-   Owning (http://www.aviationbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   ZAON XRX Problem (http://www.aviationbanter.com/showthread.php?t=78604)

Steve - KDMW April 12th 08 03:23 AM

ZAON XRX Problem

Anyone seen this?...

I have a new XRX that I've flown with about 10 times now. Today, when
I turned
it on, all I got on the display was a light gray solid square. It
never got as
far as the ZAON splash screen. The audio went through a sequence of
two beeps
and "test". Beep beep "test", beep beep "test" over and over again. It
did this
about ten times and then the audio faded away. It didn't stop
suddenly, but
faded to nothingness.

Steve
PA28-151
KDMW

[email protected] April 12th 08 05:09 PM

ZAON XRX Problem

On Apr 11, 8:23*pm, Steve - KDMW wrote:
Anyone seen this?...

I have a new XRX that I've flown with about 10 times now. Today, when
I turned

Good thing it has a warranty, huh? Other than this, Mrs Lincoln,
how do you like it?

Bill Hale, Loveland CO

Morgans[_2_] April 12th 08 07:03 PM

ZAON XRX Problem

"Steve - KDMW" wrote

I have a new XRX that I've flown with about 10 times now. Today, when
I turned
it on, all I got on the display was a light gray solid square. It
never got as
far as the ZAON splash screen.

Sounds like something broke and let all of the magic smoke out from the
inside of the magic box.

Start proceeding on warranty claims.
--
Jim in NC

G. Paleologopoulos April 12th 08 09:16 PM

ΑΠ: ZAON XRX Problem

"Morgans" wrote

"Steve - KDMW" wrote

I have a new XRX that I've flown with about 10 times now. Today, when
I turned
it on, all I got on the display was a light gray solid square. It
never got as
far as the ZAON splash screen.

Sounds like something broke and let all of the magic smoke out from the
inside of the magic box.

Start proceeding on warranty claims.

Batteries and/or power cabling was checked, right??

Steve - KDMW April 13th 08 03:13 AM

ΑΠ: ZAON XRX Problem

On Apr 12, 4:16*pm, "G. Paleologopoulos"
wrote:
"Morgans" ....

"Steve - KDMW" wrote

I have a new XRX that I've flown with about 10 times now. Today, when
I turned
it on, all I got on the display was a light gray solid square. It
never got as
far as the ZAON splash screen.

Sounds like something broke and let all of the magic smoke out from the
inside of the magic box.

Start proceeding on warranty claims.

Batteries and/or power cabling was checked, right??

Yeah, I pretty much tried everything. I was hoping I got it in some
funky mode, but I don't think so. I guess I'll get an RMA number and
send it in.

G. Paleologopoulos April 13th 08 09:08 AM

ZAON XRX Problem

"Steve - KDMW" wrote

On Apr 12, 4:16 pm, "G. Paleologopoulos"
wrote:
"Morgans"

"Steve - KDMW" wrote

I have a new XRX that I've flown with about 10 times now. Today, when
I turned
it on, all I got on the display was a light gray solid square. It
never got as
far as the ZAON splash screen.

Sounds like something broke and let all of the magic smoke out from the
inside of the magic box.

Start proceeding on warranty claims.

Batteries and/or power cabling was checked, right??

Yeah, I pretty much tried everything. I was hoping I got it in some
funky mode, but I don't think so. I guess I'll get an RMA number and
send it in.

I sent my XRX back to them from Greece, no less, for a version update.
They were instantaneous in their comunications, however they kept the unit a
bit longer than estimated.
A vey good experience all-in-all.

Mike Noel April 13th 08 10:55 PM

ZAON XRX Problem

I got an XRX about 6 months ago and hooked it into my 496 for audio warnings
from bitching betty. She regularly calls out traffic I would not have
noticed otherwise.
Their service reps are very good about answering questions.
--
Best Regards,
Mike

http://photoshow.comcast.net/mikenoel