Search: Posts made by: John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net
Forum: Soaring July 11th 20, 05:34 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dittel KRT2 disfunction

FYI - Here is the link to the TQ Avionics manuals for the KRT2 series transceivers and KTX-2 transponders.

https://www.tq-group.com/en/support/downloads/tq-general-aviation/manuals/

Still haven't...
Forum: Soaring July 10th 20, 03:07 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dittel KRT2 disfunction

On Thursday, July 9, 2020 at 2:35:26 PM UTC-5, Nick Kennedy wrote:
John
Last year my Dittel had a similar no transmit problem.
I downloaded the user manual available online and fixed it in the...
Forum: Soaring July 9th 20, 02:01 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dittel KRT2 disfunction

To add to this thread I am helping a friend with exactly the same issue.

Carrier is strong but without audio. I replaced the mic but without effect. No signal shown in the mic setup...
Forum: Soaring July 6th 20, 01:41 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
L-Nav v 5.8 EPROM

Missing how-to link.

https://www.advin.com/howto-program-EPROM.htm
Forum: Soaring July 6th 20, 01:09 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
L-Nav v 5.8 EPROM

Here is a how to web page on copying EPROMS.

The 27C512 chips are cheap on eBay but I don't see any $20 programmers. More like $60. Might try BangGood.com.
Forum: Soaring July 4th 20, 01:50 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
L-Nav v 5.8 EPROM

Locating a hidden batch of NOS of the desired EPROM version seems highly unlikely. Did you check with Gary Kammerer who supports Cambridge products?

If not the only choice seems to be to find...
Forum: Soaring July 4th 20, 01:40 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
New group format

When I read this post with a permissions issue my first thought was not about beta/classic but about the Google account being used.

Two ideas:

1) You are not logged into your Google account.

2)...
Forum: Soaring June 27th 20, 06:34 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
FAA suspends Bruno Vassel's Pilot Certificate

Sorry Bruno. This really stinks.

So is the issue simply doing any flying at all in an "airshow" or specifically some aerobatics being performed? I assume the later.

I would think that at least...
Forum: Soaring June 15th 20, 04:55 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Flying pants

On Monday, June 15, 2020 at 9:31:02 AM UTC-5, Craig Reinholt wrote:
Columbia sportswear
Forum: Soaring June 15th 20, 04:51 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Flying pants

On Monday, June 15, 2020 at 8:34:10 AM UTC-5, wrote:
longest wearing, pants I have found.

So, do we want to know how long you wear your pants? Naah- didn't think so ;-)

The...
Forum: Soaring June 15th 20, 02:25 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Flying pants

One comment on Duluth Trading clothing. Yes, their stuff is pricey but they have the best quality, longest wearing, pants I have found.
Forum: Soaring June 7th 20, 11:58 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
How About Story Time

Funny story about the time I sold my DG-101 but before I located my current glider. The scene is set with me now without a sailplane with a contest coming up.

It turned out that a good friend had...
Forum: Soaring June 4th 20, 05:08 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Power FLARM Portable (North America Version) for sale

You should advertise on http://glidersource.com.
Forum: Soaring June 2nd 20, 12:56 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bailout and survival kit

Two comments about cell phones;

1) Put it in a zippered pocket so if you have to bail out it might go missing when you need it most. Then what use would it be?

2) Put it in "airplane" mode or...
Forum: Soaring May 30th 20, 01:31 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Standalone artificial horizon

Two things;

- You can advertise that you want to buy something glider related at glidersource.com.

- ClearNav has announced the release this year of a color vario with an AH.
Forum: Soaring May 26th 20, 06:21 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
For Sale: Naviter Oudie IGC - like new

On Monday, May 25, 2020 at 7:56:27 AM UTC-5, Jamie Shore wrote:
For Sale on eBay - see link below
All communication will be handled through eBay system.

More than $1,150 to buy a new Oudie...
Forum: Soaring May 23rd 20, 02:11 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Signal Red/Orange Vinyl

I have heard it called "safety" red or orange. Try searching for that. I order vinyl from Amazon.
Forum: Soaring May 19th 20, 02:48 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
For Sale Clear Nav I

Be sure to advertise on glidersource.com!
Forum: Soaring May 19th 20, 02:23 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bailout and survival kit

Another pant choice is those for sailors that have zippered pockets.

Helly-Hansen Mens HP Foil Pant https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07LFWMR4X/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_ysZWEbZ5GJMPQ
Forum: Soaring May 14th 20, 10:12 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
PLB Spot InReach Webinar 5-12-2020

On Wednesday, May 13, 2020 at 4:44:46 PM UTC-5, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:

I have the spot X due to the ease of sending txt and cheaper subscription (hey, I am a glider pilot). Having had a...
Forum: Soaring May 14th 20, 10:10 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
PLB Spot InReach Webinar 5-12-2020

Nick - Thanks for the comments.

I try with my pros/cons analysis of the PLBs versus Personal GPS Trackers to be as impartial as possible.

But, full disclosure, I have owned a PLB for many years...
Forum: Soaring May 13th 20, 04:50 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bailout and survival kit

FYI - The presentation from last night's SSA Webinar "Emergency Locator Devices & Other Safety Equipment" is available at http://aviation.derosaweb.net/presentations/#emergency_location_devices. ...
Forum: Soaring May 13th 20, 02:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
perhaps a "wanted" thread?

You can place "wanted" ads at glidersource.com.
Forum: Soaring May 13th 20, 02:32 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
FS: Clearnav CN2 and CNv XC

Be sure to post the items for sale on glidersource.com!
Forum: Soaring May 13th 20, 12:04 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bailout and survival kit

On Tuesday, May 12, 2020 at 5:36:40 PM UTC-5, CindyB wrote:
If you would like some added perspective on these topics, tune in he