Search: Posts made by: Ogden Johnson III
Forum: Naval Aviation August 27th 08, 04:13 AM Posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Posted By Ogden Johnson III
Single Engine F35 For Carrier Use ?

"Robert11" wrote:

Is the naval community "happy" with the idea of a single engine (F35)
aircraft for carrier use ?

Hasn't there always been the thought that two is...
Forum: Naval Aviation August 13th 08, 06:07 PM Posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
Posted By Ogden Johnson III
Farewell, Buckeye (T-2C)!

wrote:

See:

http://www.defensetech.org/archives/004362.html

Not so fast on the Buckeye, bucko.

It still has to go through the hoary traditional retirement from
*all*...
Forum: Naval Aviation July 3rd 08, 12:46 PM Posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Posted By Ogden Johnson III
United States Navy markings?

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote:

Ogden Johnson III wrote:

"Jack G" wrote:

Why is it that most United States Air Force planes Have "U. S....
Forum: Naval Aviation July 3rd 08, 12:53 AM Posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Posted By Ogden Johnson III
United States Navy markings?

"Jack G" wrote:

Why is it that most United States Air Force planes Have "U. S. AIR FORCE" or
"UNITED STATES AIR FORCE" markings but United States Navy and Marine...
Forum: Naval Aviation June 14th 08, 01:39 AM Posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Posted By Ogden Johnson III
Simulators?

cavelamb himself wrote:

..
I used to teach on T2C and TA4J, but haven't found a thing on google.
It's almost like there is no record at all.

Will keep looking

Flight...
Forum: Naval Aviation May 21st 08, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Posted By Ogden Johnson III
Attn: Otis Willie

Jim wrote:

St. John Smythe wrote:

Jim wrote:

This newsgroup is dedicated to NAVAL AVIATION. Apparently you never
read our charter. So, for your benefit, it appears...
Forum: Naval Aviation May 14th 08, 01:35 AM Posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval
Posted By Ogden Johnson III
A Tale Told By An Idiot

eyeball wrote:

In my case I really am into the subject of the group,

Which group? rec.aviation.military?
rec.aviation.military.naval? sci.military.naval?

but am by...
Forum: Naval Aviation December 3rd 07, 02:14 PM Posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Posted By Ogden Johnson III
The start of jet operations in US Navy.

Frode Hansen wrote:

Ogden Johnson III wrote:

[snips]

[Why do I suspect that the statement isn't supported by a
footnoted/endnoted citation?]

You just gave me the...
Forum: Naval Aviation December 3rd 07, 12:44 AM Posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Posted By Ogden Johnson III
The start of jet operations in US Navy.

Frode Hansen wrote:

I was reading an interesting paper on China's 'naval dilemma'
(..basically whether to base it's navy on carriers or submarines), and
came across...
Forum: Naval Aviation November 3rd 07, 12:52 PM Posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Posted By Ogden Johnson III
GREEN CARD

"Tom Clarke" wrote:

Struck out on trying to find OPNAVINST 3710.7 on the Navy
website. Or any Navy directives for that matter.

OJ III

Point 7 Tango is the...
Forum: Naval Aviation October 21st 07, 03:39 AM Posted to rec.aviation.military.naval,rec.aviation.military
Posted By Ogden Johnson III
F18 NIGHT CARRIER EMERGENCY

wrote:

Goodby
somebody_29_days_and_a_dollar_(american_or_canadian)_short_anybody23canada.com.

***plonk***

--
OJ III
Forum: Naval Aviation October 9th 07, 01:08 AM Posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

"Boomerang" wrote:

Is my memory correct? It won't be the first time that I have the fuzzy disease.

And it won't be the last time. Worse, they'll become...
Forum: Naval Aviation October 7th 07, 11:44 PM Posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Posted By Ogden Johnson III
GREEN CARD

"B.C. MALLAM" wrote:

I held an instrument "green" card when I was in the Navy. I know you had to
have something like 2500 hours before you took the ride for it but...
Forum: Naval Aviation October 13th 06, 01:37 AM Posted to alt.military.retired,rec.aviation.military.naval
Posted By Ogden Johnson III
Need proof of trainin in Air Force Base in VA in 1969

"Daryl Hunt" wrote:

"Ogden Johnson III" wrote:

"Daryl Hunt" wrote:

421X2 Pneudraulics Repairman

Forum: Naval Aviation October 12th 06, 12:56 AM Posted to alt.military.retired,rec.aviation.military.naval
Posted By Ogden Johnson III
Need proof of trainin in Air Force Base in VA in 1969

"Daryl Hunt" wrote:

..
Take a look at this cite. The people are called...
Forum: Naval Aviation October 10th 06, 09:23 PM Posted to alt.military.retired,rec.aviation.military.naval
Posted By Ogden Johnson III
Need proof of trainin in Air Force Base in VA in 1969

Charlie Wolf wrote:

Can any of you regulars here in r.a.m.n. help with this request??

Or point him in the right direction?
Regards,

On 10 Oct 2006 11:09:34 -0700,...