-   -   Ah, Cowardice! (http://www.aviationbanter.com/showthread.php?t=284995)

Bob W. April 13th 21 02:26 PM

Ah, Cowardice!

Stronger, apparently, than even skin color...

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...nnesot a.html

Bob W. April 13th 21 02:44 PM

Ah, Cowardice!

On 4/13/21 7:26 AM, Bob W. wrote:
Stronger, apparently, than even skin color...

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...nnesot a.html

Well...shoot! Please excuse the mis-send above.

Bob W.

glidergeek April 13th 21 03:28 PM

Ah, Cowardice!

That's OK Bob, we need to do away with this due process **** (it's just a waste of time) and just get on with the summary executions! Let the games begin!

[email protected] April 14th 21 03:21 AM

Ah, Cowardice!

On Tuesday, April 13, 2021 at 7:28:17 AM UTC-7, Glidergeek wrote:
That's OK Bob, we need to do away with this due process **** (it's just a waste of time) and just get on with the summary executions! Let the games begin!

I believe in due process, but Daunte Wright didn't get it. he was mistakenly(?) executed.

Delta8 April 14th 21 11:39 AM

Dated but good advice .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx12...dTheSpectrum08

bumper[_4_] April 14th 21 09:38 PM

Ah, Cowardice!

On Tuesday, April 13, 2021 at 7:21:20 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Tuesday, April 13, 2021 at 7:28:17 AM UTC-7, Glidergeek wrote:
That's OK Bob, we need to do away with this due process **** (it's just a waste of time) and just get on with the summary executions! Let the games begin!

I believe in due process, but Daunte Wright didn't get it. he was mistakenly(?) executed.

Daunte failed to follow one of life's primary yet simple rules, "Don't be stupid!". If you do what the officer tells you, things will go more smoothly.. Daunte had a warrant out for his arrest for armed robbery, so he decided it was best to resist the officers. Fatal stupid mistake. Sure, cop screwed up too, but that wouldn't have happened if Daunte cooperated.

bumper (former Oakland PD)

noel.wade April 15th 21 02:41 AM

Ah, Cowardice!

On Wednesday, April 14, 2021 at 1:38:37 PM UTC-7, bumper wrote:
On Tuesday, April 13, 2021 at 7:21:20 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Tuesday, April 13, 2021 at 7:28:17 AM UTC-7, Glidergeek wrote:
That's OK Bob, we need to do away with this due process **** (it's just a waste of time) and just get on with the summary executions! Let the games begin!

I believe in due process, but Daunte Wright didn't get it. he was mistakenly(?) executed.

Daunte failed to follow one of life's primary yet simple rules, "Don't be stupid!". If you do what the officer tells you, things will go more smoothly. Daunte had a warrant out for his arrest for armed robbery, so he decided it was best to resist the officers. Fatal stupid mistake. Sure, cop screwed up too, but that wouldn't have happened if Daunte cooperated.

bumper (former Oakland PD)

So the penalty for resisting arrest is "summary execution"?

These aren't binary issues. It can be true that a person shouldn't resist arrest *and* that the officer responded with an inappropriate use of force at the same time.

The whole subject is a complicated, and involves nuanced set of interconnecting issues around socio-economics, race, culture, training and tactics employed by police, and more. Shouting simple statements online isn't going to solve it or improve the situation, or change minds.

--Noel
(Also: ask me how you're treated when you get pulled over and a police dispatcher fat-fingers your license and tells the officers you've got an open warrant for assaulting the police...)

Jordan[_2_] April 15th 21 11:57 AM

Ah, Cowardice!

On Wednesday, April 14, 2021 at 4:38:37 PM UTC-4, bumper wrote:
On Tuesday, April 13, 2021 at 7:21:20 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Tuesday, April 13, 2021 at 7:28:17 AM UTC-7, Glidergeek wrote:
That's OK Bob, we need to do away with this due process **** (it's just a waste of time) and just get on with the summary executions! Let the games begin!

I believe in due process, but Daunte Wright didn't get it. he was mistakenly(?) executed.

Daunte failed to follow one of life's primary yet simple rules, "Don't be stupid!". If you do what the officer tells you, things will go more smoothly. Daunte had a warrant out for his arrest for armed robbery, so he decided it was best to resist the officers. Fatal stupid mistake. Sure, cop screwed up too, but that wouldn't have happened if Daunte cooperated.

bumper (former Oakland PD)

How about the case in VA? The redneck cop literally referenced "ride the lightning." To a soldier in uniform who was requesting a police supervisor, in a very calm tone with his hands visible. All for lack of visible license plate, which was visible under the light once stopped.

Too much first hand experience to believe "do what the cop says and everything will be fine." Sometimes the cops need to remember they exist to enforce the rules. Not make them.

Jordan (Former federal officer)

Mark Mocho April 15th 21 12:18 PM

Ah, Cowardice!

A "Liberal" is a "Conservative" who has been arrested. A "Conservative" is a "Liberal" who has been mugged.

Walt Connelly April 15th 21 05:19 PM

I come from a family of lawyers. I think I have access to just about every well known legal practice except environmental law. I have Tax, Estate, Elder Law, Family Law, Transportation and Aviation law, Criminal Defense, Prosecution, Public Defender, Medical Malpractice, and Real Estate covered and a couple that my brother refers to as "Paper Hangers", (law degree but no practice,) in the extended family.

My brother (lawyer) told me to always do exactly as I was told and if there was something to which you might object, TELL IT TO THE JUDGE.

Walt Connelly
Former Tow Pilot
Now Happy Helicopter Pilot.