Search: Posts made by: Tony[_5_]
Forum: Soaring May 24th 21, 10:20 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tony[_5_]
IGCDroid Android IGC flight recorder is now free

On Monday, May 24, 2021 at 3:33:22 PM UTC-5, Alan Walls wrote:
Hi All,
I'm the developer of IGCDroid. My mistake is your gain... IGCDroid is now free for everybody, forever. Enjoy.

For...
Forum: Soaring May 14th 21, 09:28 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tony[_5_]
Declared 750K in thermals, Eastern US

On Friday, May 14, 2021 at 3:19:17 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Friday, May 14, 2021 at 3:33:51 PM UTC-4, Tango Eight wrote:
Two of us flew a declared 750K mission out of Post Mills...
Forum: Soaring April 28th 21, 09:30 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tony[_5_]
How Do You Evaluate an OLC Flight ?

I usually look at the circling % to analyze how difficult a particular flight was.

On Tuesday, April 27, 2021 at...
Forum: Soaring April 2nd 21, 10:43 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tony[_5_]
Rumble Rumble Rumble - Go Ron Schwarz

Go Ron GO!!

On Friday, April 2, 2021 at 2:07:05 PM UTC-5, Papa3 wrote:
Ron is well into a straight out ridge run in the Appalachians in his trusty 1-26. He departed Blairstown NJ about 9:30 this...
Forum: Soaring March 7th 21, 02:09 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tony[_5_]
glider transport needed

On Saturday, March 6, 2021 at 9:19:39 AM UTC-6, Phoenix wrote:
On Saturday, March 6, 2021 at 9:29:56 AM UTC-5, John Sinclair wrote:
On Saturday, March 6, 2021 at 6:11:48 AM UTC-8, andy l...
Forum: Soaring March 3rd 21, 03:19 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tony[_5_]
2022 SSA Convention?

What about the 2023 Convention?
Forum: Soaring January 24th 21, 12:37 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tony[_5_]
Interview - 1000 km Soaring Flight by Richard Andrews & Barry Jaeger

Thanks Paul. I enjoyed listening in. The 2021 downwind dash season is just around the corner :D

On Tuesday, January 19, 2021 at 11:26:24 PM UTC-6, Paul Remde wrote:
Hi,

On May 8, 2020,...
Forum: Soaring December 11th 20, 07:06 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tony[_5_]
Dancing with the wind

My favorite soaring weather book.

Same phenomenon has been observed and (i believe) soared in the Pacific Northwest. Maybe Mount Rainier? I seem to remember an article.
Forum: Soaring November 17th 20, 01:36 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tony[_5_]
midair in Bay Area Nov 7

On Monday, November 16, 2020 at 7:10:11 PM UTC-6, Ramy wrote:
On Tuesday, November 10, 2020 at 8:39:41 AM UTC-8, Waveguru wrote:
I wonder if they were at least talking to each other? Ramy,...
Forum: Soaring October 26th 20, 08:17 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tony[_5_]
The Apology

It is not my position to decide how someone else feels.

I too am married to a female glider pilot. Leah is also a "Childless Corporate Whore" and WSPA member (former board member). She benefitted...
Forum: Soaring September 4th 20, 09:31 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tony[_5_]
COBRA Anti-Sway Coupler

Thread Drift on RAS, who would've thunk.

Solid advice from Mark Mocho. I've towed a lot of mostly new-ish Cobra trailers around the country at Speed Limit+5 but never more than 80 MPH (I'm looking...
Forum: Soaring September 1st 20, 02:36 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tony[_5_]
Schweizer 2-33 brake drum:

On Monday, August 31, 2020 at 7:50:40 PM UTC-5, Bill Hill wrote:
The Albuquerque Soaring Club is in need of a brake drum for it's 2-33, but would also settle for the entire wheel assembly. Please...
Forum: Soaring August 10th 20, 02:49 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tony[_5_]
Sad news, Lake County glider crash, LAK-17B FES Mini

Sad Loss. I only met Matt at the recent SSA Convention. I wasn't aware of any of his background until yesterday, besides the fact that he was a fellow glider pilot....
Forum: Soaring August 9th 20, 04:13 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tony[_5_]
§ 61.87 (i)

At least ground training on the subject. I always try to recruit my students to help me rig/de-rig on days where I fly XC. Voila training complete! They are definitely going to get some basic...
Forum: Soaring August 4th 20, 02:49 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tony[_5_]
First Ridge Traverse - Wyoming Range, Wyoming

I had a great time and learned a lot. Logan is an interesting place for a flatlander like me with lots of new puzzles to figure out. I'm looking forward to coming back! Leah had a great time too.
Forum: Soaring August 3rd 20, 06:54 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tony[_5_]
First Ridge Traverse - Wyoming Range, Wyoming

Oh sure as soon as I leave the ridge winds pick up!

18k seemed low enough to me over Wyoming on Saturday! :D
Forum: Soaring July 26th 20, 03:52 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tony[_5_]
Starting SeeYou

Yea it was XP that I had on my old laptop.
Forum: Soaring July 25th 20, 02:36 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tony[_5_]
Starting SeeYou

Don't even get.me started Ron. The only reason I was.forced.to update to a new laptop was because SeeYou quit supporting Windows 8 or whatever I had.on my old laptop. They did so with no notification...
Forum: Soaring July 25th 20, 02:27 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tony[_5_]
Starting SeeYou

15ish minutes to finally start yesterday. No error messages. Latest version.
Forum: Soaring July 24th 20, 04:02 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tony[_5_]
Starting SeeYou

Nothing IBM in the Extensions on Chrome. SeeYou Logs sent to Naviter. I can't be the only one in the world who is having this issue??
Forum: Soaring July 16th 20, 11:25 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tony[_5_]
Starting SeeYou

Yea he mentioned that. I have a Dell, no IBM ware that I know. just Windows "Security"
Forum: Soaring July 16th 20, 08:41 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tony[_5_]
Starting SeeYou

I have been having a lot of trouble lately getting SeeYou to boot up on my computer. Naviter suggested I disable antivirus and try using SeeYou Cloud. They like to suggest the cloud. I prefer that...
Forum: Soaring July 12th 20, 04:36 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tony[_5_]
Kansas Kowbell Klassic - Saturday July 11th

https://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-3.0/gliding/flightinfo.html?flightId=1131843742
Forum: Soaring July 11th 20, 12:00 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tony[_5_]
Kansas Kowbell Klassic - Saturday July 11th

Saturday July 11th is the annointed day for the 2020 Kansas Kowbell Klassic.. All Kompetitors will launch from Sunflower Gliderport and whichever pilot lands the furthest from Sunflower will win the...
Forum: Soaring June 22nd 20, 05:49 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tony[_5_]
Paint for white fiberglass trailer top

On my Komet I did a light sanding with a disc sander and then rolled on white house paint from Ace Hardware. It was a combo primer/paint, cant remember the brand. Still looks good a couple years...