-   -   The "offical" LXNAV V7 thread (http://www.aviationbanter.com/showthread.php?t=158537)

[email protected] June 8th 12 02:38 AM

The "offical" LXNAV V7 thread

Let the praise and suggestions begin!

Tony[_5_] June 8th 12 04:07 AM

The "offical" LXNAV V7 thread

i suggest a lower price with more features :D

Derek Mackie June 8th 12 02:44 PM

The "offical" LXNAV V7 thread

On Jun 7, 11:07*pm, Tony wrote:
i suggest a lower price with more features :D

On Thursday, June 7, 2012 8:38:43 PM UTC-5, (unknown) wrote:
Let the praise and suggestions begin!

I LOVE mine!

Bruno[_2_] June 8th 12 03:33 PM

The "offical" LXNAV V7 thread

On Jun 7, 7:38*pm, wrote:
Let the praise and suggestions begin!

Just in case someone sees this thread and doesn't know about the first
thread that was hijacked where quite a bit of V7 discussions and
suggestions have already been made, please take a look at:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...4af0bc4e1c338#

I am really enjoying my V7, think it is the most beautiful vario on
the marketplace period, and have been quite impressed with LXNAV's
responsiveness to issues and questions so far. Keep up the good
work! It would be nice to have a singular place provided by LXNAV to
list issues, ask questions and make suggestions. Until then, this
thread will suffice.

Safe soaring,
Bruno - B4

[email protected] June 8th 12 08:43 PM

The "offical" LXNAV V7 thread

Also love mine. Uros was very helpful over the winter getting it working, I assume he'll entertain the ideas you guys have suggested. I tend to set the MC and leave it alone as on all previous Varios. I installed a rocker switch for my V7 SC because I was already accustomed to one. I find the switch helpful for times when you want a vario to shut up, like prior to launch or when you're scratching in dire need of lift.

Bastoune June 27th 12 03:42 AM

The "offical" LXNAV V7 thread

All, I have noticed on the LX Nav website that a new firmware revision V2.0 was released last week for the V7. Do we know what bug fix and/or feature addition was incorporated?

Glen Kelley[_2_] June 27th 12 04:39 AM

The "offical" LXNAV V7 thread

On Tuesday, June 26, 2012 10:42:51 PM UTC-4, Bastoune wrote:
All, I have noticed on the LX Nav website that a new firmware revision V2.0 was released last week for the V7. Do we know what bug fix and/or feature addition was incorporated?

Not really sure, but it appears that the gps signal status indicator has vanished!

Morteza Ansari June 27th 12 07:05 AM

The "offical" LXNAV V7 thread

On Tuesday, June 26, 2012 8:39:34 PM UTC-7, Glen Kelley wrote:
On Tuesday, June 26, 2012 10:42:51 PM UTC-4, Bastoune wrote:
All, I have noticed on the LX Nav website that a new firmware revision V2.0 was released last week for the V7. Do we know what bug fix and/or feature addition was incorporated?

Not really sure, but it appears that the gps signal status indicator has vanished!

From what I have heard:
Bug fixes
Improved needle initialization
Improved averager
Vario calculation and dynamics
Improved smart filter

[email protected] June 27th 12 10:08 PM

The "offical" LXNAV V7 thread

Op woensdag 27 juni 2012 05:39:34 UTC+2 schreef Glen Kelley het volgende:
On Tuesday, June 26, 2012 10:42:51 PM UTC-4, Bastoune wrote:
All, I have noticed on the LX Nav website that a new firmware revision V2.0 was released last week for the V7. Do we know what bug fix and/or feature addition was incorporated?

Not really sure, but it appears that the gps signal status indicator has vanished!

Are you sure the GPS source and the V7 are set at the same baudrate?

Glen Kelley[_2_] June 27th 12 10:37 PM

The "offical" LXNAV V7 thread

On Wednesday, June 27, 2012 5:08:51 PM UTC-4, (unknown) wrote:
Op woensdag 27 juni 2012 05:39:34 UTC+2 schreef Glen Kelley het volgende:
On Tuesday, June 26, 2012 10:42:51 PM UTC-4, Bastoune wrote:
All, I have noticed on the LX Nav website that a new firmware revision V2.0 was released last week for the V7. Do we know what bug fix and/or feature addition was incorporated?

Not really sure, but it appears that the gps signal status indicator has vanished!

Are you sure the GPS source and the V7 are set at the same baudrate?

I did check. The feed from the powerflarm to the v7 and on to Oudie/SYM is working fine. The oudie is definitely using the gps stream from the PF. We were previously getting the gps symbol bad then good as the pf locked on.. Now there is no gps symbol at all on the v7, but the gps data indicates fine on the oudie. Internal gps on the oudie is disabled as backup, so the gps is definitely coming from pf/v7.