Search: Posts made by: Nyal Williams[_3_]
Forum: Soaring October 14th 19, 03:32 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nyal Williams[_3_]
RIP John Shelton, Pez D Spencer

On Sunday, October 6, 2019 at 9:25:52 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I just learned John passed away on Sept 8th. He had been fighting brain cancer for several years. He was a good friend...
Forum: Soaring September 10th 19, 05:08 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nyal Williams[_3_]
Discus 2 rudder stiff help please

On Monday, August 26, 2019 at 7:55:09 AM UTC-4, India November wrote:
The rudder on my D2b has become very stiff on its hinges during this season. I disconnected the cables at the rudder horn, and...
Forum: Soaring September 4th 19, 01:17 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nyal Williams[_3_]
Ghost glider

On Monday, September 2, 2019 at 1:50:54 PM UTC-4, Nyal Williams wrote:
I have not visited this site in several years.
Several years ago an abandoned and decaying glider was spotted in the desert...
Forum: Soaring September 3rd 14, 12:28 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nyal Williams[_3_]
Using the Nook as a navigation instrument

I know this is done for navigation in gliders. I'm interested to know
whether the Nook can be converted to a GPS for cars and whether there is an
app it would accept for showing compass headings...