PDA

View Full Version : A thought about the F-15 photos...

Canuck[_8_]
August 25th 09, 07:27 PM
There isn't really anything that great about them. In fact they could have
been much better had I not been pressed for time.... but... there is one
outstanding thing about them.

There is a little boy and his Dad talking to the pilot of the F-15 there.
The little guy had the same wide eyed expression on his face as I must have
had as a kid when I first discovered airplanes and flying. I'm willing to
bet his fascination with aircraft and aviation carried over into adulthood
and perhaps he is even contemplating a career in aviation at this moment.

Nick

Jacques[_2_]
August 26th 09, 01:46 AM
Nick!

My friend, what you have just said, is so true. For me, it was my dad who
was a flight engineer flying in various types of aircraft at the time when
the "DEW LINE" radar stations were going up . . .

He even brought me along on a couple of trips delivering food, parts,
construction material, passengers, and other things that made life in the
north worth while . . .

Quite an experience, I must say.

Thanks for sharing

Jacques

"Canuck" > wrote in message
> There isn't really anything that great about them. In fact they could have
> been much better had I not been pressed for time.... but... there is one
> outstanding thing about them.
>
> There is a little boy and his Dad talking to the pilot of the F-15 there.
> The little guy had the same wide eyed expression on his face as I must
> have had as a kid when I first discovered airplanes and flying. I'm
> willing to bet his fascination with aircraft and aviation carried over
> into adulthood and perhaps he is even contemplating a career in aviation
> at this moment.
>
> Nick

Canuck[_8_]
August 26th 09, 03:24 AM
"Jacques" > wrote in message
> Nick!
>
> My friend, what you have just said, is so true. For me, it was my dad who
> was a flight engineer flying in various types of aircraft at the time when
> the "DEW LINE" radar stations were going up . . .
>
> He even brought me along on a couple of trips delivering food, parts,
> construction material, passengers, and other things that made life in the
> north worth while . . .
>
> Quite an experience, I must say.
>
> Thanks for sharing
>
> Jacques

Hi Jacques! For me, it was a vacation trip. I was only 3 at the time and my
folks took me on a flight from Zagreb to the Adriatic Coast. It was quite
amazing. The aircraft was a Convair turboprop. I tried to find out the model
just recently.... I'm thinking it was probably a 440. The flight was fairly
short but it was a very big deal for me walking up to the aircraft and
getting onboard and then deplaning at the end of the flight. In those days,
there were no jet tubes from the terminal. You got to walk up to the
aircraft and climb onboard. A few years later, I hopped on a DC-9 and then a
stretch DC-8 and here I am. For an airplane junkie, I completely overdosed
when we got to London. Heathrow was packed with aircraft I had never heard
of let alone seen. So many airlines. So many different aircraft. Pan Am
747s. HUGE! The Air Canada DC-8 was a 63 series with a fantastic crew and
service..... something that is COMPLETELY lacking today. This whole bus in
the sky thing has gotten out of hand. Now, Ryanair wants to charge for the
toilet. RIDICULOUS! Can you imagine?

Flight Attendant: "Sir, you have to pay to use the toilet."
Passenger: "I don't have any money."
Flight Attendant: "Can you hold it for 3 hours or so?"
Passenger: "I think I'll just use this corner by the bulkhead."

Your experience with your Dad sounds really neat.

Take care,

Nick

> "Canuck" > wrote in message
>> There isn't really anything that great about them. In fact they could
>> have been much better had I not been pressed for time.... but... there is
>> one outstanding thing about them.
>>
>> There is a little boy and his Dad talking to the pilot of the F-15 there.
>> The little guy had the same wide eyed expression on his face as I must
>> have had as a kid when I first discovered airplanes and flying. I'm
>> willing to bet his fascination with aircraft and aviation carried over
>> into adulthood and perhaps he is even contemplating a career in aviation
>> at this moment.
>>
>> Nick

Google