WANTED: Tow Out Gear and Wing Stands by David Shelton[_2_]
I'm looking for used tow out gear and wing stands. This is for use with a Pik-20E.
Today 04:51 AM
by Clay Thomas Go to last post
6 57 Soaring
CAUTION - Active Scam Attempt on W&W Classifieds by Sean Franke
Scams occur in every corner and attempts at Wings & Wheels classifieds are not exempt. I feel it's important to make you aware of the scam that surfaced yesterday. We received over a dozen calls regarding a person who calls himself Michael Diaz (no doubt not his real name). If you have an active...
Today 04:38 AM
by Clay Thomas Go to last post
3 34 Soaring
Felt by Jay Campbell
Many of you use, or could use, felt for lots of things in your trailers (fitments, pads), your dollies, wing stands (maybe). I know that over the years, felt has been a part of every one of my winter's project list. I used to have an industrial supplier "down the street" and got off-cuts from him...
Pilot Schedule: Excellent soaring club scheduling and communication service by Bret Hess
After a lot of research last winter Utah Soaring Association switched our glider scheduling and communications (email) software to Pilot Schedule (pilotschedule.com). The support has been great ... they have added features we needed. The cost is less than we were paying before for our old...
Today 03:36 AM
by Bret Hess Go to last post
0 7 Soaring
Best Overall Motorglider available today? by Nick Kennedy[_3_]
Didn't want to hijack the current FES tread so I thought I'd start a new one. This topic came up over dinner a couple of weeks ago. When you add all the following into a pot and stir, whats the "Best" Say for Western Great Basin flying. I think it may be the Carat, but I don't know much about...
by 2G Go to last post
49 112 Soaring
FES underpowered for 18m ship? by Mana
I just had a chat with a fellow pilot whose friend sold his LAK 17b FES because he was disappointed by the ability of the FES to gain altitude. The problem being that when applying sufficient power to gain altitude, the battery would get warm to the point where the controller shuts the motor down....
by 2G Go to last post
50 125 Soaring
Powersonic "Smart Battery" tested by jfitch
It seems like a nice concept and I was recommending others try so I thought I should too. https://www.power-sonic.com/batteries/lithium-bluetooth-series/ I bought the 12120 which is 12.5AH to replace my StarkPower 12AH (which after 6 years use still tests at 11.9 AH). The Powersonic is available...
by 2G Go to last post
42 205 Soaring
Hero, Garmin or OTHER? by [email protected]
Reading the dismal (I'm being kind) reviews of the latest Hero Gopro I'm looking at alternatives. Kind of. Has anybody settled on an alternative? So far what I've seen either desaturates color or has reliability issues. (Read=this is NOT an endorsement of Garmin OR GoPro.). Thanks for any...
Today 12:44 AM
by Martin Gregorie[_6_] Go to last post
4 29 Soaring
Paraglider pilot missing in eastern Nevada by 2G
He flew with two other paragliders last Saturday and hasn't been heard from since: https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/local-nevada/infrared-tech-used-in-hunt-for-paraglider-pilot-missing-in-nevada-2104357/ This is very unforgiving country to be flying over. You can walk for an entire day and not...
Cleaning old bugs by cuflyer
What's the best (safest) way to get year-old bugs off a gel wing? I tried searching old posts, but I kept getting kicked out for some reason. TIA, Tim
Today 12:15 AM
by Dan Marotta Go to last post
7 36 Soaring
Ventus C Owners by [email protected]
I'm a relatively new owner of N571RD, Ventus C S/N 355 and would like to know other owners to ask the occasional question. Please respond - maybe we can set up a sub-group.
Yesterday 07:45 PM
by John Galloway[_2_] Go to last post
2 17 Soaring
Solution manual Fundamentals of Structural Mechanics (2nd Ed., keithD. Hjelmstad) by Salvatore Milano
List of Solutions Manuals and Test Banks ________________________________________ contact to : mattosbw1(at)gmail.com
Yesterday 07:28 PM
by Salvatore Milano Go to last post
0 10 Home Built
Solution Manual A Kinetic View of Statistical Physics (Pavel L.Krapivsky, Sidney Redner, Eli Ben-Naim) by Salvatore Milano
Solutions Manuals & Test Banks _______________________________ contact to : mattosbw1(at)gmail.com
Yesterday 07:27 PM
by Salvatore Milano Go to last post
0 8 Home Built
Solution manual Classical Fourier Analysis (3rd Ed., Loukas Grafakos) by Salvatore Milano
List of Solutions Manuals and Test Banks ________________________________________ contact to : mattosbw1(at)gmail.com
Yesterday 07:26 PM
by Salvatore Milano Go to last post
0 10 Home Built
Another E glider concept by Jonathan St. Cloud
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIYU2zkGQFQ
by Jon Hill Go to last post