-   Home Built (http://www.aviationbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   I want to build the most EVIL plane EVER !!! (http://www.aviationbanter.com/showthread.php?t=33403)

Eliot Coweye November 25th 05 03:10 AM

I want to build the most EVIL plane EVER !!!

Can you tell me what parts do I need to create a truly EVIL plane from
hell???

Stealth Pilot November 25th 05 12:47 PM

I want to build the most EVIL plane EVER !!!

On 24 Nov 2005 19:10:04 -0800, "Eliot Coweye"
wrote:

Can you tell me what parts do I need to create a truly EVIL plane from
hell???

I'm sorry you've been pipped at the post.
the most evil aircraft is being built in the hangar two down from
mine. lots of 4130 tube, sheet and a tig welder.
thousand horsepower russian radial and lots of Antonov 2 bits in
hangars around the place all for it.

a 70 foot wingspan experimental aircraft.

the bench he's building it on is bigger than my aircraft!
Stealth Pilot

Morgans November 25th 05 02:18 PM

I want to build the most EVIL plane EVER !!!

"Stealth Pilot" wrote

the most evil aircraft is being built in the hangar two down from
mine. lots of 4130 tube, sheet and a tig welder.
thousand horsepower russian radial and lots of Antonov 2 bits in
hangars around the place all for it.

a 70 foot wingspan experimental aircraft.

the bench he's building it on is bigger than my aircraft!

Ooooh! Tell us more! Will it look like an AN-2?
--
Jim in NC

Flyingmonk November 25th 05 10:37 PM

I want to build the most EVIL plane EVER !!!

Can you tell me what parts do I need to create a truly EVIL plane from hell???

OK, first you get a mini500 and... Oh never mind.

wright1902glider November 25th 05 11:11 PM

I want to build the most EVIL plane EVER !!!

FOO--EL ! (2 sylibles for emphysis) Every evil genius knows that to
have a truly evil flying machine, it must be a dirigable ....with a
pipe-organ. I'd call Wick's. Organs in the white building, aircraft
parts in the yellow building... just across the street. Oh yea, they
can also hook you up with some bitchin' custom furniture for your
flyin' shag-palace of Doom!

Harry "my plane's not evil, but its hauler-trailer is" Frey
Wright Brothers Enterprises

"Stealth Pilot" wrote

Morgans November 26th 05 03:06 AM

I want to build the most EVIL plane EVER !!!

"wright1902glider" wrote

FOO--EL ! (2 sylibles for emphysis) Every evil genius knows that to
have a truly evil flying machine, it must be a dirigable

Wellllll, maybe so, but I was interested in a homebuilt with a 70 foot
wingspan. If that ever shows up at OSH, I may have to end up helping to
push it, and that would be worse (heavier) than the (VK-30??) Cirrus
brother's earlier airplane that I helped push a few years ago. That was in
rain softened ground, too.

We pushed it out down an isle that had so little wigtip clearance, that I
had to put my hand between the spinner of another plane, and the wing, to
keep them from scratching each other.

See, I'll glaadly sacrifice my body, even for someone else's plane! g
--
Jim in NC

Darrel Toepfer November 26th 05 03:34 AM

I want to build the most EVIL plane EVER !!!

Crosspost to: brasil.unix deleted.
Morgans wrote:

Wellllll, maybe so, but I was interested in a homebuilt with a 70 foot
wingspan. If that ever shows up at OSH, I may have to end up helping to
push it, and that would be worse (heavier) than the (VK-30??) Cirrus
brother's earlier airplane that I helped push a few years ago. That was in
rain softened ground, too.

Theres one in Winnsboro, La. awaiting completion of a turboprop
conversion... Airstair door sure makes for ease of entry/exit...

John Ousterhout November 26th 05 03:41 AM

Eliot Coweye wrote:
Can you tell me what parts do I need to create a truly EVIL plane from
hell???

See: http://www.bd5.com/

- J.O.-

Morgans November 26th 05 06:08 AM

I want to build the most EVIL plane EVER !!!

"Darrel Toepfer" wrote

Theres one in Winnsboro, La. (VK-30) awaiting completion of a turboprop
conversion... Airstair door sure makes for ease of entry/exit...

Thanks for deleting that cross post. I have to admit, I forget to look for
cross posts in the replies, most of the time.

I'll bet that will be sweet. What engine, and Shaft HP?

It is a neat looking plane. I have never heard a PIREP on how it handles,
or performs. All I remember is how big and heavy it was, but that was
because I was pushing it! g
--
Jim in NC

Morgans November 26th 05 07:19 AM

I want to build the most EVIL plane EVER !!!

"Darrel Toepfer" wrote

Theres one in Winnsboro, La. awaiting completion of a turboprop
conversion...

You know, I'll bet it would do well on a little pair of turbofans on a
couple of pods, a la Adam, too. I wonder how fast it would go?

***********************************
Continuation of reply, after some more digging around:

Seems that the turbo prop testing and conversion was being done on more than
one occasion. http://www.eaa1000.av.org/fltrpts/st50/st50.htm

***********************************
It looks as astronaut David Overmeyer was killed testing aft CG, and lost
control, in a spin. http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/rfovermyer.htm
NTSB report he
http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?ev_id=20001208X05368&key=1

It seems it had some nasty deep stall problems at aft loadings.

***********************************
More on Israviation's putting a PT-6A turboprop, working (at the time)
towards certification:
ST-50 1994 = 5pClwM rg; 500# P&W-Canada PT6A-135/7 pusher; span: 39'0"
length: 26'0" load: 1950# v: x/322/71 range: 1260; ff: 12/7/94 (p: Norman E
Howell) [N50ST]. Based on VK-30, Cirrus and Israviation (Israel)
collaborated on design and development.

**********************************

I don't know if the one you mentioned is related to any of the other
versions or conversions. At any rate, some interesting stuff.

Some questions I never found answers to we

Turbo prop version's speed?

Was it pressurized, in the original, or after the conversion?

I wish the others luck on the conversions. I do hope they do some
aerodynamics work on it, to make it better. (more safe?) It seems like the
inclusion of a spin chute would be helpful, although on a pusher, that might
be tricky.

--
Jim in NC