PDA

View Full Version : Vicki Cruse passes

Ron
August 22nd 09, 10:46 PM
I haven't seen anything here yet, but it is with great regret that I
note the passing of Vicki Cruse who died piloting her Edge 240 at the
Silverstone Air Show in the UK.

BobR
August 23rd 09, 02:10 AM
On Aug 22, 4:46*pm, Ron > wrote:
> I haven't seen anything here yet, but it is with great regret that I
> note the passing of Vicki Cruse who died piloting her Edge 240 at the
> Silverstone Air Show in the UK.

My wife told me that she saw the report on the news this evening. I
met Vicki at Copperstate several years ago and had dinner with her and
several friends including Badwater Bill. Over the years we had
communicated via emails on several occasions. She was not only a
great pilot but a real class act as well. It is a very sad day for us
all.

Morgans[_7_]
August 23rd 09, 09:30 AM
"BobR" > wrote

> My wife told me that she saw the report on the news this evening. I
> met Vicki at Copperstate several years ago and had dinner with her and
> several friends including Badwater Bill. Over the years we had
> communicated via emails on several occasions. She was not only a
> great pilot but a real class act as well. It is a very sad day for us
> all.

Back in the hay-days of these groups, it was not unusual for her to
contribute to a thread, especially if it involved planes doing
loopie-twirlly kinds of things. <g>

Sad day, indeed. It will be of interest as reports on the causes of the
accident come in, as to if anything can be learned from the tragedy, of
benefit to the rest of the community.

I hope for once, people will hold back on needless speculations, until
investigations are complete.

Blue skies, Vicki.
--
Jim in NC

Ben[_3_]
August 26th 09, 02:34 PM
On Aug 23, 2:30*am, "Morgans" > wrote:
> "BobR" > wrote
>

> > My wife told me that she saw the report on the news this evening. *I
> > met Vicki at Copperstate several years ago and had dinner with her and
> > several friends including Badwater Bill. *Over the years we had
> > communicated via emails on several occasions. *She was not only a
> > great pilot but a real class act as well. *It is a very sad day for us
> > all.
>
> Back in the hay-days of these groups, it was not unusual for her to
> contribute to a thread, especially if it involved planes doing
> loopie-twirlly kinds of things. <g>
>
> Sad day, indeed. *It will be of interest as reports on the causes of the
> accident come in, as to if anything can be learned from the tragedy, of
> benefit to the rest of the community.
>
> I hope for once, people will hold back on needless speculations, until
> investigations are complete.
>
> Blue skies, Vicki.
> --
> Jim in NC

I concur with Jim exactly..

Ben
Jackson Hole Wy.

September 11th 09, 04:35 PM
On Aug 22, 5:46*pm, Ron > wrote:
> I haven't seen anything here yet, but it is with great regret that I
> note the passing ofVickiCruse who died piloting her Edge 240 at the
> Silverstone Air Show in the UK.

A scholarship fund has been set up in memory of Vicki. For details,
see the link:

http://ennect.com/e808/p5657.aspx

Barnyard BOb
November 16th 09, 12:08 AM
On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 14:46:55 -0700 (PDT), Ron >
wrote:

>I haven't seen anything here yet, but it is with great regret that I
>note the passing of Vicki Cruse who died piloting her Edge 240 at the
>Silverstone Air Show in the UK.

Not that it matters at this point.....
The Zivco Edge is a 540 and the one Vicki was flying was a loaner.
AFAIK, the US team members did not bring their own aircraft.....
which could be a subject for another day.

Barnyard BOb - longtime friend and fellow Missourian

BobR
November 16th 09, 03:26 AM
On Nov 15, 6:08*pm, Barnyard BOb > wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 14:46:55 -0700 (PDT), Ron >
> wrote:
>
> >I haven't seen anything here yet, but it is with great regret that I
> >note the passing of Vicki Cruse who died piloting her Edge 240 at the
> >Silverstone Air Show in the UK.

> Not that it matters at this point.....
> The Zivco Edge is a 540 and the one Vicki was flying was a loaner.
> AFAIK, the US team members did not bring their own aircraft.....
> which could be a subject for another day.
>
> Barnyard BOb - longtime friend and fellow Missourian

Yep, I heard that it wasn't her plane and that was not uncommon when
performing overseas. Has anyone seen anything yet on what might have
been the cause?

Google