PDA

View Full Version : French homebuilders meet at Vichy

jan olieslagers[_2_]
July 2nd 09, 06:22 PM
10-11-12 july at LFLV Charmeil.
I'll be there - et qui encore?
But I'll be driving, no club plane available and my own still in the
"dreams" phase.

Ceux qui trouvent ma camionette bleue sont les bienvenus pour l'apéro!

More info on http://www.rsafrance.com/

Philippe[_2_]
July 4th 09, 05:59 PM
jan olieslagers a écrit:

> Ceux qui trouvent ma camionette bleue sont les bienvenus pour l'apéro!
Et si tu trouves le BBQ des foxpapas..... J'y serai et si le F-PRAZ est
en forme,je viens avec.

--
« Si tous les poètes voulaient se donner la main, ils toucheraient enfin
des doigts d'auteur! »

jan olieslagers[_2_]
July 13th 09, 02:59 PM
Philippe schreef:
> jan olieslagers a écrit:
>

>> Ceux qui trouvent ma camionette bleue sont les bienvenus pour l'apéro!
> Et si tu trouves le BBQ des foxpapas..... J'y serai et si le F-PRAZ est
> en forme,je viens avec.

Désolé, j'ai pas vu de F-PRAZ..? J'espère seulement que c'est pas les
Fox-Papa dont la guindaille m'a empeché de dormir la nuit de vendredi á
samedi, j'en avais tellement ras le bol que je suis parti samedi après
midi. Legend-air plus pour moi, le camping au moins!

KA

Philippe[_2_]
July 13th 09, 05:08 PM
jan olieslagers a écrit:

>> Et si tu trouves le BBQ des foxpapas..... J'y serai et si le F-PRAZ
>> est en forme,je viens avec.
>
> Désolé, j'ai pas vu de F-PRAZ..? J'espère seulement que c'est pas les
> Fox-Papa dont la guindaille m'a empeché de dormir la nuit de vendredi
> á samedi, j'en avais tellement ras le bol que je suis parti samedi
> après midi. Legend-air plus pour moi, le camping au moins!

C'est le samedi soir...
Mais le F-PRAZ est resté au hangar, j'ai du mal a fiabiliser mon 2°
allumage électronique. Un vrai banc de test ce C90...

A+
--
« Si tous les poètes voulaient se donner la main, ils toucheraient enfin
des doigts d'auteur! »
Philippe Vessaire Ò¿Ó¬

Stealth Pilot[_2_]
July 21st 09, 05:18 AM
On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 18:08:31 +0200, Philippe >
wrote:

>jan olieslagers a écrit:
>

>>> Et si tu trouves le BBQ des foxpapas..... J'y serai et si le F-PRAZ
>>> est en forme,je viens avec.
>>
>> Désolé, j'ai pas vu de F-PRAZ..? J'espère seulement que c'est pas les
>> Fox-Papa dont la guindaille m'a empeché de dormir la nuit de vendredi
>> á samedi, j'en avais tellement ras le bol que je suis parti samedi
>> après midi. Legend-air plus pour moi, le camping au moins!
>
>C'est le samedi soir...
>Mais le F-PRAZ est resté au hangar, j'ai du mal a fiabiliser mon 2°
>allumage électronique. Un vrai banc de test ce C90...
>

>A+

any of you native french speakers interested in translating a french
aero engineering text into english for me?
it is Desgrandchamps book about the design of light aircraft.

Stealth pilot

jan olieslagers[_2_]
July 21st 09, 08:03 AM
Stealth Pilot schreef:

> any of you native french speakers interested in translating a french
> aero engineering text into english for me?
> it is Desgrandchamps book about the design of light aircraft.

Stealth, I am not a native French speaker, neither could I find the time
for translating a complete book. OTOH I am on the lookup for books about
designing light planes, so I have some interest... Any compromise
possible? Do you possess this book? In electronic form?
KA

PS to mail me directly, discard all but the first word before the @

Philippe[_2_]
July 21st 09, 08:25 AM
Stealth Pilot a écrit:

> it is Desgrandchamps book about the design of light aircraft.

You may have electronic copy of this book.

desgrandchamps.pdf http://dl.free.fr/rgq8KVtVh

but, sorry, I don't have any skill for translation..

By
--
« Si tous les poètes voulaient se donner la main, ils toucheraient enfin
des doigts d'auteur! »
Philippe Vessaire Ò¿Ó¬

jan olieslagers[_2_]
July 21st 09, 01:25 PM
Philippe schreef:
> Stealth Pilot a écrit:
>
>> it is Desgrandchamps book about the design of light aircraft.
>
> You may have electronic copy of this book.
>
> desgrandchamps.pdf http://dl.free.fr/rgq8KVtVh

Very nice, Philippe, un tout grand merci!
It is only 77 double pages, not that big a volume, but it is a rather
poor scan of a not too brilliant print so it takes some deciphering
especially in the formulae. I'm afraid it's going to give me a hard
time; but it does bring the info I am after.

Stealth, allow me to be nasty: what is a translation worth to you? And
don't come and offer me a crate or even a barrel of your lousy
Australian beer!

KA

Stealth Pilot[_2_]
July 21st 09, 01:55 PM
On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 12:25:49 +0000, jan olieslagers
> wrote:

>Philippe schreef:
>> Stealth Pilot a écrit:
>>
>>> it is Desgrandchamps book about the design of light aircraft.
>>
>> You may have electronic copy of this book.
>>
>> desgrandchamps.pdf http://dl.free.fr/rgq8KVtVh
>
>Very nice, Philippe, un tout grand merci!
>It is only 77 double pages, not that big a volume, but it is a rather
>poor scan of a not too brilliant print so it takes some deciphering
>especially in the formulae. I'm afraid it's going to give me a hard
>time; but it does bring the info I am after.
>
>Stealth, allow me to be nasty: what is a translation worth to you? And
>don't come and offer me a crate or even a barrel of your lousy
>Australian beer!
>
>KA

it isnt worth a cracker to me. zip, stuff all, nothing.

what I have realised is that if a translator isnt fluent in both
languages the translator needs to be fluent in the language being
translated from not the language being translated to.

desgrandchamps has me lost on many of the colloquial french
expressions he uses as he describes things.

on the subject of beers. would you believe that I like Kronenburg 1664
:-) perhaps the only decent thing to come out of france.

that doesnt stop me firing something useful at you via email though.
Stealth Pilot

Philippe[_2_]
July 21st 09, 05:32 PM
Stealth Pilot a écrit:

> on the subject of beers. would you believe that I like Kronenburg 1664
> :-) perhaps the only decent thing to come out of france.

And vines ??? We have a lot among the best.....

Je consacre ma vie au vin, pour la bière j'ai toute la mort.....

By
--
« Si tous les poètes voulaient se donner la main, ils toucheraient enfin
des doigts d'auteur! »
Philippe Vessaire Ò¿Ó¬

Stealth Pilot[_2_]
July 22nd 09, 06:59 AM
On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 18:32:52 +0200, Philippe >
wrote:

>Stealth Pilot a écrit:
>
>> on the subject of beers. would you believe that I like Kronenburg 1664
>> :-) perhaps the only decent thing to come out of france.
>
> And vines ??? We have a lot among the best.....
>

>Je consacre ma vie au vin, pour la bière j'ai toute la mort.....

I have no idea what that last line means but it looks rude :-)
"to save our vines I'd pour you a beer that'd kill you"????? what???

Stealth Pilot
English is also my second language. Strine is my first :-)

Philippe[_2_]
July 22nd 09, 07:30 AM
Stealth Pilot a écrit:

>>Je consacre ma vie au vin, pour la bière j'ai toute la mort.....
>
> I have no idea what that last line means but it looks rude :-)
> "to save our vines I'd pour you a beer that'd kill you"????? what???

I can't translate, it' just playing with words "bière" meens beer and
coffin....

All my life is for vine , only my death is for "bière"

(beer or coffin, you choose)

--
« Si tous les poètes voulaient se donner la main, ils toucheraient enfin
des doigts d'auteur! »
Philippe Vessaire Ò¿Ó¬

cavelamb[_2_]
July 22nd 09, 07:31 AM

>> Je consacre ma vie au vin, pour la bière j'ai toute la mort.....
>
> I have no idea what that last line means but it looks rude :-)
> "to save our vines I'd pour you a beer that'd kill you"????? what???

I devote my life to the wine, for the beer I have all death.

jan olieslagers[_2_]
July 22nd 09, 05:32 PM
Philippe schreef:
> Stealth Pilot a écrit:
>
>>> Je consacre ma vie au vin, pour la bière j'ai toute la mort.....
>> I have no idea what that last line means but it looks rude :-)
>> "to save our vines I'd pour you a beer that'd kill you"????? what???
>
> I can't translate, it' just playing with words "bière" meens beer and
> coffin....

Which illustrates my level of French: I had taken the broad meaning, but
had missed the game of the word that does it all.
Merci, Philippe!

jan olieslagers[_2_]
August 2nd 09, 11:11 AM
Philippe schreef:
> Stealth Pilot a écrit:
>
>> it is Desgrandchamps book about the design of light aircraft.
>
> You may have electronic copy of this book.
>
> desgrandchamps.pdf http://dl.free.fr/rgq8KVtVh

Well, I tried to make a start, but disappointment was almost immediate:
the PDF is incomplete, actually it even lacks TABLE 1 which is the basis
of all further formulae and calculations.

I privately received another version, in two pdf-parts, with exactly the
same pages missing - too bad.

Would anyone have the original book, or a pointer to a library that has
it? One of France's excellent aviation museums, perhaps? Or the RSA?

Philippe[_2_]
August 3rd 09, 08:22 AM
jan olieslagers a écrit:

> Well, I tried to make a start, but disappointment was almost
> immediate: the PDF is incomplete, actually it even lacks TABLE 1 which
> is the basis of all further formulae and calculations.

En privé pour file attach

philippe dot vessaire at nordnet dot fr

I have a paper copie too but the table may be missing

A+
--
« Si tous les poètes voulaient se donner la main, ils toucheraient enfin
des doigts d'auteur! »
Philippe Vessaire Ò¿Ó¬

Google