-   Home Built (http://www.aviationbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   HomeBuilt English Wheel (http://www.aviationbanter.com/showthread.php?t=2738)

BillC85 September 26th 04 02:48 PM

HomeBuilt English Wheel

To All,

Built this in my shop yesterday.

http://www.roddingroundtable.com/tec.../12ewheel.html

Total parts cost was right about $47.00 and total time to build was eight
hours. I deviated a little from the plans because I didn't have some of the
stuff laying around (the telescoping steering shaft). Consequently my lower
wheel adjustment is a little crude but it works.

The bearings were more than half the cost. The steel was less than eight
bucks. I used #8 hardness bolts throughout and gas welded the whole thing
up.

I think it's going to work ok. I made a fender for my wife's bike last
night. Of course it started out as a windshield faring for the Cassutt but
who's counting?

Bill, wheeling for dollars, C85

Rich S. September 26th 04 04:53 PM

"BillC85" wrote in message
To All,

Built this in my shop yesterday.

http://www.roddingroundtable.com/tec.../12ewheel.html

Neat project, Bill.

Rich S.

Del Rawlins September 27th 04 07:36 AM

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 08:48:18 -0500, "BillC85"
wrote:

To All,

Built this in my shop yesterday.

http://www.roddingroundtable.com/tec.../12ewheel.html

Total parts cost was right about $47.00 and total time to build was eight
hours.

Brilliant. Thanks a bunch for the link!

Del Rawlins--
Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website: