PDA

View Full Version : Re: Pix & Video from OSH '09

Dave[_22_]
August 12th 09, 01:50 AM
On Aug 9, 2:19*pm, Orval Fairbairn >
wrote:
> In article <KCrfm.819309$yE1.546468@attbi_s21>,
> *"Jay Honeck" > wrote:
>
> > I present, for your viewing pleasure, 200+ pix and several videos, all taken
> > last week at Oshkosh Airventure 2009:
>
> >http://www.alexisparkinn.com/oshkosh_2009.htm
>
> > Included in this collection is exceedingly rare, uncut footage of Jay, Mary,
> > and Brian Douglas singing karaoke at a formerly semi-respectable Oshkosh
> > bar... *All I can say is "Never again!" * Uff-da!
>
> > ;-)
>
> > And, of course, there are pix from the world's only Fly-In Pool Party, and
> > the Wednesday North 40 Party.
>
> Jay,
>
> The "Cessna Airmaster" ISN'T an Airmaster! It is either a C190 or C195,
> depending on the engine.
>
> The Airmaster was wooden-winged, with a steel tube fuselage and
> fabric-covered, with a Warner engine and non-bumped cowl.
>
> The C190/195 were all-metal, with either a Jacobs or Lycoming radial and
> the bumbed cowl.
>
> --
> Remove _'s *from email address to talk to me.

I'm sure the plane in question is a 195 - 190's are few and far
between (think I've only seen one)

There WAS an Airmaster there - kind of hard to miss, since it was on
floats (probably the only
one in existance). I have a photo, but don't seem to have the option
to attach it. Perhaps later.

BTW - this one did have a bump cowl.

Dave

Google