Search: Posts made by: B A R R Y[_1_]
Forum: Owning October 24th 06, 03:46 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By B A R R Y[_1_]
Garmin 396 Reception Problems - Again

Doug Vetter wrote:

I've noticed that when my unit goes deaf, switching antennas from the
external "hockey puck" unit to the stubby vertical has no effect so we
may be talking about the...
Forum: Piloting October 24th 06, 12:57 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By B A R R Y[_1_]
Owner's poll

Mxsmanic wrote:
If you own your own aircraft, could you discuss:

1. The make and model.

1/2 of clean '76 Beech C23 Sundowner with a nice panel and radio stack.

2. Whether you bought it new...
Forum: Piloting October 24th 06, 12:38 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By B A R R Y[_1_]
My First Solo X-Country

Timmay wrote:
Good job on the solo x/c. That's what flying's all about, GOING
SOMEWHERE! Good luck with the rest of your training...it just keeps
getting better!

I always enjoy first solo...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules October 24th 06, 12:23 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By B A R R Y[_1_]
GPS vs ADF

Michael wrote:
B A R R Y wrote:
I'm not sure that's true. I find that those without an engineering
background find it counterintuitive and need a lot of time to get used
to it. At...
Forum: Piloting October 23rd 06, 08:28 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By B A R R Y[_1_]
Mxs wins.

Blanche wrote:

A decade. Hm...that's when they started selling computers at
the grocery store. Pick your color and price, no need to read the
back of the box for the instructions.

Are you...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules October 23rd 06, 08:20 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By B A R R Y[_1_]
GPS vs ADF

Michael wrote:

I'm not sure that's true. I find that those without an engineering
background find it counterintuitive and need a lot of time to get used
to it. At least that has been my...
Forum: Piloting October 23rd 06, 01:38 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By B A R R Y[_1_]
Are autopilots allowed for IFR training?

Ron Natalie wrote:
Morgans wrote:
\

Other than the fact that he is slowly destroying this group?

Posh. Half the time what he starts ends up a fairly reasonable
discusssion (other...
Forum: Piloting October 20th 06, 12:35 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By B A R R Y[_1_]
737 Replacement

Bob Noel wrote:

A lot of stuff on Boeing aircraft aren't Boeing products.

A lot of stuff on a lot aircraft of any brand name aren't the same brand
name as the aircraft. G
Forum: Piloting October 19th 06, 11:46 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By B A R R Y[_1_]
MXSMANIC - The posts don't add up

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:

I'm already rolling in cash. I'm a registered nurse, remember? We're in very
high demand where I live.

I think you're in demand all over the US.

How do you...
Forum: Piloting October 17th 06, 07:10 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By B A R R Y[_1_]
A/FD is online

Roy Smith wrote:

I'm waiting for the day I can download 100LL over the net.

MXMANIC has that ability. G
Forum: Piloting October 17th 06, 07:02 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By B A R R Y[_1_]
A/FD is online

Gary Drescher wrote:
I just noticed that NACO now has the A/FD online (along with the TPPs):
http://www.naco.faa.gov/index.asp?xml=naco/online/d_afd

Thanks for the great tip!
Forum: Piloting October 17th 06, 01:48 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By B A R R Y[_1_]
Broken P lead?

Steve Foley wrote:
Fuel is supplied by the black
cable that plugs into the wall. Simply pull that plug, and your plane will
shut down.

Install a Variac, so the computer mixture can be...
Forum: Owning October 17th 06, 12:17 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By B A R R Y[_1_]
Long term storage

Michelle P wrote:

So when is concrete considered ground?

When it's part of a joke?
Forum: Piloting October 17th 06, 12:12 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By B A R R Y[_1_]
East River turning radius

Andrew Gideon wrote:

It wasn't *stolen*. It was downloaded from Napster.

I heard the Ferengi ran a peer-to-peer network, ruleofacquisition155.com
Forum: Piloting October 17th 06, 12:05 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By B A R R Y[_1_]
ATC speed instructions, wind and altimeter indications

Greg Farris wrote:

Difference between you and him is that you don't come here to insult and
manipulate people, then laugh behind their backs while they fall for the
trick in their desire to...
Forum: Owning October 16th 06, 06:32 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By B A R R Y[_1_]
Long term storage

karl gruber wrote:
Old wives tale!

I always thought it was a ball-busting attempt.

You're "grounding" the battery, which will ruin it! G
Forum: Piloting October 16th 06, 12:10 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By B A R R Y[_1_]
MXSMANIC - The posts don't add up

Greg Farris wrote:

Outside of Paris, France is a very agricultural country - the biggest
agricultural base in Europe. So a statement like the above would tend to peg
you more as a farm...
Forum: Piloting October 16th 06, 12:05 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By B A R R Y[_1_]
Does a Baron 58 have an ejection seat?

Thomas Borchert wrote:

How dare you even try and answer?!

Excellent point.
Forum: Piloting October 16th 06, 12:02 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By B A R R Y[_1_]
Beacons/anticollision lights and engines

Wade Hasbrouck wrote:
Anything to make you stand out and get other people's attention.

I've been known to flip mine on while flying day VFR when converging
traffic is spotted. Anything to help...
Forum: Piloting October 13th 06, 07:59 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By B A R R Y[_1_]
More political BS .... Thanks CNN

gatt wrote:
I thought that was pretty cool of them.

That's because I'm sure it was quite easy for them to do. G

A CNN reporter, Miles O'Brien, owns his own SR20.
Forum: Piloting October 13th 06, 03:50 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By B A R R Y[_1_]
MXSMANIC - The posts don't add up

C. Massey wrote:

If he only made $650 a month, do you think that he could afford a PC,
internet and flight sim?

- A kid living with parents

- A mentally, physically, or combination of...
Forum: Piloting October 13th 06, 03:03 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By B A R R Y[_1_]
Airplane in NYC is a Cirrus SR20

Gary Drescher wrote:
It's just hard to imagine that flying up the East River in the first
place could occur accidentally; you really can't mistake it for the Hudson.

I agree, but the seminar...
Forum: Piloting October 13th 06, 02:26 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By B A R R Y[_1_]
Airplane in NYC is a Cirrus SR20

Gary Drescher wrote:

I don't think so. Lidle had reportedly flown the East River corridor
previously. I've flown past the southern tip of Manhattan many times, and I
can attest that no...
Forum: Piloting October 13th 06, 01:42 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By B A R R Y[_1_]
East River turning radius

Ron Natalie wrote:

What you can do is ask to fly down the
river just above the corridor, inside the class B, which will
require the clearance and provide separation.

That's exactly what I'm...
Forum: Piloting October 13th 06, 01:02 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By B A R R Y[_1_]
TFR announced over New York City

Rick wrote:

Imagine the political fallout if they didn't take action.

Exactly my thought.