soaring on Mars? by Moshe Braner
If there are dust devils there is lift! https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/a-nasa-photo-celebration-of-curiosity-rovers-3000th-day/
Today 02:39 PM
by Martin Gregorie[_6_] Go to last post
6 45 Soaring
Student pilot on tow versus a blimp by kenward1000
Thought about this event recently. Beautiful fall Sunday afternoon in '89, Fremont, CA. I'd earned solo privs for a SGS 2-33, building up time towards the flight test. The 49ers were playing at home, someone is flying passengers around the SF Bay in an ex-Fuji blimp. I hear it's not cheap. ...
Today 09:25 AM
by kenward1000 Go to last post
0 11 Soaring
2021 ChicagoLand Glider Council Seminar - Call for Speakers by John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net
Every two years the ChicagoLand Glider Council hosts a seminar during February. Our seminars are all day Saturday events having 4-5 speakers, includes a luncheon, and makes it a great wintertime social gathering for glider pilots here in the Midwest. The speeches are divided between soaring...
0 15 Soaring
How Have Our Soaring Vendors Fared? by Semantics Michael
The sport of soaring is, of course, a relatively small community and what might impact our suppliers and dealers can affect us all. Curious as to how the US and non-US suppliers have fared so far during the pandemic. In any case, may 2021 bring them a better New Year!
by 6PK Go to last post
31 191 Soaring
First glider Nimbus 2 ? by Surge
A Nimbus 2 is on the market which I'm interested in as my first glider and I'd like some feedback from those who've owned or flown one. I do realize that a flapped, long winged glider is not the best choice for a low time pilot which is why I will keep the glider in a hangar while I first build up...
by waremark Go to last post
109 2,743 Soaring
For Sale - Used ClearNav II with ClearNav Variometer with 2 vario displays by Paul Remde
For Sale - Used ClearNav II with ClearNav Variometer with 2 vario displays I'm helping a customer sell his used ClearNav II system. I have it here at my office and have verified that it is working well and all parts are included. The units have been updated to the latest firmware. I don't know...
Today 01:35 AM
by Paul Remde Go to last post
1 19 Soaring
FLARM releases firmware for ADS-R and TIS-B by Dave Nadler
Hi All - FLARM has announced release of firmware supporting ADS-R and TIS-B reception. This feature is included in new firmware for Core Fusion. For original PowerFLARM core and portable, this requires a license available he https://flarm.com/shop/ads-r-and-tis-b-reception-adsr/ Firmware is...
by Ramy[_2_] Go to last post
17 61 Soaring
Looking for PA25-235 Carb Air Box by Larry Ruggiero
Our Pawnee’s air box has gotten pretty worn out, including a previous linkage repair. If you have a serviceable one lying around or know of a source, please let me know (don’t think anyone’s making new ones). Ours has the Brackett air filter mod but I don’t think that makes a difference....
2021 SSA Youth Flight Training Scholarships by [email protected]
The SSA Youth/Junior Committee is now accepting applications for 2021 Youth Flight Training Scholarships (ages 13-25). These include pre-solo and post-solo opportunities. Visit https://www.ssa.org/youth for more information and scholarship applications, and deadlines.
US 2021 Pilot Ranking List Online by [email protected]
The 2021 PRL is available at http://soaringweb.org/PRL . There are always some glitches in identifying pilots from the score sheets, team members, etc, so please check things over and send along your questions and comments directly to me at Note, that because of the...
Yesterday 10:29 PM
by Andy Blackburn[_3_] Go to last post