John Deere Gator TX 2WD by [email protected]
Does anyone own one of these? Our glider club may be looking to replace a golf cart and I'm wondering if this would be a more durable solution. Primary use would be to tow gliders around the field. Does yours have enough low-end torque to tow a glider at a walking pace? How reliable has it been?...
Andy McQuigg by [email protected]
Andy flew his final glide last Wednesday night. You will be missed EA! Whenever we have more information, we will pass information about his memorial service. Enrique Mertins KO
Ground Launch Training - Winch and Auto by Jim S
It appears that Cross Country Soaring in MN performs winch launches and maybe training? Anybody else have any suggestions for glider clubs performing / offering training in ground launch?
by AS Go to last post
11 24 Soaring
Comparing Nano 4 with Colibri X by Stephen Szikora
On the Cumulus Soaring website, it described the Nano 4 map as North Up only. Yet the most recent manual from LXNav says you can select North Up or Track Up. I wonder if updated firmware allows the Track Up option now. Does anyone know? I also read the Colibri X manual and it does specify Track Up...
Today 12:35 AM
by waremark Go to last post
2 12 Soaring
For Sale: Tost rings by [email protected]
We have 5 brand new tost rings & one slightly used one. So six total. They retail for $44.95 ea. We are asking $200.00 for all six. Buyer pays shipping from WA state. Thanks!
Cobra trailer tail skids by BobWa43
Has anyone installed the Cobra trailer skids sold by Wings and Wheels? Any info on how to properly place the threaded backing plates is appreciated.
by JS[_5_] Go to last post
10 30 Soaring
Crazies At The Gliderport by Bob Youngblood
I recently thought that I had seen it all until someone informed me that a guy was taking his dog for a glider ride. Now please understand I love dogs, have a wonderful Yellow Lab and treat her like our kid. Really never thought dogs and planes went well together, but what in the world would any...
by John Cochrane[_3_] Go to last post
10 40 Soaring
Pawnee Tow Release by Bob Youngblood
I am currently rebuilding another Pawnee and converting from a spray plane to a tow plane. Extensive work has been completed on this bird, and I am about ready to install the tow hook. This is the third Pawnee that I have converted and I have used the hopper dump handle as the tow release handle...
Boeing came close to losing its Starliner crew capsule by Larry Dighera
Boeing's competence seems to be eroding. I hope the new CEO can turn it around. Perhaps Boeing's move of engineering staff to Chicago was a poor decision. Such a financial-based decision was a mistake, and should be corrected by moving headquarters out of the city that closed Meigs Field, and...
Yesterday 03:07 PM
by Larry Dighera Go to last post
2 134 Piloting
Group Wants ‘Airman’ Replaced By Gender Neutral Terms In FAA Documents by Larry Dighera
https://www.avweb.com/aviation-news/group-wants-airman-replaced-by-gender-neutral-terms-in-faa-documents/ Group Wants ‘Airman’ Replaced By Gender Neutral Terms In FAA Documents Russ Niles February 23, 20208 Aviation regulators and authorities are a “find and replace” away from welcoming more...
Yesterday 02:34 PM
by Larry Dighera Go to last post
2 18 Piloting
Helium bubbles used to show bird aerodynamics by John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net
https://youtu.be/2sh8_3-R90I At 0:58 in the video the bird's wingtip vortices are described as "This helps provide lift". This statement caught my eye. However, Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wingtip_device) mentions that "Wingtip devices increase the lift generated at the wingtip (by...
Yesterday 11:10 AM
by Martin Gregorie[_6_] Go to last post
2 17 Soaring
Flarm suppression of ADS-B out on Tow Planes by [email protected]
For those towing behind tow planes equipped with ADS-B out (1090MHz), a new version of PowerFlarm firmware 6.67 is now available which should suppress the collision warning from the tow plane's ADS-B out. Below are release notes. Version 6.67 Published 04 March 2019 Platforms Build Expiration All...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Yesterday 08:54 AM
by Urban Go to last post
38 461 Soaring
L33 Hydraulic Conversion ANQ (Another Noob Question) by Shaun Wheeler
Now that it's passed it's annual I'm curious if there's a conversion kit for hydraulic brakes? Has anybody in the US done one? I see at least two kits (not aircraft specific) on W&W from Tost but haven't come up with much else. If there's already an approved EASA version of this it'd really be...
Yesterday 06:25 AM
by Charles Longley Go to last post
4 47 Soaring
If I Was Mayor (Part One) -By Daryl Kabatoff by Daryl Kabatoff
If I Was Mayor –By Daryl Kabatoff If I was mayor of the City of Saskatoon I’d end of the money grab of the 30 km/hour school zones… The schools should post reduced speeds but with illuminated, blinkin’ and more frequent signage. There should be no fine print on traffic speed signs, it is...
Yesterday 06:20 AM
by Daryl Kabatoff Go to last post
0 14 Home Built