he
needed help. It was a big loss of face for him.

It's childish but now he's trying to get his own back on you and also
on me by using his socks. He has many of them.

He loves to imagine himself as a pilot so you'll probably see a lot of
his socks in future and I imagine you've already seen a lot of them in
the past under different names.

See <http://preview.tinyurl.com/nmo2zo> OR
<http://groups.google.com/group/rec.aviation.piloting/browse_thread/th
read/19e4aea99d0b0606/028d2fb0861c4d57?hl=en&lnk=ol&>

Dudley Henriques[_2_]
July 11th 09, 02:27 AM
On Jul 10, 8:48*pm, Franklin > wrote:
> Dudley Henriques wrote:
> > On Jul 8, 8:10*pm, Franklin <"Franklin >>
> > wrote:

> >> Anytime you need my help with aviation, Dudley, Do Right and look
> >> me up
> >> :)
>
> >> Franklin
>
> > Not sure I get your meaning and this is after all, Usenet. I do see
> > your smilie, but why would I need your help with aviation?
> > Dudley Henriques
>
> Hi Dud. You're being trolled by someone who is trying to spoof my
> posts.
>
> Some months ago you asked him a question on how energy management
> could predicted an F-14's behavior. *He was posting as "Ari",
> "Maxwell", "Payton Byrd", and "Little Luke".
>
> He couldn't answer so I popped over from where I knew him in
> alt.comp.freeware to bail him out. *He's got really sore because you
> asked him a difficult question and other posters saw how much he
> needed help. *It was a big loss of face for him.
>
> It's childish but now he's trying to get his own back on you and also
> on me by using his socks. *He has many of them.
>
> He loves to imagine himself as a pilot so you'll probably see a lot of
> his socks in future and I imagine you've already seen a lot of them in
> the past under different names.
>
> See <http://preview.tinyurl.com/nmo2zo> *OR
> <http://groups.google.com/group/rec.aviation.piloting/browse_thread/th
> read/19e4aea99d0b0606/028d2fb0861c4d57?hl=en&lnk=ol&>

Makes perfect sense! MAXWELL; I should have known :-))
Thanks for the "update".
Dudley Henriques

Franklin[_7_]
July 12th 09, 01:38 PM
On Tue, 7 Jul 2009 04:06:13 +0000 (UTC), Frank Stutzman wrote:

> Frank Stutzman
> Bonanza N494B

Why did you name your airplane after a TV series?

Monk
July 14th 09, 03:41 AM
On Jul 1, 12:44*pm, "Jay Honeck" > wrote:
> We're just a few weeks away from America's only fly-in pool party at our
> aviation themed hotel, the Alexis Park Inn & Suites! We're located right
> next to Rwy 25 in Iowa City, IA (KIOW).
>
> Here is your official invitation:http://www.alexisparkinn.com/iowa_city_pool_party.htm
>
> Heading to OSH from the West? Don't do the FISK approach at the end of a
> long x-country flight -- instead spend the night with fellow pilots, enjoy a
> free cookout at poolside, and join us the next morning as we all fly into
> OSH together! Iowa City is located just 90 minutes SW of Ripon, which means
> you'll arrive in the world's busiest airspace fresh and (more importantly)
> with people who have flown the approach many times.
>
> Have you studied the NOTAM yet? If so, you'll know that you have to fly up
> the railroad tracks from Ripon, after falling in trail behind the guy ahead
> of you. This can be tricky, with planes converging on Ripon from all compass
> points -- UNLESS you're already on the proper heading. Flying in from Iowa
> City puts you precisely on the heading required, so no turns are required at
> Ripon. It is quite literally a "straight shot" from Iowa City to Oshkosh!
>
> Most of us camp in the North 40 at OSH, and one huge advantage to flying in
> together as a group is that we all get parked near one another. You will
> have the advantage of camping next to folks you already know, which makes
> the week at OSH even more fun! (Remember, we do a Wednesday night party at
> our site in the North 40, too, so you'll be close to the beer!)
>
> This will be our 27th consecutive Oshkosh Fly In. We've thrown the pool
> party for seven years (we bought the hotel in 2002, and spent the last seven
> years converting each suite to a different aviation theme), and it's our way
> of saying "Thanks!" to the pilot community for another great year! Whether
> you spend the night, or just make Iowa City a fuel stop on your way to OSH,
> be sure to join us at the Alexis Park Inn & Suites hotel for burgers, brats,
> hot dogs, and refreshments -- all served for free!
>
> Blue skies & tailwinds,
>
> Jay & Mary
>
> --
> Jay Honeck
> Iowa City, IA
> Pathfinder N56993
> Ercoupe N94856www.AlexisParkInn.com
> "Your Aviation Destination"

Can't make it this year either Jay. Have fun and like always, share
pictures.

Jay Honeck[_2_]
July 14th 09, 04:17 AM
>Can't make it this year either Jay. Have fun and like always, share
>pictures.

Will do -- but, dang it, Brian -- you have GOT to make it to OSH one of
these years. There just aren't that many years left, you know...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Monk
July 14th 09, 04:23 AM
On Jul 13, 11:17*pm, "Jay Honeck" > wrote:
> >Can't make it this year either Jay. *Have fun and like always, share
> >pictures.
>
> Will do -- but, dang it, Brian -- you have GOT to make it to OSH one of
> these years. *There just aren't that many years left, you know...
> --
> Jay Honeck
> Iowa City, IA
> Pathfinder N56993
> Ercoupe N94856www.AlexisParkInn.com
> "Your Aviation Destination"

I know it Jay, it is just that the economy has been real bad and my
one and only last tenant hasn't been paying his rent lately. I have
enough for a few short local trips and one family trip and everyone
wants to go to the Outer Banks...A...GAIN...

Franklin[_8_]
July 14th 09, 08:42 AM
Franklin <"Franklin wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Jul 2009 04:06:13 +0000 (UTC), Frank Stutzman wrote:
>

>> Frank Stutzman Bonanza N494B
>>

> Why did you name your airplane after a TV series?

Hello Monkey.

I see you're having one of your elaborate talk-to-yourself conversations.
Where's this one leading?

What impression are you trying to shape this time? What's the payoff going
to be?

Jay Honeck[_2_]
July 15th 09, 05:45 AM
>I know it Jay, it is just that the economy has been real bad

I hear you on that. What a horrendous economic meltdown -- something I
never thought I'd witness in my lifetime. So far we're keeping our noses
above water, but the future is uncertain.

But OSH? That's sacred. I'd be there if I had to walk.

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA