PDA

View Full Version : Gliding in Guatemala

Luka
August 10th 09, 08:05 AM
Hey guys!

My girlfriend comes from Guatemala and we're going there in a few
months. Since we're staying there for 3 months, I of course, have to
find a soaring centre, which I was unable to using google. Does anyone
of you know a spot there maybe? Would appreciate a contact as well.

Thanks for all the answers.
Luka

KO[_2_]
August 10th 09, 04:32 PM
On Aug 10, 3:05*am, Luka > wrote:
> Hey guys!
>
> My girlfriend comes from Guatemala and we're going there in a few
> months. Since we're staying there for 3 months, I of course, have to
> find a soaring centre, which I was unable to using google. Does anyone
> of you know a spot there maybe? Would appreciate a contact as well.
>
> Thanks for all the answers.
> Luka

Luka:

I am pretty positive that you'll love Guatemala!... however it will be
hard for you to find any glider action down there...

There was one Blanik L-13 that use to belong to a syndicate.... they
had some mishap and lost interest... the glider was later sold, but
still is around, however, through the local NAA, I have not heard of
any new soaring activity... pity... Guatemala is such a nice place to
fly...

Very best regards
Enrique
KO