PDA

View Full Version : ellison carb

Philippe[_2_]
August 25th 09, 11:54 AM
Hello,

Ellison claims the Ellison Throttle Body Injector need a heating box.
Some users say they never experiment any carb icing.

My question: is any ellison user experiment a TBI carb icing?

Thanks
--
Philippe Vessaire ҿӬ

Stealth Pilot[_3_]
August 25th 09, 02:39 PM
On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 12:54:44 +0200, Philippe >
wrote:

>Hello,
>
> Ellison claims the Ellison Throttle Body Injector need a heating box.
>Some users say they never experiment any carb icing.
>
>My question: is any ellison user experiment a TBI carb icing?
>

>Thanks

phillipe
the word you needed was experience

has any ellison user experienced throttle body carb icing?

(you can say rude words in french now :-) )
Stealth Pilot

Ron Webb
August 25th 09, 04:02 PM
Use the heat box!

I had an experimental with an io360. Had a tendancy in certain weather
conditions to cut out during takeoff. You'd be at a couple hundred feet, and
it'd either start to miss, or just outright stop. Very embarassing. Happened
more than once.

Turned out that if the air temp was about 70F with high humidity, it was
icing up. The low pressure point in the airflow was right at the fuel
delivery bar. I put a temp sensor there and saw 22F at that point. Remember
the gas law: PV=NRT. As pressure goes down, temperature goes down. It works.

Put in a heat box. Make sure it works. There is supposed to be 90F of change
in temp with the heat in. Use it on takeoff.

"Philippe" > wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Ellison claims the Ellison Throttle Body Injector need a heating box.
> Some users say they never experiment any carb icing.
>
> My question: is any ellison user experiment a TBI carb icing?
>

> Thanks
> --
> Philippe Vessaire ҿӬ

August 26th 09, 01:41 AM
wrote:

>Hello,
>
> Ellison claims the Ellison Throttle Body Injector need a heating box.
>Some users say they never experiment any carb icing.
>
>My question: is any ellison user experiment a TBI carb icing?
>

>Thanks

In Canada they are required by law unless you can demonstrate icing is
impossible.

Google