PDA

View Full Version : Sheet Metal Brake in Northern California?

flybynightkarmarepair
August 2nd 09, 11:22 PM
Does anyone have in their shop, or have complete access to, a sheet
metal brake, either a leaf/box brake or a press brake, at least 4 feet
in capacity, within a 2 hour drive of Oakland, CA? I need one to bend
up the longerons of my project. Contact me offline if you do.

Bob Kuykendall
August 3rd 09, 12:29 AM
What are the dimensions and material of the part?

Thanks, Bob K.

RST Engineering - JIm
August 3rd 09, 02:11 AM
Check with your local community college. Most of them have metal shop
classes and all the ones I've seen can handle the 8' edge of a 4x8 sheet.

If push comes to shove and they won't let you have an hour or so on it, just
register for the class and punch out the first week of classes; you get all
your money back.

If you can't find one, I know Sierra College in Rocklin has one and I'm
faculty there.

Jim

Orval Fairbairn[_2_]
August 3rd 09, 03:37 AM
In article >,
"RST Engineering - JIm" > wrote:

> Check with your local community college. Most of them have metal shop
> classes and all the ones I've seen can handle the 8' edge of a 4x8 sheet.
>
> If push comes to shove and they won't let you have an hour or so on it, just
> register for the class and punch out the first week of classes; you get all
> your money back.
>
> If you can't find one, I know Sierra College in Rocklin has one and I'm
> faculty there.
>
> Jim

Just make sure that you read and follow the manual on bend relief before
you put it in the brake; OTW you will have a handful of aluminum scrap.

Google