Forum: Soaring August 18th 18, 08:41 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Again!

On Saturday, August 18, 2018 at 2:31:57 PM UTC-4, Paul Agnew wrote:
https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/aug/08/donald-trump/renovations-Trump-out-White-House/

FYI...

You...
Forum: Soaring August 18th 18, 02:08 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Again!

On Friday, August 17, 2018 at 4:53:01 PM UTC-4, 6PK wrote:
No love lost when it comes to Trump as far as I'm concerned, but in all fairness all previous presidents created TFR'S in the...
Forum: Soaring August 17th 18, 08:59 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Again!

On Friday, August 17, 2018 at 2:20:45 PM UTC-4, Whiskey Charlie wrote:
Hey at least you now know one weekend that won't be TFR'ed...

Trump just tweeted he will spend Veteran's Day in...
Forum: Soaring August 17th 18, 01:59 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Again!

On Thursday, August 16, 2018 at 6:24:50 PM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
Thank you, Charlie, for adding a little chuckle to this bitching thread.

My gripe is about all the TFRs out west due to...
Forum: Soaring August 16th 18, 08:23 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Again!

On Thursday, August 16, 2018 at 3:12:01 PM UTC-4, Retting wrote:
And the rest of you, quit your whining.

Hey, the right to **** and moan is unalienable. It's right there
in the Constitution, or...
Forum: Soaring August 16th 18, 02:01 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Again!

The FAA has just informed us that northern NJ will once again be blessed with the weekend golfing presence of President Trump. Lucky us. This means that for the last eight weekends, we have had ONE...
Forum: Soaring August 1st 18, 09:12 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Silent Skies

On Monday, July 30, 2018 at 8:00:37 PM UTC-4, wrote:

And please don't vote for Pocahontas in 2020 cause that would probably screw up my club.

I don't think any President has...
Forum: Soaring August 1st 18, 09:10 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Silent Skies

On Wednesday, August 1, 2018 at 2:55:58 PM UTC-4, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
Annnddddd....this weeks TFR for NJ just popped up. Another no fly weekend for this area.

It's even better...
Forum: Soaring July 31st 18, 02:57 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Silent Skies

Yes they were jumping in the TFR.

The jumpers have some advantages in that they don't travel a
very long distance horizontally, and the jump planes are
transponder equipped. Of course our...
Forum: Soaring July 29th 18, 04:21 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Silent Skies

On Sunday, July 29, 2018 at 4:04:38 AM UTC-4, wrote:

Skydive New England got permission to jump during Bush vacation TFRs in Maine.

They were actually jumping inside the TFR? ...
Forum: Soaring July 28th 18, 09:17 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
US team silence

On Friday, July 27, 2018 at 1:20:49 PM UTC-4, wrote:

I've been on usenet newsgroups since before it was called The Internet.

Ah, the ArpaNet, I remember it well. I think I...
Forum: Soaring July 28th 18, 09:13 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Silent Skies

On Saturday, July 28, 2018 at 9:48:47 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Ask for an exception. Been granted to others in the past. Or move the club to Wurtsboro for the next 6 years.

An...
Forum: Soaring July 28th 18, 09:10 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Silent Skies

On Saturday, July 28, 2018 at 12:54:42 PM UTC-4, 2G wrote:

Part of the reason for Trump’s vacation comes from the White House replacing its 27 year-old heating & cooling system and performing...
Forum: Soaring July 26th 18, 02:36 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
grob main wheel and brake disk

On Tuesday, July 24, 2018 at 11:07:52 AM UTC-4, Charlie Quebec wrote:
Quit so, normal brake fluids are hygroscopic, and easily absorb water, which then causes vapour issues in the lines when...
Forum: Soaring July 24th 18, 02:41 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
grob main wheel and brake disk

On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 4:55:41 PM UTC-4, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:

DOT 5 "will work", but it is even MORE water hungry than others.

Yes, I made a bold statement, I will do...
Forum: Soaring July 22nd 18, 05:44 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Silent Skies

On Sunday, July 22, 2018 at 12:08:43 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Protect a golf course?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CxX8nvLalE

Jim Beckman
Forum: Soaring July 22nd 18, 04:55 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Silent Skies

Well, I complained (or commented) on the Silent Skies locally.
That changed for a while Saturday afternoon around 12:30. From
the thundering noises overhead, it was clear that the F22s were
out,...
Forum: Soaring July 22nd 18, 04:48 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Silent Skies

On Saturday, July 21, 2018 at 9:17:00 AM UTC-4, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
I know AOPA and others are pushing to get some compensation to affected airports.

I've read that some sort...
Forum: Soaring July 21st 18, 02:04 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Silent Skies

I live in Great Meadows, NJ, about 4 miles northwest of Hackettstown
Airport. This is a nice clear Saturday morning, and usually I would
hear the occasional airplane engine as some SEL passes...
Forum: Soaring July 20th 18, 08:38 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
grob main wheel and brake disk

On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 2:49:20 PM UTC-4, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
DOT 5 which REALLY SUCKS WATER OUT OF THE AIR).

Are you sure about this? Sounds like you are, but DOT 5...
Forum: Soaring June 30th 18, 02:09 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
When gliders fail in flight, but pilots manage to land

Many years ago, a friend of mine had the linkage to both ailerons in his 1-26 come disconnected in flight. The pins in the linkage fell out inside the fuselage, and we never did find the safety pin...
Forum: Soaring June 28th 18, 09:24 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Shazam!

When is the last time a national class contest was won by a club glider? I mean, a glider that is actually owned by a glider club, and handed over to the contestant for a couple of weeks to compete...
Forum: Soaring March 23rd 18, 02:07 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
HVLP Paint Sprayer Recommendations

On Thursday, March 15, 2018 at 10:50:15 AM UTC-4, wrote:
I use a cheap HVLP gun from Home Depot and throw it away after a few jobs.

I've gotten a lot of good information from...
Forum: Soaring February 18th 16, 08:52 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dry vs. wet sanding

On Wednesday, February 17, 2016 at 6:22:51 PM UTC-5, Andrzej Kobus wrote:

Jim, the release of isocyanates is caused by heat from sanding. The higher the heat the more isocyanates will be released....
Forum: Soaring February 17th 16, 01:38 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dry vs. wet sanding

During dry sanding isocyanates will be released, regardless how old the paint is. The newer the paint the more isocyanates will be released. You risk developing asthma, not really good for pilots :(....