-   General Aviation (http://www.aviationbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Aviation magazines for sale (http://www.aviationbanter.com/showthread.php?t=27020)

Eh.Gee. March 31st 05 05:39 AM

Aviation magazines for sale

I'm helping a friend sell his collection of aviation magazines. Haven't
finished cataloguing them yet but here are the titles. There are about
300 in total, dated 2000 to early 2005 and in like-new condition. Most
are newsstand bought so the covers are free of address labels:

Airways (A Global Review of Commercial Flight)
Published monthly

Air Pictorial/Aviation News
Published monthly

Combat Aircraft (The World's Top Military Aviation Magazine)
Published 6 times per year

Airliner World (The Global Airline Scene)
Published monthly

AirForces Monthly (The World's Leading Military Aviation Magazine)
Published monthly

Aircraft Illustrated
Published monthly

Air International (A More Informed Read)
Published monthly

Aviation Week & Space Technology
Published weekly

Flight International
Published weekly

Overhaul & Maintenance
Published: 10 issues per year

QUESTIONS:

1) New they cost about $3100 CAN (about $2600 US). He's asking $950 CAN
(about $790 US). Is this a fair market price?

2) Which newsgroups are best for selling aviation magazines?

3) He doesn't want to use Ebay (doesn't trust it). How much is he
limiting his market without using Ebay.

4) He prefers to sell locally (Toronto, Canada) to avoid packaging and
shipping. Any tips for selling in or near Toronto?

Any other ideas and suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

Arne

torontophoto AT gmail DOT com

Bob Fry March 31st 05 03:08 PM

"Eh.Gee." writes:

3) He doesn't want to use Ebay (doesn't trust it). How much is he
limiting his market without using Ebay.

It's usually the buyers on Ebay who must beware, right? The seller
doesn't ship the goods until they have their payment.

Nothing older than yesterday's news.

motormouth95 July 26th 11 07:14 AM

I wish i lived in Canada for that reason.

harrywindson October 17th 11 07:14 PM

There is a good news for people having interest in reading as there is a sale in
aviation magazine.I hope you will buy it soon.This will help you to know more about aircraft.