PDA

View Full Version : How to build an aircraft

me123
August 19th 09, 08:45 PM
Hi I noticed the forum decription says "...building aircraft" so I would just like to know how to build an aircraft

Robert Barker
August 20th 09, 02:03 AM
"me123" > wrote in message

> Hi I noticed the forum decription says "...building aircraft" so I would
> just like to know how to build an aircraft
>

> --
> me123

Start by taking a sheet of copy paper and fold it in half length-wise......
;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZmUaFBCoa0

BobR
August 20th 09, 02:56 AM
On Aug 19, 2:45*pm, me123 > wrote:
> Hi I noticed the forum decription says "...building aircraft" so I would
> just like to know how to build an aircraft
>
> --
> me123

One part at a time and after a few hundred to a few thousand hours and
many parts, you assemble, get it inspected and fly it.

Seriously, it is a learning process that you learn as you go and the
end result is a smile that will be a very long time fixture of your
person.

August 20th 09, 03:59 AM
On Aug 19, 7:03*pm, "Robert Barker" > wrote:
> "me123" > wrote in message

> > Hi I noticed the forum decription says "...building aircraft" so I would
> > just like to know how to build an aircraft

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZmUaFBCoa0

Looks like it has a dutch roll problem.

Before you star building try to anticipate what kind of flying you
actually will do. Then decide what what material you are comfortable
with, or wish to learn. Aluminum? Wood? Composite (fiberglass)? Then
start looking for plans or kits that fit you needs. Don't forget to
factor in needed build space, heat, and tools needed.

Some of us like to build. For the rest keep in mind the old saying
"If you want to build, build. If you want to fly....BUY."
===============
Leon McAtee

Brian Whatcott
August 21st 09, 02:04 AM
me123 wrote:
> Hi I noticed the forum decription says "...building aircraft" so I would
> just like to know how to build an aircraft

Just like many another homebuilt, you need an iron and a pair of
scissors, scotch tape to stick the pattern on....

http://www.instructables.com/id/Foam-Walkalong-Glider/

You start with a scrap of pink rafter insulation -
then you iron it flat (!)
and end up with a flying wing with a L/D of maybe 30:1
at a flying speed of two MPH....

Brian W

Atheist Chaplain[_2_]
August 21st 09, 06:39 AM
"brian whatcott" > wrote in message
> me123 wrote:
>> Hi I noticed the forum decription says "...building aircraft" so I would
>> just like to know how to build an aircraft
>>
> Just like many another homebuilt, you need an iron and a pair of scissors,
> scotch tape to stick the pattern on....
>
> http://www.instructables.com/id/Foam-Walkalong-Glider/
>
> You start with a scrap of pink rafter insulation -
> then you iron it flat (!)
> and end up with a flying wing with a L/D of maybe 30:1
> at a flying speed of two MPH....
>
> Brian W

I just read that instructable last night :-)

--
[This comment is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Church of
Scientology International]

jan olieslagers[_2_]
August 21st 09, 08:23 PM
me123 schreef:
> Hi I noticed the forum decription says "...building aircraft" so I would
> just like to know how to build an aircraft

Begin at the beginning.
Go on till the end.
Then stop.

Each of these takes some doing, some more, some less, all depending on
the mission, as already rehearsed.

Robert Barker
August 21st 09, 11:04 PM
"jan olieslagers" > wrote in message
> me123 schreef:
>> Hi I noticed the forum decription says "...building aircraft" so I would
>> just like to know how to build an aircraft
>
> Begin at the beginning.
> Go on till the end.
> Then stop.
>
> Each of these takes some doing, some more, some less, all depending on the
> mission, as already rehearsed.

The problem is, once you start, you CAN'T stop!

Atheist Chaplain[_2_]
August 22nd 09, 04:01 AM
"Robert Barker" > wrote in message
> "jan olieslagers" > wrote in message
>> me123 schreef:
>>> Hi I noticed the forum decription says "...building aircraft" so I would
>>> just like to know how to build an aircraft
>>
>> Begin at the beginning.
>> Go on till the end.
>> Then stop.
>>
>> Each of these takes some doing, some more, some less, all depending on
>> the mission, as already rehearsed.
>
> The problem is, once you start, you CAN'T stop!

Yup :-)
There are a lot of "I'll finish that one day" sitting in sheds all over the
world, I doubt that any would be classed as "Ahhh fuggit, I'm going to stop
working on that now" :-)

--
[This comment is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Church of
Scientology International]
"I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your
Christ." Gandhi

August 28th 09, 05:54 AM
On Aug 19, 3:45*pm, me123 > wrote:
> Hi I noticed the forum decription says "...building aircraft" so I would
> just like to know how to build an aircraft
>
> --
> me123

Get a real big billet of aluminum and cut away everything that
doesn't look like an airplane.

Dan[_12_]
August 29th 09, 01:09 AM
wrote:
> On Aug 19, 3:45 pm, me123 > wrote:
>> Hi I noticed the forum decription says "...building aircraft" so I would
>> just like to know how to build an aircraft
>>
>> --
>> me123
>
> Get a real big billet of aluminum and cut away everything that
> doesn't look like an airplane.

What is frightening is someone with more money than brains might try
that using CAM someday.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Google