-   -   SeeYou and Windows 10 (http://www.aviationbanter.com/showthread.php?t=214182)

Bill T July 15th 15 04:26 AM

SeeYou and Windows 10

Do we know if SeeYou 7.11 is compatible with the new Windows 10?
Has anyone tested it in Beta Mode?

I do not want to update my Win8.1 Notebook to Win10 is there is a problem with SeeYou.

BillT

Dan Marotta July 15th 15 04:35 PM

SeeYou and Windows 10

Interesting question...

I just had a series of problems installing IGC Replay on my Windows 8.1
(64 bit) laptop. Haven't gotten it to work yet.

--
Dan Marotta

Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) July 15th 15 05:01 PM

SeeYou and Windows 10

On Wednesday, July 15, 2015 at 11:35:59 AM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
Interesting question...

I just had a series of problems installing IGC Replay on my Windows
8.1 (64 bit) laptop.* Haven't gotten it to work yet.

On 7/14/2015 9:26 PM, Bill T wrote:

Do we know if SeeYou 7.11 is compatible with the new Windows 10?
Has anyone tested it in Beta Mode?

I do not want to update my Win8.1 Notebook to Win10 is there is a problem with SeeYou.

BillT

--

Dan Marotta

Do the newer flavors of Windows have a "compatibility mode" or "XP emulation" in them?
I know XP had similar to run some "much older" software.

PS, some 64 bit OS's had issues with older 16/32 bit software.

[email protected] July 15th 15 07:58 PM

SeeYou and Windows 10

Why don't you just ask the developers of SeeYou?
They have always been responsive to my requests.

Bill T July 16th 15 02:20 AM

SeeYou and Windows 10

I had to reload IGC Replay on my Win7 machine after Google Eath changed their software. I have not tried it with Win8.1. That machine crawls and it came with Win8. I'm hoping Win10 will wake it up.

Maybe if SeeYou and Oudie Updater and IGC would only run on Linux. I've got an old netbook running Linux Mint. It's a small screen for planning tasks, but it would be easier to take on trips.

BillT

Darryl Ramm July 16th 15 07:16 AM

SeeYou and Windows 10

On Tuesday, July 14, 2015 at 8:26:57 PM UTC-7, Bill T wrote:
Do we know if SeeYou 7.11 is compatible with the new Windows 10?
Has anyone tested it in Beta Mode?

I do not want to update my Win8.1 Notebook to Win10 is there is a problem with SeeYou.

BillT

It seems to work OK. (SeeYou 7.11 on Windows 10 Pro Evalaution build 10162 running on VMware Fusion) But either way the final bits are not released quite yet and even if it was I'd not rush to upgrade a 'production system'. Ideally your notebook has a large enough drive you can set up two boot partitions and test it for a while yourself... quaint to think people still run Windows on native hardware :-)

Dan Marotta July 16th 15 04:03 PM

SeeYou and Windows 10

My Dell laptop is 7-8 years old, originally came with Vista, and was
beginning to slow down. I installed a 420 GB solid state drive and it
blazed to new life, though still slow by today's standards due to the
slow boot up protocol. For that reason I installed Win 8.1 and now it's
unbelievably fast (to me). Maybe a solid state disk
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-2-5-Inch-Internal-MZ-75E500B-AM/dp/B00OBRE5UE/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1437058890&sr=1-1&keywords=solid+state+drive
is in your future if you don't already have one. I plan to upgrade to
Win 10 before troubleshooting the application glitches that came with
switching to Win 8.1.

David Kinsell[_2_] July 17th 15 04:01 AM

SeeYou and Windows 10

If I had a laptop with Vista or 8 on it, and wanted to run soaring
software, I would immediately wipe it and install Win7. Is there any
Windoze software out there that doesn't run on 7? Don't understand all
this excessive salivation over an unknown like 10.

To get real work done, install a good Linux in a dual boot
configuration. There's other options, but tend to not be as stable as
dual-boot.

-Dave

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-2-5-In...75E500B-AM/dp/