AviationBanter

AviationBanter (http://www.aviationbanter.com/index.php)
-   Soaring (http://www.aviationbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Flarmview versus Flarmview 57 (http://www.aviationbanter.com/showthread.php?t=258677)

[email protected] July 19th 19 03:58 PM

Flarmview versus Flarmview 57
 
I'm interested in purchasing a Flarmcore soon and I'm curious which of the displays would work best. I have a spare 57mm hole in the panel now, so the Flarmview 57 seems to be the simplest installation. I'm curious if having the extra buttons on the original Flarmview make this device easier to use in flight.

Thoughts?

Michael "8U"

kinsell July 19th 19 04:10 PM

Flarmview versus Flarmview 57
 
On 7/19/19 8:58 AM, wrote:
I'm interested in purchasing a Flarmcore soon and I'm curious which of the displays would work best. I have a spare 57mm hole in the panel now, so the Flarmview 57 seems to be the simplest installation. I'm curious if having the extra buttons on the original Flarmview make this device easier to use in flight.

Thoughts?

Michael "8U"


I've got the rectangular one, not impressed with it. Too small to read
easily, very glossy such that it reflects whatever is on my chest. Also
it's the only polarized display I have, limiting what sunglasses you can
wear.

Richard Pfiffner[_2_] July 19th 19 04:47 PM

Flarmview versus Flarmview 57
 
Michael


There are variety of Flarm Displays the new LXNAV TrafficView is an big improvement over the Flarmview. The LXANV TrafficView also includes navigation.

http://www.craggyaero.com/lxnav_accessories.htm


Air-Avionics also has a very nice display.

http://www.craggyaero.com/air_traffic_display.htm

Richard
www.craggyaero.com


[email protected] July 20th 19 02:25 PM

Flarmview versus Flarmview 57
 
On Friday, July 19, 2019 at 8:58:25 AM UTC-6, wrote:
I'm interested in purchasing a Flarmcore soon and I'm curious which of the displays would work best. I have a spare 57mm hole in the panel now, so the Flarmview 57 seems to be the simplest installation. I'm curious if having the extra buttons on the original Flarmview make this device easier to use in flight.

Thoughts?

Michael "8U"


I've had both, and settled with the Flarmview57. Fits in panel and I have had no issues reading the screen. I do wear glasses , no problems.

Matt Herron Jr. July 20th 19 03:45 PM

Flarmview versus Flarmview 57
 
On Friday, July 19, 2019 at 7:58:25 AM UTC-7, wrote:
I'm interested in purchasing a Flarmcore soon and I'm curious which of the displays would work best. I have a spare 57mm hole in the panel now, so the Flarmview 57 seems to be the simplest installation. I'm curious if having the extra buttons on the original Flarmview make this device easier to use in flight.

Thoughts?

Michael "8U"


I jus flew for a week with the new LXNAV traffic monitor, and that's what I would recommend. Flarmview and flarmview 57 have the same size screen. I came to hate my Flarmview and it's interface.

Andrzej Kobus July 20th 19 09:05 PM

Flarmview versus Flarmview 57
 
On Saturday, July 20, 2019 at 9:25:48 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Friday, July 19, 2019 at 8:58:25 AM UTC-6, wrote:
I'm interested in purchasing a Flarmcore soon and I'm curious which of the displays would work best. I have a spare 57mm hole in the panel now, so the Flarmview 57 seems to be the simplest installation. I'm curious if having the extra buttons on the original Flarmview make this device easier to use in flight.

Thoughts?

Michael "8U"


I've had both, and settled with the Flarmview57. Fits in panel and I have had no issues reading the screen. I do wear glasses , no problems.


I have been flying with the 57mm version for a number of years. I strictly use it for traffic awareness, nothing else. Readability is good.

kinsell July 21st 19 03:23 AM

Flarmview versus Flarmview 57
 
On 7/20/19 8:45 AM, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:
On Friday, July 19, 2019 at 7:58:25 AM UTC-7, wrote:
I'm interested in purchasing a Flarmcore soon and I'm curious which of the displays would work best. I have a spare 57mm hole in the panel now, so the Flarmview 57 seems to be the simplest installation. I'm curious if having the extra buttons on the original Flarmview make this device easier to use in flight.

Thoughts?

Michael "8U"


I jus flew for a week with the new LXNAV traffic monitor, and that's what I would recommend. Flarmview and flarmview 57 have the same size screen. I came to hate my Flarmview and it's interface.


Was that the 57 or 80 mm version of Traffic Monitor that you were using?

Matt Herron Jr. July 22nd 19 07:53 AM

Flarmview versus Flarmview 57
 
On Saturday, July 20, 2019 at 7:23:13 PM UTC-7, kinsell wrote:
On 7/20/19 8:45 AM, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:
On Friday, July 19, 2019 at 7:58:25 AM UTC-7, wrote:
I'm interested in purchasing a Flarmcore soon and I'm curious which of the displays would work best. I have a spare 57mm hole in the panel now, so the Flarmview 57 seems to be the simplest installation. I'm curious if having the extra buttons on the original Flarmview make this device easier to use in flight.

Thoughts?

Michael "8U"


I jus flew for a week with the new LXNAV traffic monitor, and that's what I would recommend. Flarmview and flarmview 57 have the same size screen.. I came to hate my Flarmview and it's interface.


Was that the 57 or 80 mm version of Traffic Monitor that you were using?


57mm. And yes, they need t work on making certain parameters bigger and bolder for the57mm version. But all n all, way better than the flarmview.

Dan Marotta July 22nd 19 04:53 PM

Flarmview versus Flarmview 57
 
Looking at the specs for the Flarmview and the FV57 I see that they have
the same pixel count.* So what makes one better over the other?

On 7/22/2019 12:53 AM, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:
On Saturday, July 20, 2019 at 7:23:13 PM UTC-7, kinsell wrote:
On 7/20/19 8:45 AM, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:
On Friday, July 19, 2019 at 7:58:25 AM UTC-7, wrote:
I'm interested in purchasing a Flarmcore soon and I'm curious which of the displays would work best. I have a spare 57mm hole in the panel now, so the Flarmview 57 seems to be the simplest installation. I'm curious if having the extra buttons on the original Flarmview make this device easier to use in flight.

Thoughts?

Michael "8U"
I jus flew for a week with the new LXNAV traffic monitor, and that's what I would recommend. Flarmview and flarmview 57 have the same size screen. I came to hate my Flarmview and it's interface.

Was that the 57 or 80 mm version of Traffic Monitor that you were using?

57mm. And yes, they need t work on making certain parameters bigger and bolder for the57mm version. But all n all, way better than the flarmview.


--
Dan, 5J

kinsell July 23rd 19 05:21 AM

Flarmview versus Flarmview 57
 
I think you're a bit confused. The Flarmview and Flarmview 57 are very
similar products, with the same display. Matt was talking about Traffic
Monitor in the 57 mm version, which has a much brighter display made
with LED's. It would be non-polarized, so you can wear polarized
sunglasses with it. Hopefully with a better UI than what's on the FV
products.

I've been considering the 80 mm version of TM, but will probably spring
for the S80 Club to pick up variometer functions on a similar traffic
display.

Dave



On 7/22/19 9:53 AM, Dan Marotta wrote:
Looking at the specs for the Flarmview and the FV57 I see that they have
the same pixel count.* So what makes one better over the other?

On 7/22/2019 12:53 AM, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:
On Saturday, July 20, 2019 at 7:23:13 PM UTC-7, kinsell wrote:
On 7/20/19 8:45 AM, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:
On Friday, July 19, 2019 at 7:58:25 AM UTC-7, wrote:
I'm interested in purchasing a Flarmcore soon and I'm curious which
of the displays would work best.* I have a spare 57mm hole in the
panel now, so the Flarmview 57 seems to be the simplest
installation.* I'm curious if having the extra buttons on the
original Flarmview make this device easier to use in flight.

Thoughts?

Michael "8U"
I jus flew for a week with the new LXNAV traffic monitor, and that's
what I would recommend.* Flarmview and flarmview 57 have the same
size screen.* I came to hate my Flarmview and it's interface.

Was that the 57 or 80 mm version of Traffic Monitor that you were using?

57mm.* And yes, they need t work on making certain parameters bigger
and bolder for the57mm version.* But all n all, way better than the
flarmview.





All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
AviationBanter.com